Glock 22c jammed during "break in" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 22c jammed during "break in"

jecht_sphere
08-22-2004, 17:12
i just bought glock 22c 40cal and when i test fired it this weekend it always jams within 10th to 15th rounds. I used armscor FMJ and i fired 100 rounds. I never had a complete 1 magazine (15 rounds) fire without jamming. This is disappointing to me considering that it is my first gun. WHY IS THIS SO? WHAT DO YOU THINK WENT WRONG? WHAT SHALL I DO ABOUT IT?

Moreover BOGS, what part of the gun shall i grease/oil? wala kasi sa maual instruction gun cleaning eh.

JuDGe
08-22-2004, 18:04
http://glockmeister.com/images/lubing.jpg

Lubricating the field stripped firearm
To properly lubricate your Glock pistol, after it has been thoroughly cleaned and dried, use a clean patch that has been slightly dampened with a quality gun oil. Wipe the barrel, the inside of the slide where the barrel hood rides against the slide and wipe the barrel lug at the bottom of the barrel. Apply one drop to each of the slide rail grooves (once the slide is moved on the receiver, the oil will be distributed to each of the slide rails). The most important drop of oil is placed where the trigger bar and connector meet. Failure to properly lubricate the junction of the trigger bar and connector can lead to premature wear and a very heavy trigger pull.

Do not over-lubricate your Glock. Glock pistols are designed to operate properly with only small amounts of lubrication. Over-lubrication can cause the gun to collect large amounts of burnt and unburnt powder, brass shavings, dirt, lint and other foreign matter that can affect the proper functioning of your gun.

WARNING

Do not put oil inside the firing pin channel, around the extractor, on the breech face, any where near the barrel chamber or feed ramp, nor in the magazine. These areas should be kept clean and free from lubricant. Lubricant in these areas can cause contamination to primers and result in a failure to fire.

YOU CAN FIND MORE INFO AT THESE WEBSITES:
TOPGLOCK (http://www.topglock.com/info/info.htm)
GLOCKMEISTER (http://glockmeister.com/glockinf.shtml)
GLOCK F-R-I (http://www.f-r-i.com/glock/FAQ/)
GLOCK FAQ (http://www.glockfaq.com/maintenance.htm)

;f ;f ;f

jecht_sphere
08-22-2004, 18:10
judge thanx so much. You are always a great help. :)

vega
08-22-2004, 18:31
It would help if you tell us what kind of jam you had. FTE, FTF, stovepipe... No amount of oil would cure stovepipe, mostly operator's fault. Did you had a buddy with you when you shoot your G22? It's advisable to bring someone with you next time and let him shoot your pistol. If you have the same jam then I would say its the pistol. But if you both have stovepipe, then both of you should start practicing dry fire.;)

vega

mc_oliver
08-22-2004, 19:22
I'm assuming you're having failure to extract or stove-piping problems, FTE's.

The simplest cure is to make sure your new gun is oiled and cleaned.

The second is to fire it weakhand and see if the problem increases. If it does, you're limpwristing. Totally normal for a new glock shooter, just shoot it more if you can.

Lastly, since its a compensated model, you may need to have custom loads that are loaded hotter. This will allow the gun to cycle better.

;)

HTH. Goodluck.

jecht_sphere
08-22-2004, 23:32
Originally posted by vega
It would help if you tell us what kind of jam you had. FTE, FTF, stovepipe... No amount of oil would cure stovepipe, mostly operator's fault. Did you had a buddy with you when you shoot your G22? It's advisable to bring someone with you next time and let him shoot your pistol. If you have the same jam then I would say its the pistol. But if you both have stovepipe, then both of you should start practicing dry fire.;)

vega

the bullet won't feed in the chamber (ayaw na umangat ng bala from the magazine) so the gun thought empty na magazine kaya nag pullback "lock" na ang slide and i have to pull the slide back further for the bullet to feed in and unlock the slide. ganun ng ganun deprensya, sometimes magkasunod na dalawa jammed.

i dont understand it. im thinking baka magazine spring ang deprensya but considering that its new, mukha not probable at his moment and considering further that it happened (jammed) in both magazines.

anyway, what are FTE, FTF, stovepipe?:cool:

batangueno
08-22-2004, 23:48
Maybe you're accidentally hitting the slidestop with your thumb.

mc_oliver
08-23-2004, 00:04
FTE = Failure to Extract
FTF = Failure to Feed
Stove pipe = empty shell caught in the ejection port

What Batangueno said. However, when it does this, naka-engage ba ang slide lock sa slide such that you need to pull it down to release the slide?

