Do Berettas do this? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do Berettas do this?

mikey177
09-07-2004, 20:25
I saw this news item in last week's PDI, and I was just perplexed by the statement that the policeman's service pistol went off twice. Does anyone else find it vague?

Gun goes off, kills veteran cop

Updated 10:51pm (Mla time) Sept 02, 2004
By Leila Salaverria
Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page A23 of the September 3, 2004 issue of the Philippine
http://news.inq7.net/metro/index.php?index=1&story_id=8459

HOMICIDE investigators in Manila never thought they would be investigating the death of one of their own.

But they did just that Wednesday when SPO3 Solomon Bataller died after his service pistol fell and went off accidentally.

The incident happened in front of his 10-year-old son, who was unharmed.

The 49-year-old Bataller, a policeman for 24 years who had several awards to his name for being a veteran crime investigator, was declared dead on arrival at the Ospital ng Sampaloc.

He suffered two gunshot wounds.

Investigator SPO2 Diomedes Labarda said in his report that Bataller was cleaning his 9 mm pistol inside his house on Felina Street, Sampaloc, Wednesday afternoon when the accident took place.

Bataller was watching television with his son, when the pistol slipped from his hands and fell on the floor, police said.

The gun reportedly went off twice, hitting him in the chin and in the chest. His son then called for help.

Members of the Western Police District said Battaler was a great loss to the police force and his death was a shock to most of them.

"Hindi namin akalain na iimbestigahan namin ang pagkamatay ng kasamahan namin (We never thought we would be investigating a colleague's death)," said SPO2 Edison Bertoldo, who worked in the morning shift with Bataller.

Colleagues told the Inquirer that Bataller used to be in the Marines before he joined the police force.

In his stint as a policeman, Bataller worked as an investigator and was named three times as the best investigator of the year. He was also a director of the Manila's Finest Brotherhood Association, Inc.

WPD spokesperson Chief Insp. Gerry Agunod said that since Bataller died while still in active service, his family would be receiving full death benefits for members of the Philippine National Police.

JuDGe
09-07-2004, 20:31
Hayan nagkakahawaan na nga! ;)

Mikey, its on another thread... Accidental Discharge (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=282387) ;f

mikey177
09-07-2004, 21:04
Oops, sorry about that. I've been away from my PC for about 5 days, and I must have missed that thread because of all the new threads that have popped up over that time.

Pasensya na po (insert embarrassed smiley here).

gunfool
09-07-2004, 21:33
Originally posted by JuDGe
Hayan nagkakahawaan na nga! ;)

Mikey, its on another thread... Accidental Discharge (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=282387) ;f
Malakas ba makahawa sir?;z

mikey177
09-07-2004, 22:23
Originally posted by gunfool
Malakas ba makahawa sir?;z

To be honest, I looked through the last two pages of thread titles and most of the thread contents for the topic at hand before I posted today. I guess I just missed the "Accidental Discharge" thread or didn't make the connection right away. I hope I'm not catching a new form of Internet virus ;P

Could the Moderators please just lock or delete this thread. I know how precious bandwidth is, and I at least can recognize and acknowledge when I made a mistake :)

vega
09-07-2004, 22:30
Could the Moderators please just lock or delete this thread. I know how precious bandwidth is, and I at least can recognize and acknowledge when I made a mistake

No leave it open please, nagkakatuwaan eh. mikey, it's not you they're making fun of. Scroll down on BOG forum and you'll know why.;)

vega

mikey177
09-07-2004, 22:58
Yes, vega, I know its not me that is being alluded to. I'm just a bit embarrassed because I'm usually more thorough in doing research before I post. Oh well, maybe it is contagious ;g

gunfool
09-08-2004, 01:28
Originally posted by mikey177
To be honest, I looked through the last two pages of thread titles and most of the thread contents for the topic at hand before I posted today. I guess I just missed the "Accidental Discharge" thread or didn't make the connection right away. I hope I'm not catching a new form of Internet virus ;P

Could the Moderators please just lock or delete this thread. I know how precious bandwidth is, and I at least can recognize and acknowledge when I made a mistake :)

Sir, am sorry. No offense meant. As Vega said nagkatuwaan lang! ;f

New_comer
09-08-2004, 02:38
If it were not for this thread, I wouldn't have known about this incident. Thanks for bringing this up again... ;)

Another case of the "stupid finger" syndrome, IMHO...

What a waste :(

darwin25
09-08-2004, 06:24
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikey177
I guess I just missed the "Accidental Discharge" thread or didn't make the connection right away. ;P

Maybe you thought it was just me again.;f ;f

Alexii
09-08-2004, 08:20
Kinabahan naman ako sa title nung thread.;f

Beware of the new BOG virus; Mikey177 became the first unsuspecting victim. He he

9MX
09-08-2004, 08:35
Originally posted by darwin25
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikey177
I guess I just missed the "Accidental Discharge" thread or didn't make the connection right away. ;P

Maybe you thought it was just me again.;f ;f

;z

mikey177
09-08-2004, 21:29
Originally posted by gunfool
Sir, am sorry. No offense meant. As Vega said nagkatuwaan lang! ;f

No problem. Siguro nakakahawa lang talaga :)

[Translation: Maybe the thing is really contagious.]