OT... Sony Videocams... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT... Sony Videocams...

v1ct0r
09-04-2004, 17:16
I'm sure you've already seen yung sale sa mga sony videocams...
Ang laki ng discount! 12 months 0% interest pa! has Anybody bought one already? Pa share naman sir ng feedback sa model na nabili nyo...

horge
09-04-2004, 17:28
We bought the HC30 (Mini DV format).
Just under 40K with a few freebies thrown in.
Another 2 plus for extended warranty

The even lower-end HC15 and HC20 didn't cut it: no AV-IN to allow digital transfer of old VHS and other video. Most of the controls are via touch-screen, so it can take some getting used to. The still-photo function is strictly amateur-hour, though we have digital still cameras to take care of that.

Good zoom, pretty crisp video and audio. The color's a litle wide-eyed, but I haven't fiddled with al the settings: the LCD touch screen menu (again) can take a few days to get accustomed to. The thing is smaller and lighter than a quick fondlng at the display counter would suggest, though if you spring the 4K or so for longer life batteries, you double the weight.

As lightly-constructed as it is, I don't think this thing will last 5 years before something breaks (either the LCD screen or the tape-loading mech), but that's aready a pretty good deal, and a new media standard will likely be in place by that time.

hth
horge

PS: I'm not sure this is a 'sale'. I think prices have simply gone down, to compensate for anticipated demand for those mini-DVD cameras, or to better spur cash-strapped Pinoys to buy their merch.

v1ct0r
09-04-2004, 18:06
Sir horge i was actually eyeing for the HC30. Buti nalang yung binili nyo may makukulit ako... Kung ok lang sir... ;f

Last i checked 35K yung HC30, HC20 21+K, and HC15 18+K.

Sir the quality ng still pictures ng HC30? From the specs parang 3650 lang ata?

Have you tried it using as a webcam? The lower models as far as i have read hindi ata pede as webcam, please correct me if i'm wrong.

horge
09-04-2004, 18:15
I've yet to be knighted, hehe...
and sorry, my mistake on the price.
P34,995 plus extended warranty and stuff brings it to
just under 40....my bad.

The still photos are comparable to a sub-1Mpixel camera,
and there's certainly no flash --there's an accessory
shoe on top of the camera for attaching lights and other
widgets. I haven't used it as a webcam, since the role
has already been taken by a cheap P900.00 purchase from
two years ago, hehe.

I'm all-in-all rather pleased with the HC30.
However, since this was an upgrade from an 7-year old
Sony TR330 Video8, it'd have been hard not to be pleased.

;)

Eye Cutter
09-04-2004, 18:43
i've been wanting to get a digital videocam also but can't decide on what model or format. i don't want a sony bec. of reliability issues.

i'd rather get a jvc or panasonic but not a sony. lahat ng sony appliances ko nasira na! yung mga jvc (more than 5 yrs) namin hanggang ngayon walang problema.

what is the preferred format now? dv, digital 8, etc. out of the loop kasi ako sa topic na ito.

thanks for the info!

v1ct0r
09-04-2004, 20:24
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
i've been wanting to get a digital videocam also but can't decide on what model or format. i don't want a sony bec. of reliability issues.

i'd rather get a jvc or panasonic but not a sony. lahat ng sony appliances ko nasira na! yung mga jvc (more than 5 yrs) namin hanggang ngayon walang problema.

what is the preferred format now? dv, digital 8, etc. out of the loop kasi ako sa topic na ito.

thanks for the info!

http://www.camcorderinfo.com
http://www.eco.utexas.edu/faculty/Norman/ECO361N.Daily/Video.Editing/article.htm

Sir check out this websites, hope they can help you out...

:)

paltic
09-04-2004, 20:35
saan po yung sale? meron po ba tripods? pls. share some details. tnx po.;e

v1ct0r
09-04-2004, 20:42
Originally posted by paltic
saan po yung sale? meron po ba tripods? pls. share some details. tnx po.;e

According to horge di daw po ata sale, anyway check Abenson's, AV Surfer, etc. Been around to different malls same lang price nila. Sa Abenson's hindi po kasama yung tripod, goes around 1K to 2k for the tripod. Don't know kung yung kay sir horge kung kasama tripod sa deal nya... :cool:

mc_oliver
09-04-2004, 22:25
Mini-DV na in ngayon doc. Pero I second the recommenation na get a model with the video-in & recorder options. That way kung meron ka na, subukan ko bumuo ng wireless mini-cam na nakalagay sa ear muffs, ala hosercam. 'Di ko kasi na-forsee yung requirement na 'to when I bought my JVC several years back. :)

v1ct0r
09-04-2004, 23:13
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Mini-DV na in ngayon doc. Pero I second the recommenation na get a model with the video-in & recorder options. That way kung meron ka na, subukan ko bumuo ng wireless mini-cam na nakalagay sa ear muffs, ala hosercam. 'Di ko kasi na-forsee yung requirement na 'to when I bought my JVC several years back. :)