If not, nasho-short stroke yung slide. Try the cleaning and oiling. Kung ayaw pa rin, try hotter ammo. Call PB and ask kung meron pa sila nung mga Fiocchi's nila. Kung magpapa-reload ka sa Armscor, indicate mo dun sa reloading slip na "major loading" kahit 9mm. ;)

ppts799
08-23-2004, 00:11
what is the number stamped on your follower?

JuDGe
08-23-2004, 00:24
If you have time, do drop-by at our range here at Sucat and see how we can resolve your problem. Ayos ba?!(mura lang range fee!);f

I will bring along my G23 for you to try-out, sayang eh kabebenta ko lang ng G22 ko last week. :)

Pag ayaw pa din.... pa debug natin kay master ppts! ;f

mc_oliver
08-23-2004, 01:24
Originally posted by JuDGe
At kung mapadpad kayo ng Armscor sa weekend sabihin nyo lang. Magdadala ako screwdriver, martilyo at completo'ng needle files. ;f;f

casmot
08-23-2004, 02:35
Originally posted by mc_oliver
At kung mapadpad kayo ng Armscor sa weekend sabihin nyo lang. Magdadala ako screwdriver, martilyo at completo'ng needle files. ;f;f

Ohh... no!!! ;f ;f ;f

jecht_sphere
08-23-2004, 02:43
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mc_oliver
[B]FTE = Failure to Extract
FTF = Failure to Feed

What Batangueno said. However, when it does this, naka-engage ba ang slide lock sa slide such that you need to pull it down to release the slide?

yes naka-engage but even if i pull down the slide lack, ayaw pa din mag feed, but if i pull back the slide futher, ayon nagfefeed na!

jecht_sphere
08-23-2004, 02:49
Originally posted by ppts799

sorry pards but i dont know what you mean by "follower". i will check my manual when i get home. im in the office kc eh.:)

casmot
08-23-2004, 02:52
Originally posted by jecht_sphere
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mc_oliver
[B]FTE = Failure to Extract
FTF = Failure to Feed

yes naka-engage but even if i pull down the slide lack, ayaw pa din mag feed, but if i pull back the slide futher, ayon nagfefeed na!

Did it happen on just one magazine or all your mags?

jecht_sphere
08-23-2004, 02:53
Originally posted by JuDGe
If you have time, do drop-by at our range here at Sucat and see how we can resolve your problem. Ayos ba?!(mura lang range fee!);f

I will bring along my G23 for you to try-out, sayang eh kabebenta ko lang ng G22 ko last week. :)

ok judge. i will really do that pag persistent pa din ang deprensya.

jecht_sphere
08-23-2004, 03:00
Originally posted by casmot
Did it happen on just one magazine or all your mags?

it happened in all my magazines casmot. dalawa lang nman kc e! he3

kaya nga it also came to my mind bka magazine pero pareho bago e!

julianz
08-23-2004, 05:00
sorry pards but i dont know what you mean by "follower". i will check my manual when i get home. im in the office kc eh.:)

cant find a pic for glock follower. yun yung black or collored na tumulak sa bala sa magazine mo . check mo magazine pag empty pindutin mo ibabaw yon na yon.

follower http://www.sviguns.com/catalog2001/

click follower.

vega
08-23-2004, 15:21
That's the black plastic thing which is directly below your first round. And directly below that is the spring.

vega

jecht_sphere
08-23-2004, 17:06
Originally posted by ppts799

No.5 yung number ng follower ko.

