best ammo for glock .40 cal SW [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best ammo for glock .40 cal SW

jecht_sphere
08-15-2004, 22:18
hello guys. im a new comer. i live in paranaque. im glad dat we have this "forum" exclusive for filipino gun owners. i just bought a glock 22c .40 cal SW. d ko pa napuputok bcause d ko alam kung ano best ammo for it for a start. im new with guns so i desperately need ur advices guys. pls include also d approximated price if possible. thanx a lot

cznayr
08-15-2004, 22:44
For "break-in" you could try the armscor ammo (FMJ), it cycles well in my 40.. and it's quite cheap at 17 pesos.. Okay din pang practice.. I won't recommend reloads for your G22.. If you have enough dough to spare then you can upgrade to winchester, or el dorado...

vega
08-16-2004, 00:00
j_s - Welcome to the forum!;c You should experiment which ammo your pistol will like especially for defense. One particular brand of ammo might work for me but might not work for you. Do double taps, gangstah type, strong and weakhand etc...

BTW, this forum is not "exclusively" for pinoys only. Eric was generous enough to let us have our own space.

vega

julianz
08-16-2004, 00:46
J S welcome aboard:cool:

since compensated pistol mo i would also go for the FMJ no reloads.

ppts799
08-16-2004, 00:55
welcome J_S!

for breaking in, try 50 rounds of armscor fmj.

for carry, i agree with vega, experiment with what is best for you and your pistol.

a number of BOGs live in the paranaque area, maybe you can join in one of our gimmicks.

jecht_sphere
08-16-2004, 17:20
thank u guys for all your advices. i will try fmj then. its also gud vega suggested to experiment for other ammo brands coz i never thought/know that they differ in performance depending on the gun i'll use. I've got so much to learn from u BOGS and im looking forward to them.

renior
08-19-2004, 09:38
Dear friend

Thats right the armscor FMJ is good for target shooting practice the most economical. just stay away from reloads believe me not worth the risk, I am talking from experience as for carry ammo the winchester 180 gr. JHP and winchester silvertips 155 gr. are accurate and has mild recoil,the Remington Golden Saber 165 gr. JHP is impressive but recoils quite hard but try it too,might be best for you ok good luck
JUST STAY AWAY FROM RELOADS !!! THINK LAPD SWAT,DEA AND FBI NO TO RELOADS.

JuDGe
08-19-2004, 17:47
No to reloads? WHY?????

Just learn to clean your barrel well and do it every time you shoot.

There are more glock shooters out there using economical reloaded ammo than expensive factory ammo.

Cheers! ;f

9MX
08-19-2004, 19:10
Originally posted by jecht_sphere
hello guys. im a new comer. i live in paranaque. im glad dat we have this "forum" exclusive for filipino gun owners....

just to put things in perspective, this forum is not exclusive to filipino gun owners. i believe it was created for pinoy glock owners, but everyone regardless of race or creed is welcome:)

well as long as he doesn't troll around:cool:

cznayr
08-19-2004, 19:49
Originally posted by JuDGe
No to reloads? WHY?????

Just learn to clean your barrel well and do it every <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> you shoot.

There are more glock shooters out there using economical reloaded ammo than expensive factory ammo.

Cheers! ;f

I agree, ang problema lang sa glock na 40, di supported sa six o'clock position yung barrel, so just try to examine the casing if it is still "reloadable". Just try to be smart about it to avoid KBs.