Caspian Slide/Scheumman(whatever the spelling is) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Caspian Slide/Scheumman(whatever the spelling is)

9MX
08-23-2004, 23:09
It seems that Caspian is the preferred slide of 1911 shooters? why?

since the cost is way above the regular 1911 slides out there, what gives?

Same question for the Scheumman barrel? Why should one get it? for prestige/display?

Hehehehe...halata bang may plano ako;f

Eye Cutter
08-23-2004, 23:36
No, not really, you can use other brands and get exceptional accuracy bec. aftermarket slides and barrels are oversized so you get an incredibly tight fit.

But that is true only if your gunsmith knows what he is doing...

Slides: Caspian, STI, SVI, SPS
Barrels: Kart, Barsto, Schuemann, STI

jasonub
08-24-2004, 00:58
depends on what you want, If i were to build another standard gun slide will be svi and barrel will be limcat tungsten sleeved,

now my slide is sti and barrel is schuemann

batangueno
08-24-2004, 01:20
Ang ganda ng balak mo ah. ;f

I think the reason why the brands Doc mentioned are preferred by shooters is due to their good reputation. Tried and tested na di ba. :)

9MX
08-24-2004, 03:01
Originally posted by batangueno
Ang ganda ng balak mo ah. ;f

I think the reason why the brands Doc mentioned are preferred by shooters is due to their good reputation. Tried and tested na di ba. :)

hmmm...may kilala ako, tapos na magbalak. tinuluyan na!;f

abangan;z

batangueno
08-24-2004, 03:08
Originally posted by 9MX

abangan;z ;z hahaha...parang kilala ko na 'yan. ;f

mc_oliver
08-24-2004, 03:46
Caspian has been around for quite sometime. It seems their quality has been consistent all the years kaya popular choice sya.

As for Schuemann, not sure where it started, baka sa SV dati. Anyway, Barsto maganda rin.

Kuha ka ng quality parts is never wrong. Problema lang kung duling nag fit ng parts mo. Kahit ano'ng ganda ng parts, pag mali fitting, hanggang display na lang talaga baril mo. ;);f

julianz
08-24-2004, 04:04
question lang mga sir, if you purchase a replacement barrel or slide do you still need an extra permit for that or can you buy it over the counter.

9MX
08-24-2004, 04:40
Originally posted by julianz
question lang mga sir, if you purchase a replacement barrel or slide do you still need an extra permit for that or can you buy it over the counter.

nope

9MX
08-24-2004, 04:47
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
No, not really, you can use other brands and get exceptional accuracy bec. aftermarket slides and barrels are oversized so you get an incredibly tight fit.

But that is true only if your gunsmith knows what he is doing...

Slides: Caspian, STI, SVI, SPS
Barrels: Kart, Barsto, Schuemann, STI

okay, i'll push this a bit further. what's wrong with an .40 armscor slide and bull barrel? assuming it doesn't break in 500 rounds;Q

for an armscor, i was told that the firing group needs to be replaced, some gunsmithing here and there for reliability and cosmetics. this could probably end up at around 60k

in eyecutter's post last year, sps frame and slide, and schuemann barrel, ed brown parts and sti firing group would amount to 80k, its maybe 90k now.

assuming the armscor is fitted nicely, the only difference between these two options would be....pedigree?;Q

now all of a sudden we need dog city;f

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 06:14
yung isang kilala natin nakakuha ng extra sweet deal with a long dust cover SPS! 4 mags na, hulugan pa!!! ;Q

Meron pa ako alam nagbebenta ng SPS .40cal na long dust din. He got it last year for 100k but its hardly been used bec. the owner now uses 9mm in IPSC PD. 1 mag lang kasama. 85k gusto.