Anong model jvc nyo sir? mas maganda ba yung jvc nyo sa mga sony?

mc_oliver
09-04-2004, 23:30
Originally posted by v1ct0r
Anong model jvc nyo sir? mas maganda ba yung jvc nyo sa mga sony?
It's a GR-DVL520U. At that time it was better than the sony models in its class/price range. It had a higher cam res of 1 megapix (with SD/MMC card saving) na at 520 lines of resolution (forgot what it does, but the higher the number the better the video quality). Relatively smaller din yung package nya. But the price of the batt (I recently found out) is a biyetch sa mahal!

Ngayon, ang dami na mapag-pili-an and the packages are even smaller. Between sony and jvc in general, I think pare-pareho lang.

I suggest you decide which model to get. Tapos i-google mo for user feedbacks. That's what I did when I recently bought a digicam. Sa sobrang dami at iba-ibang options, minsan batt life na lang nagkaka-iba. ;)

Eye Cutter
09-05-2004, 00:00
features, color, resolution, accessories, models, technology, popularity - sony talaga!

durability, owner's overall satisfaction - jvc, panasonic, sharp

Personal experience ko ito sa mga sony products. Ang nakakaasar kasi sa sony, pag nasira, ang mahal ng parts and labor. dami pang instances na basta di na lang gagana! the others also conk-out but at a rate at least 1/5th of the time a sony appliance!

victor: so before you decide, check out the competition!

9MX
09-05-2004, 05:13
features, color, resolution, accessories, models, technology, popularity - sony talaga!

Personal experience ko ito sa mga sony products. Ang nakakaasar kasi sa sony, pag nasira, ang mahal ng parts and labor. dami pang instances na basta di na lang gagana! the others also conk-out but at a rate at least 1/5th of the time a sony appliance!

to me sony has a good track record.

doc,

get a model using mini dv format and firewire interface. what is the edge of sony vs. the others? its the carl zeiss lens;)

batangueno
09-05-2004, 20:04
Galing ng timing ah. I just bought a Sony HC40 and will get it this weekend. I've done a lot of research thru the net and it came down to the Sony HC40 versus the Panasonic GS120, that's based on my budget. The website menitioned by v1ct0r, www.camcorderinfo.com made my decision. The HC40 did have a bad review on that site but just read thru the member reviews. :)

ppts799
09-05-2004, 20:30
i saw some reviews sa panasonic, almost all models have this hissing sound DAW(don't know if during recording or playback).

v1ct0r
09-05-2004, 21:52

Noted sir! ;f

I've narrowed my choices down to the Sony HC30,JVC GR-DX77 and JVC GR-DX77. Mas mababa presyo ng JVC pro d pa ko nakakita personally... ;g . May alam po ba kayong stores?

v1ct0r
09-05-2004, 21:56
Originally posted by batangueno
Galing ng timing ah. I just bought a Sony HC40 and will get it this weekend. I've done a lot of research thru the net and it came down to the Sony HC40 versus the Panasonic GS120, that's based on my budget. The website menitioned by v1ct0r, www.camcorderinfo.com made my decision. The HC40 did have a bad review on that site but just read thru the member reviews. :)

Nagtingin po ba kayo ng mga jvc? :)

v1ct0r
09-05-2004, 22:05
Originally posted by ppts799
i saw some reviews sa panasonic, almost all models have this hissing sound DAW(don't know if during recording or playback).

Actually halos lahat sir ata ng camcorders karaniwan problem yan. Tape noise (high pitched noise) which get recorded onto the tape when recording in a quiet environment. Mostly yung cameras na internal yung mic, kaya pati ingay nung cam narerecord ;g ... Advise nila to minimize the noise is to use an external mic.

Pm'd sir horge about it on his HC30, how about you're HC40 sir batangueno napansin mo na ba ito? Request lang po kung pede kayo mag post ng still picture ng HC40 nyo?

