Diet? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Diet?

BrokenArrow
08-19-2004, 11:51
No, the word does not come from the Latin "to die"! ;)

Ya don't need to get crazy w it. Unless ya are crazy with it, then ya should probably stop.

Seen em all come and go and come back again and again.
They've all failed and worked at one time or another for somebody. Kinda like guns and ammo?

How easy is it to live w day in and day out for the rest of your life is what really counts?

I eat mostly low/no fat dairy, lean meat, fish, poulty, whole grains and cereals, nuts and seeds, fruits and vegetables. Milkshakes, banana splits, pizza, and beer fit right in just fine on my diet too, I just don't have 'em for breakfast every day.

Maintain a weight of around 150 or less on about 3000 calories a day I'm fairly active and come from good stock. If you're a spud on the sofa and a mut, might have to pay more attention to how much of what ya shovel in and how often though. But I still dont think it's healthy to get too restrictive or too serious about it.

I mean, if ya aren't having any fun, it will show one way or another. ;b

Matt VDW
08-21-2004, 17:32
I eat mostly low/no fat dairy, lean meat, fish, poulty, whole grains and cereals, nuts and seeds.
You don't eat many fruits and vegetables?

BrokenArrow
08-22-2004, 08:41
Of course I do; went back and fixed that. Hmmm... looks like I need more "brain food"? ;b

ateamer
08-22-2004, 19:56
I eat steak, barbecue, potatoes, pork chops, double cheeseburgers, macaroni and cheese, white rice, eggs fried in lots of butter, bacon, white bread, cheesesteaks, up to a gallon of milk (okay, 2%) a day, corn (preferably on the cob), Costco hot dogs and Polish sausage, brats, popcorn, cookies, homemade blueberry cobbler and some veggies. I also like fruit juice, especially pineapple-coconut and Costco/Newman's Own grape.

Pretty much your typical powerlifter's diet, except I only have a couple beers a month. (When I do drink, it's Anchor Steam, Fat Tire or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.)

I only eat what I like. My unproven, unscientific theory is that many health maladies could be prevented if people would stop stressing about food, eat what they like (within reason) and just exercise harder.

thaddeus
09-02-2004, 00:12
I eat as much lean protein as I can stuff in my face. Grilled chicken breast, fish and eggs are my friends. Every couple hours I eat. I am never hungry.

I eat as much dark green veggies as I can. Spinach, broccoli etc.

Protein shakes for desert and after workouts.

Other than that I am not often hungry. I keep simple sugars out and cut down good fats, with zero bad fats.

During my cutting phase, the goal is 2400 calories a day, mostly lean protein.
Bulking phases are a bit looser, but don't go nuts or I pack on fat I have to lose later.

I notice that if I do not force myself to eat a lot of protein every couple hours, I start "overtraining". MY body just can't rebuld and keep up with what I am doing to it.
Same with carbs. I can tell when I am getting too few to push myself like I do.
And once in a while I have to consciously eat some fat to get my tone and color back.

younggenious
09-02-2004, 01:43
I try to eat as much natural stuff as possible. I avoid as much man-made and man-modified crap as possible.

I avoid: anything processed. Processed foods is what give's you heart disease and clogs your blood vessels, etc: Suger (that's what makes you sick and fat, not fat), Hydrogenated/Partially Hydrogenated Oil, Hydrolyzed Proteins etc., all processed grains including white bread and anything "enriched".

I eat a lot of fruit and some vegetables. I love meat of all kinds, but I don't overcook it which destroys a lot of the valuable nutrients.

I use grains only to supplement my diet. I try to properly prepare them, and "them" is only whole grains.

I stick with organic and locally grown meat and produce when possible.

I take some supplements: Coral Calcium, C, E, Kelp, Cod Liver Oil (not a regular basis though).

I try to get plenty of sunlight, and I am plenty active.

FreakyBig
09-02-2004, 18:29
Originally posted by thaddeus
During my cutting phase, the goal is 2400 calories a day, mostly lean protein.
Bulking phases are a bit looser, but don't go nuts or I pack on fat I have to lose later.

I assume you are competing Thaddeus. If so, at what level and what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?

I've found that given the proper workout regimen, most people can eat pretty much whatever they want to once their metabolism has sped up. I eat anything I can find and dont usually exceed 10%BF and thats with an average of close to 7000 calories a day. Working out is the easy part, the hard part is trying to get someone who eats one or two meals a day to eat every 2 to 3 hours.