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 06:27
Originally posted by 9MX
okay, i'll push this a bit further. what's wrong with an .40 armscor slide and bull barrel? assuming it doesn't break in 500 rounds;Q

Wala! it's not the car, it's Michael Schumacher remember!?!

for an armscor, i was told that the firing group needs to be replaced, some gunsmithing here and there for reliability and cosmetics. this could probably end up at around 60k

kikil lang ni mc_o katapat n'yan!

in eyecutter's post last year, sps frame and slide, and schuemann barrel, ed brown parts and sti firing group would amount to 80k, its maybe 90k now.

wrong! standard parts, meaning a pistol with all SPS parts, you could probably still get it at 100k. if you want to use premium parts, e.g. STI, SVI, Ed Brown, Wilson, Afted, Koenig, C&S, EGW, etc. it's close to 120k already!

assuming the armscor is fitted nicely, the only difference between these two options would be....pedigree?;Q now all of a sudden we need dog city;f

hahaha!!! ;f;e Gusto mo ng patch ng dog city? hihingi nga ako kay dogman!

An option is to get an Armscor frame kit then build your pistol using all premium parts. You'll end up with a true custom built pistol to your specs! Mag-ipon ka ng piyesa tapos pabuo mo pag complete na! ANg mabigat dyan e yung gunsmithing fees which can run to 15-20k depending on who your smith is.

;e

bulm540
08-24-2004, 06:27
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Caspian has been around for quite sometime. It seems their quality has been consistent all the years kaya popular choice sya.

As for Schuemann, not sure where it started, baka sa SV dati. Anyway, Barsto maganda rin.

Kuha ka ng quality parts is never wrong. Problema lang kung duling nag fit ng parts mo. Kahit ano'ng ganda ng parts, pag mali fitting, hanggang display na lang talaga baril mo. ;);f
Scheumann used to work for NASA. He does a lot of R & D with his products. he is also the patent holder for the hybrid barrel. I agree, the parts should be fitted right.

9MX
08-24-2004, 06:54
Wala! it's not the car, it's Michael Schumacher remember!?!

oo nga pala ;f

wrong! standard parts, meaning a pistol with all SPS parts, you could probably still get it at 100k. if you want to use premium parts, e.g. STI, SVI, Ed Brown, Wilson, Afted, Koenig, C&S, EGW, etc. it's close to 120k already!

maybe i misunderstood your post(below)last year doc. being a 1911 dummy ;Q [/B]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eye Cutter

yup, same specs. i know that all hi-cap 1911 parts will fit in the sps. PB Dionisio is the philippine distributor. go straight to the PBD range in SFDM, QC and look for Edna, the range manager. The gunsmiths and gunsmithing there are very good. last time i checked, an sps will run you about 80k with full ed brown parts and sti firing group (trigger, hammer, sear and disconnector). this includes a schuemann barrel already. HTH.

hahaha!!! ;f;e Gusto mo ng patch ng dog city? hihingi nga ako kay dogman!

dogman pala ang alias ni joji ha! shooting dogstyle ;f

An option is to get an Armscor frame kit then build your pistol using all premium parts. You'll end up with a true custom built pistol to your specs! Mag-ipon ka ng piyesa tapos pabuo mo pag complete na! ANg mabigat dyan e yung gunsmithing fees which can run to 15-20k depending on who your smith is.

assuming 20k gunsmith+ 24k armscor + other parts hmmm...yaiks!
;e

Valor1
08-24-2004, 07:20
maiba lang po. may differences in terms of durability/quality ang STI at SPS frames? ty po.

ogiebb
08-24-2004, 07:32
i used a caspian slide on my next open gun because as long as you dont lower the ejection port and take out the logo they will replace them (especially in the .40).. i just trust their slides better than STI (ive seen some cracked ones before) as for schuemann barrels on ipsc he supports the sport heavily kaya marami din gumagamit ng products nya plus he tends to innovate new stuff which are good (AET)..for me nowlin and schuemann barrels are the best

casmot
08-24-2004, 09:09
;!

If I were to replace the barrel of a CZ85B, what would you suggest, aside from a CZ barrel? Would it still be IPSC and IDPA legal?