TIA :cool:

Eye Cutter
09-05-2004, 23:42
batangueno: tamang-tama yang binili mo! subukan na natin sa laban this weekend! hahaha!!!

batangueno
09-06-2004, 01:31
batangueno: tamang-tama yang binili mo! subukan na natin sa laban this weekend! hahaha!!! Hindi ko pa makukuha sa Friday. Dadalhin ko next week sa Armscor level2. :)

batangueno
09-06-2004, 01:32
Nagtingin po ba kayo ng mga jvc? :) Sorry hindi ko kasi napansin yung JVC. Kadalasan kasi yung Panasonic at Sony ang nasa taas ng mga videocam reviews.

mc_oliver
09-06-2004, 02:44
Ayan, tama'ng-tama marami na tayo mey vidcam. Pede na tayo mag multi-angle shots sa stages. :)

batangueno
09-06-2004, 03:05
Ayan, tama'ng-tama marami na tayo mey vidcam. Pede na tayo mag multi-angle shots sa stages. :) Sayo yung uprange shot ha tapos sa akin yung down range...hehe;f

horge
09-06-2004, 19:04
V1ctor

Nampucha naman, o... ;f

It took me awhile, but here are stills from the HC30 (still photo mode) ---you'll have to go to this webpage, my usual image host is being a jack*ss today.

http://www.geocities.com/bersa_thunder/hc30_v1ctor.html

Obviously, I chose situations that were hard on the camera, ne'ertheless, the little wretch was able to obtain an image of the cartridge even with less light than desired, and was still able to pick up some foreground features even against strong backlighting.

Apparently, hanggang 640x480 resolution lang ang hanep, so for casual use, I guess it's okay na rin.

hth

horge
09-06-2004, 19:36
Regarding a faint hissing noise on recorded video....
As already mentioned, this problem is said to affect a lot of affordable mini-DV camcorders from many manufacturers.

Yes, it's there on the HC30, but you'll only notice it if you've been shooting a silent environment, and then on plyback, you jack up the volume. In most recording environments, there's sufficient ambient sound/noise camouflages the camera's subtle mechanical hissing.

hth

mc_oliver
09-06-2004, 20:53
Originally posted by batangueno
Sayo yung uprange shot ha tapos sa akin yung down range...hehe;f
Hehe, ginagawa ko na yan. Mas kinakabahan pa yung mga RO's eh..;f

mc_oliver
09-07-2004, 02:33
Hey, you guys might want to enrol in this free online course for video Editing. ;)

Video Editing Course (http://courses.help.com/courses/overview.jsp?courseId=1502)

krinkov
09-07-2004, 06:03
ironically, i don't own a videocam--digital or analog! maybe i'm in the wrong racket since i don't make enough doing what i do. sh-T! to all you BOGS who do, Congrats and enjoy your home movies! look me up when there's anything you can't get your camera to do. i'll be more than happy to shoot your rated-R flicks! hehehehhahahahahah;N!

Eye Cutter
09-07-2004, 06:10
da best yung video na ginawa natin sa banyo ng PB!

New_comer
09-07-2004, 07:11
Pahabol na lang...

Nakakuha ako ng Samsung SCD34, ginamit ko nung graduation ng mga bata last March. Doon sa local PC magazine, naka 4 0f 5 stars sya sa review. Wala ka pang makikitang review sa web kahit saan, bago lang na labas kasi e.

Bale pinagpilian ko sya saka yung Sony. but at 7K less at the time, 42K yung HCD20, 35k yung kuha ko, me firewire na sya, 0.6MP cam shots, MPEG4, usb, 10 x, nite lite, slow shutter, svcd in, at sa tingin kong best feature, top loading yung mini dv tape. Pag naka tripod kasi palagi, di na kailangan tanggalin yung camera para magload lang ng bagong tape.

Ang masama, after 2 months, bumaba sa 30K. Naglabas na kaagad ng bagong modelo, bottom loading pero 18x ang zoom! ;P

Haay... pag techno talaga, patapon lang ang pera mo... ;g

v1ct0r
09-07-2004, 19:00
Originally posted by horge
V1ctor

Nampucha naman, o... ;f

It took me awhile, but here are stills from the HC30 (still photo mode) ---you'll have to go to this webpage, my usual image host is being a jack*ss today.

http://www.geocities.com/bersa_thunder/hc30_v1ctor.html

Obviously, I chose situations that were hard on the camera, ne'ertheless, the little wretch was able to obtain an image of the cartridge even with less light than desired, and was still able to pick up some foreground features even against strong backlighting.

Apparently, hanggang 640x480 resolution lang ang hanep, so for casual use, I guess it's okay na rin.

hth

Thank you sir... Ok na ok na nga.