Anyway, is it advisable to always maximize the load of d magazine which is in my case 15 rounds evrytime i fire/practice in the shooting range or whenever i keep it for home defense purposes?

Ive heard kasi dpat daw mga 10 rounds lang para hindi daw ma strain yung spring ng magazine at tatagal ang buhay. Is this true?

ReccaH
08-23-2004, 17:37
Have you tried having it fired by a shooter/range assistant?

jecht_sphere
08-23-2004, 17:42
Originally posted by ReccaH
Have you tried having it fired by a shooter/range assistant?

No, not yet and i havent told them the defect but i guess they saw it siguro because they keep watching on the range and the shooters.

ppts799
08-23-2004, 21:16
No.5 yung number ng follower ko.

then i GUESS it's not a follower problem...

the reason for reccah's question is to eliminate the possibility of limpwristing (as mentioned by mc_oliver earlier). glocks and limpwristing are a no-no. try doubling up on your hearing protection and keep your wrists strong and stiff throughout the whole magazine.

v1ct0r
08-23-2004, 23:25
http://www.ktrange.com/articles/a8/a8.html

sakit ko yan.... ;a

jecht_sphere
08-24-2004, 00:00
your limpwristing demo is great! thanx for that. i was about to post a thread what limpwristing is when i saw your link.

i guess yun nga ciguro problema. next time when i shoot, i will try to be conscious about it or have others try my pistol as reccah has suggested.

thanks to all of you BOGS but pls expect mangungulit ako uli sa inyo. as i said, i know i've got a lot more of things to learn from you pa....and im excited to know them.

v1ct0r
08-24-2004, 03:03
your limpwristing demo is great! thanx for that. i was about to post a thread what limpwristing is when i saw your link.

i guess yun nga ciguro problema. next time when i shoot, i will try to be conscious about it or have others try my pistol as reccah has suggested.

thanks to all of you BOGS but pls expect mangungulit ako uli sa inyo. as i said, i know i've got a lot more of things to learn from you pa....and im excited to know them.

Sir dalawa na tayong mangungulit sa kanila.... ;f

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 20:24
alam n'yo ba na ang glock pistol ang isa sa pinaka mahirap na i-master na pistol???

I'm not kidding. Personally, it took me a long time before I was comfortable shooting a glock. A lot of newbie/first time pistol owners buy a glock bec. of its mystique and cult following but get turned off very fast bec. of the inherent difficulty of mastering the platform.

The grip angle of a glock makes it point muzzle up. The piss poor sights, you can't aim squat! And flies off when you draw from a tight holster! The heavy trigger is a prescription for flinching. The glock's perceived recoil is greater compared to a same size pistol that weighs heavier. It has a higher muzzle jump bec. of its light weight. All of these characteristics make it prone to limpwristing and makes for a pistol very easy to be turned-off. Kaya ang daming lumilipat sa 1911 platform when they get to try one kasi it is one pistol that is very easy to shoot well!

v1ct0r
08-24-2004, 20:35
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
alam n'yo ba na ang glock pistol ang isa sa pinaka mahirap na i-master na pistol???

I'm not kidding. Personally, it took me a long time before I was comfortable shooting a glock. A lot of newbie/first time pistol owners buy a glock bec. of its mystique and cult following but get turned off very fast bec. of the inherent difficulty of mastering the platform.

The grip angle of a glock makes it point muzzle up. The piss poor sights, you can't aim squat! The relatively heavy trigger is a prescription for flinching. The glock's perceived recoil is greater compared to a same size pistol that is weighs heavier. It has a higher muzzle jump bec. of its light weight. All of this characteristics make it prone to limpwristing and makes for a pistol very easy to be turned-off. Kaya ang daming lumilipat sa 1911 platform when they get to try one kasi it is very easy to shoot well!

Kaya nga ako nag 1911 muna, nakinig sa mga masters.... ;a

mc_oliver
08-24-2004, 23:49
But if you have learned to shoot the glock, going to a 1911 feels like cheating. ;);f