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 09:19
barsto lang yata gumagawa ng aftermarket barrel for the CZ.

it's not allowed in ipsc PD.
with the stock barrel, SSP or ESP. if you replace with an aftermarket barrel, ESP in idpa

9MX
08-24-2004, 10:12
Originally posted by casmot
;!

If I were to replace the barrel of a CZ85B, what would you suggest, aside from a CZ barrel? Would it still be IPSC and IDPA legal?

akala ko naman kung ano yung off topic^8 :)

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 18:46

yup, same specs. i know that all hi-cap 1911 parts will fit in the sps. PB Dionisio is the philippine distributor. go straight to the PBD range in SFDM, QC and look for Edna, the range manager. The gunsmiths and gunsmithing there are very good. last time i checked, an sps will run you about 80k with full ed brown parts and sti firing group (trigger, hammer, sear and disconnector). this includes a schuemann barrel already. HTH.

maybe i misunderstood your post last year doc. being a 1911 dummy

Ang bilis tumaas ng prices. They can give it at the old price if they still have stocks. Otherwise... alam mo ba na 3.5k na ang price ng CZ 9mm magazines?

9MX
08-24-2004, 19:57
Ang bilis tumaas ng prices. They can give it at the old price if they still have stocks. Otherwise... alam mo ba na 3.5k na ang price ng CZ 9mm magazines?

whattt! ulit uli........... WHATAWAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;P

the same mags that i bought from pbd when you were in the US of the A?

OMG !;g

ogiebb
08-24-2004, 19:59

Taragis na presyo yan !!!! ;P ;P ;P ;P

jasonub
08-24-2004, 20:24
i used to use barsto barrels exclusively since its very accurate and is the standard for barrels.

When i bought my svi it had a scheuman barrel installed, i thought what the heck and shot it as it is. surprise surprise same accuracy. 8,9 ring of a rifle target at 50 meters.

as for the difference in sps and sti, i think the sps cannot be sold in the usa since it had copied the stisvi product. dont know about the quality or durability though. further, they are pricing it the same as sti svi in the philippines. its a no brainer on which to buy. tried and tested or you get my point

Saruman
08-24-2004, 20:41
Originally posted by 9MX

abangan;z

sino yan??!!!;e ;e

Saruman
08-24-2004, 20:42
yung isang kilala natin nakakuha ng extra sweet deal with a long dust cover SPS! 4 mags na, hulugan pa!!! ;Q

Meron pa ako alam nagbebenta ng SPS .40cal na long dust din. He got it last year for 100k but its hardly been used bec. the owner now uses 9mm in IPSC PD. 1 mag lang kasama. 85k gusto.

doc, yung 85k kay dogman ba yon?? hehehehe

sino ang nakakuha ng sps na adik??:) :)

batangueno
08-24-2004, 22:05
Originally posted by Saruman
sino yan??!!!;e ;e
Kilala mo 'yan. Hindi nya nakuha CZ IPSC Standard mo kaya ayon SPS Standard na lang binili. ;f

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 22:30
yep, SPS ni dogman! Hindi halos nagamit.

yung bumili ng SPS isa na ring semi-taksil sa BoG!

i read in the BE forums that a European (French) shooter who uses an SVI changed the grips to an SPS bec. it was less expensive.

9MX
08-24-2004, 22:33
at favorite niya ang bakal...gets mo na? gets mo na? ahhhhhhhhhhh

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 22:33
raining cats and dogs since 3am and the metro's flooded! here's a pic of the flooded street outside our house. kawawa naman mayari ng mga cars parked outside!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/aagustin11563/100_1295.jpg

v1ct0r
08-24-2004, 22:35
raining cats and dogs since 3am and the metro's flooded! here's a pic of the flooded street outside our house. kawawa naman mayari ng mga cars parked outside!

