Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse

younggenious
09-02-2004, 01:26
I read this book, and I know I'll read it again. This is an excellent book, and I recommend that everyone read it. I bought it from www.lifelibertyetc.com

"A fast-paced novel that follows a group of survivalists through a stock market crash, an economic collapse, and a second civil war. It is packed with useful information on how to survive a disaster."

Trust me, you should get it ;)

Dandapani
09-02-2004, 06:59
Originally posted by younggenious
and a second civil war.

who are the two sides of the civil war?

rural vs city

libs vs cons

dems vs repubs

gun vs no-gun :)

younggenious
09-02-2004, 15:30
That's why you read the book ;)

I'll just tell you this...

everything in the book is very realistic and could very well happen today. It's a goldmine of information.

Cali-Glock
09-03-2004, 08:58
Awesome book; anyway you analyze it. He knows his guns too – plenty of realistic firearms action. I have read three versions of this book. I think so much of this book, I purchased quite a few copies, and gave them away for Christmas some years ago.

The "final" published version "Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse" is the best version, though it does lack the appendix. The earlier internet versions (which no longer exist unless you own one) had a WONDERFUL and extensive appendix of resources, and references to survivalist, gun, and other resources referenced, or used in the book. You can go to the author’s website here: http://www.rawles.to/patriots.htm

J.B. McQ
09-06-2004, 19:41
The gun show book dealer i bought my copy from said it was a survival manual disguised as a novel. In some respects I agree.

Texas T
09-06-2004, 21:09
Originally posted by younggenious
Trust me, you should get it ;) I ordered it tonight; I hope you're correct. ;)

Wulfenite
09-06-2004, 22:55
Some of the ideas are interesting and individual pieces of the story seemed "realistic", but the entire arc of the story was a little too fanciful for somthing that's a cautionary tale.

KHAviator
09-23-2004, 21:44
I read the internet version and it smacked of space capsule thinking IMO.