Funshoots and Matches Thread September 2004 [Archive] - Page 2 - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Funshoots and Matches Thread September 2004

Pages : 1 [2]

Allegra
09-19-2004, 03:35
Originally posted by 9MX
allegra,

you hit it right on the dot. aside from my grip,i realized that my eyes are not that quick in reading the sights. hence, since i programmed myself to pull the trigger once i get visual confirmation, i am not able to shoot as fast as the top shooters like Doc TSMBRO;f . winning is sweet, no arguments on that. but i accept i'm not yet there, so i've decided to set manageable goals, learn more and enjoy the journey. after all, Rome wasn't built in one day :cool:

ika nga ni maverick sa top gun, iirc "I'll fire when I'm goddam ready...";e ;z

Visualize the sights lifting off the A's
your utak works better if it sees what you want than if you tell it what you want
Profound! hehe

mc_oliver
09-19-2004, 03:41
Originally posted by julianz
doc i hope they dont, thats my next project HS2000 nga lang in 40.
Standard pasok mo dre. Okay yan. :)

It's when you spend all night lookin for it thats the problem hehehe
Yep. Nakakapagod maghanap. ;f;f hehe

but i accept i'm not yet there, so i've decided to set manageable goals, learn more and enjoy the journey.
Bilisan mo na yung dot drill dre. ;)

9MX
09-19-2004, 04:59
Originally posted by Allegra
Visualize the sights lifting off the A's
your utak works better if it sees what you want than if you tell it what you want
Profound! hehe

agree! i think this is the process of which the shooter synchronizes with his pistola;z

Eye Cutter
09-19-2004, 05:18
O, page 11 na ito, dun na natin sa kabila ituloy!

fafa,

bakit ka naghahanap? kusang dumarating at pumipila sila, hindi ba!?! hahahaha!!!

;e

New_comer
09-19-2004, 20:08
Originally posted by doctabako
I think the XD isn't legal for production because of its essentially single action trigger:) however, I've seen some shooters here using it for production but the R.O.'s here don't seem to notice. docT,

If that's the case, di na rin pwede ang Glock. Pleho lang kasing Safe-Action ang trigger design nila, di ba?

mc_oliver
09-19-2004, 20:25
Originally posted by New_comer
docT,

If that's the case, di na rin pwede ang Glock. Pleho lang kasing Safe-Action ang trigger design nila, di ba?
Nope. Safe Action is a glock trademark to differentiate their trigger designs. It's classified as having a two-stage trigger. Unfortunately for XD, they correctly marketed their triggers as "single action." Which, when it was scrutinized, actually consists of only a single action. ;)

doctabako
09-19-2004, 22:53
It is a matter of semantics as trigger actons have evolved so the line between trigger classifications has been blurred. There's an interesting article defending the XD's trigger here (http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/xddasa.htm). But the bottom line is that its not included in the list of guns approved by the IPSC for Production division (http://www.ipsc.org/proddiv.php) so no go.:)

julianz
09-20-2004, 05:18
i manage to hold an xd/hs last gun-show rack the slide pulled the trigger(unloaded by the way)its so smooth and light and fits my puny hands even my wife liked it siguro naman in the long run there will be influx of parts and accessories pag sumikat na talaga sa pinas.

but from what i can understand below di pwede pang ipsc

14. I own a Springfield Armory XD-40. Is it approved for Production Division?

No. Although the Springfield Armory XD Series and Glock pistols are both striker-fired, they operate differently.

With a Glock, the striker is partially cocked after a round is chambered, and operation of the trigger causes the striker to retract to the "full-cock" position first before moving forward, and under IPSC definitions this is classified as "double-action".

With the XD Series, after a round is chambered the striker is fully cocked, and operation of the trigger just causes the striker to move forward, and under IPSC definitions this is classified as "single-action".

Single-action pistols are prohibited under IPSC Production Division rules.

this is from DOCT ref. site by the way..