Sir kotse ba yun? kmsta yung bahay nyo? ;P

mc_oliver
08-24-2004, 22:36
Originally posted by 9MX

Armscor barrels and slides by themselves are decent. Properly fitted, they can also deliver exceptional performance. However, if your round count is high or you're a top shooter shooting over 300 rounds a day, mag invest ka na dun sa medyo mahal pero magandang quality para alam mo na tatagal talaga baril mo. Besides, if you can afford to shoot that much, I think you can very well afford to buy top quality. ;)

Otherwise... alam mo ba na 3.5k na ang price ng CZ 9mm magazines?
Sus diosmiyo! Akala ko mahal na yung 1.3k ko na mecgar mags pang 1911.

mc_oliver
08-24-2004, 22:38

doc, 'di ko alam mey ilog pala dyan malapit sa bahay nyo? ;f

Eye Cutter
08-24-2004, 22:48
yep. We live in Talayan Village. Notorious for flooding bec. of the creek along Araneta Ave. and Dario River in SFDM. Lampas tao na nga. If you notice at the far end, the water's almost at the top of the fence. The submerged car is an old model Audi! Our street slopes up so the water has not reached us yet. Sa labas pa lang ng gate.

batangueno
08-24-2004, 23:51
Doc, dapat bumili ka na ng jetski.;f

casmot
08-25-2004, 00:08
yep. We live in Talayan Village. Notorious for flooding bec. of the creek along Araneta Ave. and Dario River in SFDM. Lampas tao na nga. If you notice at the far end, the water's almost at the top of the fence. The submerged car is an old model Audi! Our street slopes up so the water has not reached us yet. Sa labas pa lang ng gate.

Siguro dapat na maglagay na mga sandbag sa may gate ninyo para hindi pumasok ang tubig. Just like in the movies when they have to reinforce a dike. ;f ;e

Saruman
08-25-2004, 02:19
Kilala mo 'yan. Hindi nya nakuha CZ IPSC Standard mo kaya ayon SPS Standard na lang binili. ;f

nakausap ko na at di nakatiis.. umamin din.. hehehehe.. sabi ko ngayon pwede na kami swap.. kaso ako naman daw ang magdagdag.. sige na nga.. call!! 10k!!!;f ;f ;f

Saruman
08-25-2004, 02:20
yep, SPS ni dogman! Hindi halos nagamit.

ganda pa ba yon doc?? pwede rin kaya hulugan?? hehehehe.. swap kaya kami ng IPSC STD?? heheheh:) :)

JuDGe
08-25-2004, 02:28
Originally posted by Saruman
nakausap ko na at di nakatiis.. umamin din.. hehehehe.. sabi ko ngayon pwede na kami swap.. kaso ako naman daw ang magdagdag.. sige na nga.. call!! 100k!!!;f ;f ;f

CALL!!! ;f

;2 i am guilty as charged! ;U

anong magagawa ko.... ako'y tao lamang... mahina.... madaling bumigay! :drool:

;J ;J ;J ;J ;J

mc_oliver
08-25-2004, 02:35
uy, uy, uy...bago'ng toy, pa testing naman. Ano yan dre, katas ng reloading jobs? ;f;f

batangueno
08-25-2004, 02:40
We want pics. We want pics. We want pics. ;f

Saruman
08-25-2004, 02:42
Originally posted by JuDGe
CALL!!! ;f

;J ;J ;J ;J ;J

nag iba yata ang figures.. meron ba bug ang GT ngayon??;f ;f ;f

madali ka pala bumigay judge.. ilang pounds ba ang breakpoint mo.. hairline trigger ah!! konting kalabit pumuputok..;f ;f

JuDGe
08-25-2004, 02:50
mukhang kailangan ko ng magtaas ng charge sa reloading .... ;N

will try to get some pics tomorrow.... may papa-bago pa akong konti sa looks ng slide ;f

mabilis talaga akong pumutok! ;f ;f ;f

9MX
08-25-2004, 05:19
CALL!!! ;f

mukhang kailangan ko ng magtaas ng charge sa reloading ....

