mohave eye protection [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : mohave eye protection

julianz
08-17-2004, 09:01
Any body heared or has anyone have one a MOHAVE sunglass with interchangeble lenses from TV shopping back there in P.I.

How's the quality , is it good for ratratan.

Thanks

9MX
08-17-2004, 09:16
Originally posted by julianz
Any body heared or has anyone have one a MOHAVE sunglass with interchangeble lenses from TV shopping back there in P.I.

Thanks

its known as Mojave here, marketed via home tv shopping, iirc PhP2,500. i think it has 2 frames and 3 sets of lenses. an office mate has one, looks ok but have yet to see a shooter wearing one in matches/practice.

eyecutter probably would have a more credible assessment

julianz
08-17-2004, 10:08
oops;f mispelled the damn thing Mojave..thanks 9mx

doctabako
08-17-2004, 10:31
I have them and have been using them for close to a year now. It has 2 frames(one black and one silver) and 5 pairs of lenses with a carrying case. Its quite durable, got mine as buy 1 take one for 2,495 IIRC(comes down to 1,247.50/box). Its value for money but some bogs here don't think so as they keep breaking them.:grin: In my experience its even more durable than some Oakley models as I've had 1 (not the M-frames, forgot the model) that just snapped as the frame became brittle. The lenses(GE Lexan, I think) are also good as I've experienced some backsplatter(from shooting at plates) that didn't damage them. If you're not too fashion and brand conscious, you won't go wrong with it.:)

I started a thread about this last year. Here's the link to Mojave Convertibles (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201756&highlight=mojave+lenses)

Allegra
08-18-2004, 00:30
Originally posted by julianz

Thanks

I saw a biker wearing one , yung may silver frame
Parang it reminded me of Volta , yung character ni Ai Ai

cznayr
08-18-2004, 01:46
The frames are not as durable as the lenses.. maupuan mo lang sira na, i guess lahat naman ng maupuan ng tao na frames masisira.. But the lenses are ok, indestructible ayon sa commercial na pinaapalo ng hammer di pa nasisira.. didn't try it with mine though hehe

julianz
08-18-2004, 02:22
thanks guys.

9MX
08-18-2004, 05:13
forgot to mention that doc T is also credible resource person for mojave since he and EC are opthalmologists