^c

v1ct0r
09-07-2004, 19:02
Hehe, ginagawa ko na yan. Mas kinakabahan pa yung mga RO's eh..;f
;z

mc_oliver
09-07-2004, 19:43
Regarding zoom fucntions ng cams (video or still), the only practical and useable zoom is the optical zoom. Some dealers highlight the max digital zoom para kunyari powerful yung optics. Digital zoom is pointless, unless you want a really blurry effect. ;)

New_comer
09-08-2004, 00:02
Regarding zoom fucntions ng cams (video or still), the only practical and useable zoom is the optical zoom. Some dealers highlight the max digital zoom para kunyari powerful yung optics. Digital zoom is pointless, unless you want a really blurry effect. ;) Yun na nga e... Optical zoom yun, kaya nakakahinayang. Total nila mga 400 - 800x digi-opti zoom kung combo.

Pero me nakita kong 20x optical sa panasonic. Mga 35T din ang price nya. Yung mga Canon naman, sobra kung magpresyo, nasa 40-50T agad.

So far, oks pa naman yung Samsung. Nagagamit kong VCR sa TV shows >90mins long. Tapos i-burn agad sa CD para magamit uli yung tape.

v1ct0r
09-08-2004, 00:24
Originally posted by New_comer
Pahabol na lang...

Nakakuha ako ng Samsung SCD34, ginamit ko nung graduation ng mga bata last March. Doon sa local PC magazine, naka 4 0f 5 stars sya sa review. Wala ka pang makikitang review sa web kahit saan, bago lang na labas kasi e.

Bale pinagpilian ko sya saka yung Sony. but at 7K less at the time, 42K yung HCD20, 35k yung kuha ko, me firewire na sya, 0.6MP cam shots, MPEG4, usb, 10 x, nite lite, slow shutter, svcd in, at sa tingin kong best feature, top loading yung mini dv tape. Pag naka tripod kasi palagi, di na kailangan tanggalin yung camera para magload lang ng bagong tape.

Ang masama, after 2 months, bumaba sa 30K. Naglabas na kaagad ng bagong modelo, bottom loading pero 18x ang zoom! ;P

Haay... pag techno talaga, patapon lang ang pera mo... ;g

;P layo palang ng dating price ngayn sir 21+K nalang yung HC20...

New_comer
09-08-2004, 02:31
;P layo palang ng dating price ngayn sir 21+K nalang yung HC20... Aray ko... Wag mo na ipaalala ;g

mc_oliver
09-08-2004, 02:58
Btw, any of you guys know magkano price ngayon ng Sony TRV33 or TRV22? Thanks.

9MX
09-08-2004, 04:55
Btw, any of you guys know magkano price ngayon ng Sony TRV33 or TRV22? Thanks.

TRV 33 should be in the 30-35k range in hidalgo, quiapo. i think its phased out already in the malls

v1ct0r
03-02-2005, 18:08
Up ko lang ulit sir. San ba yung hidalgo?

Alam ko pong puntahan yung quipo, raon carriedo...

Bibili sana ako ng battery para sa HC-30 ko, mura ba dun?

JuDGe
03-02-2005, 18:10
http://www.themassif.com/img/hidalgo_map_medium.gif

v1ct0r
03-02-2005, 19:44
Originally posted by JuDGe
http://www.themassif.com/img/hidalgo_map_medium.gif

Thank you sir!

katabi lang pala ng carriedo ;g ....

asintaderoche
03-02-2005, 23:09
i have a panasonic psg15 24x optical zoom at 800x digital zoom sa camcorderinfo ko rin nakuha ang review, naiskor ko sa 6th avenue $495, may tunog nga galing sa hangin, masyadong sensitive ang microphone, yung magic pix na parang night shot ng sony, de maganda. pero may backlight effect na mas maganda sa sony pang dimmer light use. 24x zoom is too much kailangan naka tripod or mono pod ka na, shaky masyado, pero ok sa beach. ayos din na web camera. all in all ok , kaya lang palaos na mini dv, kaya mini dvd na susunod na purchase ko try ko naman jvc.

kristiansen
03-03-2005, 08:32
daddy mcO: I have a TRV310 (made in japan)bought in singapore.it has a 20x zoom.type mo hehe

guys: do you know any model/brand that goes 30x-40x optical zoom(not digital zoom).this will be used for my birdwatching activities.kita ko yung ibon sa binocs but parang langgam na lang sa videocam hehe.salamat po.saw canon's new pro cam at $2000! ang bigat na ng presyo,mabigat pang bitbitin!cheers!

krinkov: what do you guys use? este,office use pala? yun tipong pang national geographic baga.;f