;J ;J ;J ;J ;J

adik! adik! adik!

hephep, wag ka magtataas ng reloading ha, ano yan pass-a-load? kumita na yan!
;f

batangueno
08-25-2004, 05:23
will try to get some pics tomorrow.... may papa-bago pa akong konti sa looks ng slide ;f
Ano, ipapatanggal mo yung pangalan na SPS...hehe;f

JuDGe
08-25-2004, 05:41
Sino nga ba mahusay mag-engrave ng lettering sa slide? ;f

On second thought, i'll just keep it plain and neat and with only a "liha" finish.... goes well with '" D' MANDIRIGMA" look! ;R

Di ba master eyecutter?! ;f

Eye Cutter
08-25-2004, 05:55
si Col. Bayang accdg to Mc_O.

Yung isang member ng Armscor nakakasama natin pag IDPA matches and Clubshoots has now a Para frame and Caspian slide! Maganda pagkaka-engrave.

Yung nag ko-chrome ng PB also does engravings.

9MX
08-25-2004, 09:10
si Col. Bayang accdg to Mc_O.

Yung isang member ng Armscor nakakasama natin pag IDPA matches and Clubshoots has now a Para frame and Caspian slide! Maganda pagkaka-engrave.

Yung nag ko-chrome ng PB also does engravings.

Si Rizal ata yan, Caspian Slide and Parang Ordinance courtesy of Col. Bayang. Nice pistol!

JuDGe
08-25-2004, 15:16
Doc, dapat bumili ka na ng jetski.;f

http://www.inq7.net/archive/2004/aug/26/zoom.jpg

Hindi si Doc Eyecutter 'yan ha! ;f

ogiebb
08-25-2004, 16:43

hu hu hu kawawa naman ang alma matter ko...lubog na naman ..sarap manligaw dati nung college pag na stranded kayo sa baha at mapilitan matulog sa mga building...;f ;f

mc_oliver
08-25-2004, 18:05
may papa-bago pa akong konti sa looks ng slide ;f

Dre, Col. bayang as has been recommended. However, 'di ko alam kung kaya na nya mag engrave ng "Glock" at logo sa gilid nyan. ;f;f

Eye Cutter
08-25-2004, 18:10
JuDGe: pwede rin pa blue mo na lang para tipid but iba tibay sa kalawang pag chrome

galeng ng jetsky sa espana! onli in da pilipins!

Saruman
08-25-2004, 18:10
WALA NA NAMAN PASOK GOBYERNO!!! TSK TSK TSK!! pano aasenso ang pilipinas???!!! di naman mga bata yang mga yan!!:soap: :soap: :soap:

i need to renew my drivers license.. when i got to the LTO office, nagpupusoy na ang mga tao at half day lang daw sila..

mc_oliver
08-25-2004, 18:28

Si Jim P. yata yan, yung RO. ;f

JuDGe
08-26-2004, 02:32
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02715.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02716.jpg

gunfool
08-26-2004, 02:35

Am pogi naman nito sir!

jasonub
08-26-2004, 02:38
and here is mine:)

mc_oliver
08-26-2004, 02:41
Naks, naka "racing tape" na ah. Re-texture agad ng grip at lagyan ng kulay. Soldering iron at automotive paint lang katapat nyan...;f;f hehe

JuDGe
08-26-2004, 02:49
Will see pa if the front of the slide could be modified to look something like this ;f

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Pic.jpg

Eye Cutter
08-26-2004, 04:00
Ayos na ayos!!!

di na kelangan i-texture ang grip meron naman 3M tape! saka, pag nasobrahan, lumalambot ang grip, ayaw mag drop-free nang magazine.

naka-chrome na pala ang slide. sayang naman kung papa-refinish mo ulit. ilaban mo muna ng ilaban, tapos pag na break-in na saka mo na lang i-refinish para masikip ulit.

mura yan sa presyo na binigay ni Ernie sa iyo! apat na mags kasama di ba? 4.5k ang isang magazine!

Eye Cutter
08-26-2004, 04:10
puro pala premium parts nakalagay! Murang mura yan!!! Jackpot!

Benta natin ng 100K??? Mabilis yan sa 100!!! $$$$ding, ding, ding, ding$$$$!!!!

