Why so many CHEATERS? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why so many CHEATERS?

Brasso
09-07-2004, 17:06
Why do so many online players cheat? It seems to be more prevelant with the younger players, but it's out of control. I can't even enjoy myself anymore for all the cheating going on. And if it's not cheating it's manipulating the software in a way that it wasn't intended. It's like these people feel like their life's worth is in how good they appear to be to other players, even when it' blatant cheating. I think some of them are all cheating and know each other are cheating but still try and tell others that "that guy is really good" so they don't have to admit that they themselves are cheating. I don't know, maybe they actually believe it. It's so pathetic. I wish they would grow up. Maybe I'm just too old to understand the "need to cheat" mindset.

chevrofreak
09-07-2004, 17:18
It severely pisses me off as well. I dont see how these people can enjoy being asshats.

TheSniper
09-07-2004, 21:38
I agree,thats why I try to stick to single player games or squad based/group games. As long as I know they arent cheating I dont mind getting my ass slaughtered as much;f ;c

MrMurphy
09-08-2004, 07:36
It's called theyreallysuckitis..... they think they can appear better.

Punkbuster and good moderators generally get rid of them when I play Call Of Duty.

d0truji
09-08-2004, 07:40

Alex_Knight
09-08-2004, 12:29
Ditto all the above.

Evidently in Joint Operations, there's a new Auto-Aim bot now. Although some of the Mods are fairly good at booting these characters. It still takes the fun out of playing.

Brasso
09-08-2004, 15:44
I like to play Delta Force, even though it's old. Besides the blatant cheaters, so many people manipulate the software in such a way that it becomes stupid. These people actually remap their keyboard to get their characters to do things that were never intended. It really ruins the game.

Squid.HM2
09-08-2004, 18:53
Between the Aimbots and Wallhacks CoD is begining to really sux,and all i can say is i Hate bunnie hoppers too.Try that in RL and see what happens :)

Tvov
09-11-2004, 07:39
Some people really feel a need to rack up a "kill" score. A few times I have been in a position to do that, and I found it gets boring quick. I usually break off and do something else. I think it definitely is younger players. I also sometimes will change sides, if one side is being overwhelmed, to the side being beaten.
This is why I prefer capture-the-flag, or objective, games. It gives you a reason to be playing, as opposed to just slaying everything around you.

I've dropped out of games a lot, because of "hacks" but also sometimes the language gets tiresome. I'm no choir boy, but when all you read are a string of swears, it's times to move on.

MrMurphy
09-11-2004, 09:51
Brasso, what do they do when they remap their keyboards?

I play team deathmatch so it's not just a plain slaughter, but I also play CTF etc.

Star Wars Battlefront (comes out Sep.21) looks inteerrrrrrrresting. Kind of liked a souped-up BF1942, in the Star Wars universe. Better though. Mostly CTF type stuff, so it's not just a slaughter.

Call of Duty has eliminated most of the bunnyhopping, which helps, though last night I was on a rifle only forum and there were eight guys (five enemy 2 friendly and me) with bolt actions stuck in a little courtyard, everyone was firing from the hip with bolt guns running in circles trying not to get shot so I just dove in and started buttstroking people.. buttstroked three of them, one of my guys shot someone else and myself and another guy whacked the last one.

I couldn't believe nobody hit me in all of that.

tgtshuter
09-11-2004, 13:34
Hey, what's "bunny-hopping"? Haven't heard that term used before, but I'm a newbie...err, noob! ;g

MrMurphy
09-11-2004, 14:38
Guys that go hop hop hop hop to try to avoid being hit, as opposed to hop-and-dive for cover or hop over an obstacle.

A large amount of full auto fire, or a well aimed shot or two terminates a bunnyhopping career but some still try.

Tvov
09-11-2004, 15:09
It looks silly when guys do it. I don't, besides the look of it, it also throws off your aim. It seems that when people start out (newbie), they don't do it. Then they see some doing it, so they start. Then, when they become good, they usually stop. But not always.

DigitalRaptor
09-11-2004, 15:31
You guys should try Red Orchestra, a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. It's a WW2 Mod with Russians vs. Nazis and pretty damn ralistic. Some of the finer points are:

NO crosshair. You have to swing the weapon up and use the iron sights, which have a slight wobble in the standing and kneeling positions.