Eye Cutter
09-20-2004, 08:28
Yung HS200/XD, sa Production Division hindi pwede. If you use it and declare mo sa PD ka, you'll end up in Open division.

Sa Standard division pwede. But if you use the 9mm model, minor scoring ka, kung yung .40cal naman, lugi ka sa mag capacity. I don't think the XD/HS will ever be as popular as the glock here in RP.

Get a 1911 format pistol for your next pistol. Single stack (.45cal)or Hi-cap (.40cal)! But the SS fits small hands better. You'll not regret it.

;e

julianz
09-21-2004, 02:16
thanks doc.

New_comer
09-21-2004, 03:36
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Yung HS200/XD, sa Production Division hindi pwede. If you use it and declare mo sa PD ka, you'll end up in Open division.

Sa Standard division pwede. But if you use the 9mm model, minor scoring ka, kung yung .40cal naman, lugi ka sa mag capacity. I don't think the XD/HS will ever be as popular as the glock here in RP.

Get a 1911 format pistol for your next pistol. Single stack (.45cal)or Hi-cap (.40cal)! But the SS fits small hands better. You'll not regret it.

;e Ilan ba mag cap ng .40 nila? Sa Armscor 1911, alam ko 15+1. Sa int'l comp, wala pa rin palang nagamit ng HS sa STD div'n. Type ko pa naman... ;g

Eye Cutter
09-21-2004, 05:36
Don't let it stop you from buying one. It is actually a very good pistol. I've shot it and I shoot it better than a Glock bec. of the different balance. The trigger pull is very good. Personal preference and opinion ko lang yun.

12rds lang capacity ng HS2000 na .40 cal. Parang yung CZ-75B (not the CZ-75B IPSC model) na .40cal. Add ka ng +2 basepads plus tinker with the follower, 15+1 lang siguro kasya.

Yung mga naka single stack and hi-cap .45 nga competitive sa ipsc e.

again, it's not the car... it's not the racket...

;e

New_comer
09-21-2004, 21:55
Thanks, doc ^c

Hirap talaga gumawa ng dahilan para makabili uli ng isa pa... ;J ;K

Vault Keeper
09-22-2004, 03:33
Originally posted by New_comer
Thanks, doc ^c

Hirap talaga gumawa ng dahilan para makabili uli ng isa pa... ;J ;K

I remember the warning of the wife..."pag bumili ka pa ng isa pang baril, wag ka ng magpakita sa akin...!";P

Natutu tuloy akong magtago sa kanya...;f

julianz
09-22-2004, 04:45
eto naman version ng asawa ko ..sige ipang bayad natin sa house and lot ang baril mo at ilaga natin bala mo for breakfast..pero pag nasa range ako mas nauna pa sa aking mag load ng rounds sa Mags sabay sabi..pasubok nga kung kaya ko poppers ..

bagito
09-22-2004, 04:57
version ni esmi.dati gusto niya ng bagong carry gun dahil di raw safe pag nagda-drive mag-isa kaya tanong ako sa forum kung anong ladies gun ang the best, ngayon iba na, mas safe daw pag bagong kotse ida-drive nya.;z ;z

Vault Keeper
09-22-2004, 19:15
eto naman version ng asawa ko ..sige ipang bayad natin sa house and lot ang baril mo at ilaga natin bala mo for breakfast..pero pag nasa range ako mas nauna pa sa aking mag load ng rounds sa Mags sabay sabi..pasubok nga kung kaya ko poppers ..

Originally posted by bagito
version ni esmi.dati gusto niya ng bagong carry gun dahil di raw safe pag nagda-drive mag-isa kaya tanong ako sa forum kung anong ladies gun ang the best, ngayon iba na, mas safe daw pag bagong kotse ida-drive nya.;z ;z

Imagine how they can think and come up with excuses...;) Problem is I can't my wife to even try shooting;f Before we got married, I thought she would be comfortable with guns because her dad just put his HP Browning in the night stand, without locks;P

Eye Cutter
01-26-2006, 04:24
;d