JuDGe
08-26-2004, 05:25
Yup! 4 mags ang kasama, pero 16rounds pa lang ang kaya.

Ano bang kailangan para ma-maximize ko round capacity?

Eye Cutter
08-26-2004, 05:53
here's a link how Skywalker over at the BE forums do it.

Click here -> Mag Tuning (http://brianenos.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=5154&view=findpost&p=66402)

9MX
08-26-2004, 07:45
kagwapo naman niyan, ay paputok nga:cool:

ogiebb
08-26-2004, 11:43

ganda sir panalo!!!;)

JuDGe
08-26-2004, 18:26
Thanks for all your appreciation! ;f

Valor1
08-26-2004, 18:48
Judge,
That's one heck of a good-looking pistol. SPS parts ba yan lahat?

jasonub
08-26-2004, 20:04
Yup! 4 mags ang kasama, pero 16rounds pa lang ang kaya.

Ano bang kailangan para ma-maximize ko round capacity?

are you using 140 mm mags that have been cut to fit on the box or 126mm mags?

anyway for 124 sv mags add plus 1 basepad, gramms eng springs and followers or in my case sv followers and grams spring or ismi spring. grind the follower a little and you get 18 rounds.

I only have 2 18 round mags and only 1 of these is reloadable. i only use the 18 rounds at 16 round start stages.

good luck

batangueno
08-26-2004, 21:27
JuDGe, binyagan na 'yan sa bustos. ;f

JuDGe
08-26-2004, 21:37
jasonub: thanks for the info on the mags! ;f

valor1: sps slide, schuemann barrel, bomar sights, the rest are ed brown parts 'ata... yung trigger di ko alam eh, but i like it! ;f

cheers!

batangueno
08-26-2004, 21:39
Looks like an STI trigger.

Valor1
08-26-2004, 21:39
Judge,
What can I say? Ang ganda nyan! Okey ang combination ng parts. Congrats uli!

mc_oliver
08-26-2004, 21:41
... yung trigger di ko alam eh, but i like it! ;f

cheers!
STI gunsmith trigger yata yan. You can re-shape it or shorten it to fit your finger. Kaya ganyan ka kapal yung pad. ;)

JuDGe
08-26-2004, 21:50
JuDGe, binyagan na 'yan sa bustos. ;f

Anong Bustos?!..... idi-display ko lang yan sa tabi ng reloader ko! ;N

Ipa-practice ko muna..... baka pag-start at condition1.... mag-hammer down muna ako ng pistol (sanay sa she-say!).... ;f

Eye Cutter
08-26-2004, 22:17
Judge: STI gunsmith blank trigger. Kay Ernie ba yan originally?

JuDGe
08-26-2004, 22:32
Yup, kay Ernie.

Eye Cutter
09-01-2004, 06:41
judge: ask mo pala kay ernie sino ang gunsmith nagbuo ng sps mo!

doctabako
09-01-2004, 07:49
JuDGe, ganda nyan a!
We are now witnessing the evolution of the BoGs to BoCZ to BoSTI's/BoSV's/BoSPS' ;f

JuDGe
09-01-2004, 08:30
Thanks DocT! ;f

EyeCutter, its all Ernie's hands and skills. Ayos naman ang fit and reliability nung pistol and the trigger pull is very nice with very little creep.

Will see how the slide chroming and little tinkering on the front serrations turns-out after a week or so. :)

Hope I can get to shoot it either sa Aguinaldo or Armscor Level2. ;f

Cheers!

jasonub
09-01-2004, 20:29
Thanks DocT! ;f

EyeCutter, its all Ernie's hands and skills. Ayos naman ang fit and reliability nung pistol and the trigger pull is very nice with very little creep.

Creep very little? Mukhang hindi masyado nagamit. How many pounds trigger pull?

Hope I can get to shoot it either sa Aguinaldo or Armscor Level2. ;f

testing muna baka mag jam sa major match. Oliver is great in testing during matches

Cheers! ;f