MG's have to be deployed instead of shot from the hip Rambo style. They are not the uber accurate buzz-saws like they are in other games so 8 round bursts are the order of the day.

You have to sprint manually and when you do, the rifle is across your chest like it really would be so you cant shoot like that.(Counter-strikers hate this one.)

Levels are a good mix of urban and open terrain. The bombed out cities are insane, with hundreds of potential hiding places.

Real-time voice communication. This is a great feature, as it allows for coordinated on the fly tactics.

Capturing objectives are not done with an arbitrary flag, you have to capture a zone so to speak. If you want to capture the apartments in Berlin, you have to hold the postion and have more than one man holding.

It has a small but fairly knowledgeable community. I think most of the players are older so it brings more of a maturity level to the game.

If you get hit in the head or Torso you are finished and a new thing they added was that you can actually get you weapon shot out of your hands, as if you were hit in the hand or arm and dropped it.

The only drawback to the game is that you have to buy UT2K4 to play it.

MrMurphy
09-11-2004, 17:36
Call of Duty: very realistic, you can't shoot and sprint at the same time. You have to use the iron sights (some servers have a crosshair, others don't). Shooting a BAR full auto offhand is hard to hit anything, if you kneel/prone, you rule the battlefield on short burst and single shot.

Damage is zoned, i.e if your legs are sticking out and a grenade goes off, you're dead or close to it.

No realtime voice but the expansion pack coming out supposedly fixes that, along with some other things.

Some mods have "shock" your hearing goes funky and vision blurs (see Saving Private Ryan, it happens to Tom Hanks a couple times) for some seconds, and weapons can be shot out of your hands.

David_G17
09-11-2004, 20:45
if we want to make the games more realistic, why do they allow you to repawn?

Brasso
09-12-2004, 16:39
In delta force people reassign the key postions so that one key will simultaneously act as if you're using the "r,p,j" keys all three at the same time, which makes you bounce up and down like a rabbit on crack, and near impossible to hit. I consider that cheating, even though no actual "cheat" software has been added because it's not what the game was desinged to do. People will also do prone jumping, again manipulating the keys in such a way as to do it on the run, which again circumvents the way the game is supposed to be played. Some things are not meant to be jumped and people have found a way around it. Some people just suck all the fun out of a game in some need to be "better".

The respawn thing is bad in delta force, as you immediately respawn. What's even worse is that you are invincible for a few seconds, guaranteeing that you will kill whoever just killed you just before they can score. It's stupid. Half Life has the right idea with once you're dead, your dead for the entire round.

TomSplasky
09-15-2004, 14:50
First off, let me state that I do NOT cheat in non-cheat servers. I do however, know the mindset of a cheater.

There are three types of cheats:

People who discreetly cheat, trying to make them seem better. AKA they suck.

People who "hardcore" cheat, hence they go around the server knifing people at 1000000 Miles Per Hour.

People who cheat in cheat-only servers.

People that hardcore cheat do NOT cheat to make them seem better. They cheat to piss YOU off. And by the looks of things it's working. They find it funny, the gaming term is "Raging". I personally don't put up with cheaters in game, I just leave.

Mathew
09-15-2004, 14:58
Go onine and find people of your age and interest in games. You can group up with some freinds online, rent or run a server and never worry about cheaters again. Cheaters move from server to server as they get caught, You'll find the servers with the same people on everynight are friends and don't cheat. Good admins play or spectate when the server is up and ban these people. Look around, you can find what you are looking for.

grenadier
09-22-2004, 12:16
Originally posted by tgtshuter
Hey, what's "bunny-hopping"? Haven't heard that term used before, but I'm a newbie...err, noob! ;g

Basically, it's an exploit in the engine used by Half-Life, where you use a combination of strafing and jumping to attain up to 170% of the class' speed.

In TFC, before the 1.6 patches, some folks were using this exploit to make their Heavy Weapons Guys outrun Scouts...

DesertEagle
09-22-2004, 12:34
Originally posted by TomSplasky
People who "hardcore" cheat, hence they go around the server knifing people at 1000000 Miles Per Hour.

Well, I wasn't using a cheat to do it fast, but when I was playing a game once (HalfLife IIRC) I got up against someone who wanted to snipe so I chased him around the board for a half hour whacking him with a wrench till he died. After about 1/2 hour and like 50 kills he finally just quit. He couldn't get away from me and didn't even think to take out his wrench and smack me back.

D.E.