Cats & Dogs - Friend or Foe? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cats & Dogs - Friend or Foe?

Spen84107
08-12-2004, 22:14
We have a cat, Sawyer, that acts so much like a dog, it's hard to even call him one of the "cats". While the other cats hide from the dogs in their closet, he proudly struts around with the dogs. Some other dog-like things he does are:

He'll go outside to "take a break" with the dogs
Eats their food, instead of the cat food.
Assists in 'bullying' the other cats, by knocking them off the "cat condo" so the dogs can chase them away.
Sleeps with the dogs, rather than with the cats.

It made me wonder about other combinations and if others had similar situations with their pets.

Do you have pets that share an unconventional relationship with each other? If you can, add pics to your story. If not, tell it anyway. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/spen84107/Daxsawyer8-10.jpg

MrsKitty
08-12-2004, 22:40
I used to catch my Miss Kitty sleeping with my dog occasionally.

My Fred, who spent his first five weeks with dogs, barks like a dog. Ever hear a cat bark? ;b

My neighbor's Dobie sleeps with one of the cats cuddled up in her front legs. No other cats can come near her but she adores that one.

Spen84107
08-12-2004, 23:29
Originally posted by misskitty5077
I used to catch my Miss Kitty sleeping with my dog occasionally.

My Fred, who spent his first five weeks with dogs, barks like a dog. Ever hear a cat bark? ;b

You're going to have to get that bark recorded! ;f One of our cats pretend-meows. She moves her mouth, but no sound comes out. ;g

MrsKitty
08-13-2004, 09:33
He barks like a little yippy dog! He picked it up from two toy poodles ;b

I should tape him, shouldn't I? Never thought about it before.

David N.
08-13-2004, 11:18
He barks like a little yippy dog! He picked it up from two toy poodles ;b

You mean poodles are dogs!?!? I always referred to them as really ugly cats.

Our cats pretty much decide for themselves whether or not to associate with dogs. Our dog, a stray that showed up, learned in about a week which cats would run from him, which ones would just ignore him, and which ones would chase him. Its funny to watch him walking along until he sees a cat in front of him, then stop and go another way just to avoid getting near her.

ATL Peach Girl
08-15-2004, 00:28
Spen!!!! what a pic!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!!

Spen84107
08-15-2004, 19:10
Originally posted by ATL Peach Girl
Spen!!!! what a pic!!!!! thanks for sharing!!!!

You betcha. Here's another of my favorites for ya. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/spen84107/222850-large.jpg

08-15-2004, 20:46
Our oldest dog, a female Lab/Hound mix thinks she is everybody's mama. The cats know to come around her when they want an extra bath ;g

I took a nap one afternoon and woke up with 2 cats on my legs, one dog welded to my calf, another dog close by my shoulders and I think another couple of cats somewhere else on the bed. ;P (note to self: gotta get a bigger bed....

I'll try to round up some pics.

Slobberchops
08-15-2004, 21:45

Why do I hear "Jaws" music while looking at this picture? ;P

ATL Peach Girl
08-16-2004, 03:51
Originally posted by Spen84107
You betcha. Here's another of my favorites for ya. ;)

Oh Lordie that is choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;z ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

Spen84107
08-18-2004, 18:32
Originally posted by Slobberchops

Why do I hear "Jaws" music while looking at this picture? ;P [/B]

;z

Surprisingly enough, the cat is the vicious one. ;f

Ender
08-18-2004, 22:03
my g/f's cat thinks he is a dog...there are 3 dogs in the house and 2 cats...the second one came a while after the first, and the first one is way dog-like!

Walter45Auto
11-17-2005, 23:32
...Ever hear a cat bark? .

no, but I've heard a mockingbird meow. (seriously. No lie.)

;g

;8 ;I

Exile
11-23-2005, 13:29
We have two cats who were about 4 years old and most put out when the new puppy arrived nearly two years ago. He adores them, but one treats him with contempt and ignores him. The other alternates between contempt and tolerance. One minute she will rub up against him, the next she will turn and bat him on the nose without warning. It might be the nose up the bottom that does it..

Blitzer
11-23-2005, 13:48
Sorry no pictures.

My old Tommy cat Tiger grew up outside and with the neighbor's Red lab puppy. Tiger and the pup grew up and still played together nearly every day. Run, hide, swat, and wrestle. It was a hoot to watch.

Niether would tolerate any other cat or dog in thier presence.

Tiger got kind of wierd after the Lab jumped the fence only to be hit on the street. Tiger just vanished one day? ;P ;w ;1