Tyro Gear [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tyro Gear

Fonzy
09-09-2004, 11:21
Please suggest basic gears for newbie shooters, para maiwasan sana yung mga maling bili, papalit-palit, upgrade (di yata maiiwasan 'tong isang 'to ;Q ;f )

- sayang pera, pang-bili din ng gatas ng anak ko, hehehe!

thanks

:cool:

ogiebb
09-09-2004, 11:25
limcat or cr speed holster, cr speed belt,cr speed or safariland 771 holders...;)

Eye Cutter
09-09-2004, 17:37
Pards, I posted the cp# of jr speed dun sa competition gear thread, ikaw na bahala tumawag. Or go watch an ipsc competition and look for Laiza's stall. She sells everything you'll need to get started in ipsc.

if you can get all the imported rigs, its worth the price as it will last forever.

;e

paltik45
09-09-2004, 22:38
for the belt I would suggest the one from marikina. Look for the double belt that doesnt have a buckle. I even ask my bro to send the same belt that I've been using back there. It's a lot cheaper than safariland and the local ones are made from Carabao leather.:cool:

mc_oliver
09-09-2004, 22:52
Try exploring the Uncle Mikes kydex holsters and pouches dre. If ever somebody tells you na mas mabilis talaga naka speed rig, magpa demo tayo sa draw ni PPTS sa kydex rig nya. ;)

ppts799
09-09-2004, 23:18
ako nanaman pinagtritripan niyo;Q

i think daddy_oliver means j.morales, the latest level3 champ in production using a cheap uncle mikes holster (around P1800).

but for cheap quality kydex mag pouches, i'd suggest the fobus instead of the uncle mikes. you can wait for the gun show and try them out yourself and see what suites you.

9MX
09-10-2004, 01:55
Originally posted by paltik45
for the belt I would suggest the one from marikina. Look for the double belt that doesnt have a buckle. I even ask my bro to send the same belt that I've been using back there. It's a lot cheaper than safariland and the local ones are made from Carabao leather.:cool:

sir,

you should check out the latest jr speed belts, super tigas for P1000. 1 paligo na lang ang lamang ng cr speed. :)

for pics, check out the competition gear thread, eyecutter and i posted our respective set ups:)

jr now employs the ipsc logo with his latest belt. this made his product stylish and at par with its foreign counterparts:cool:

9MX
09-10-2004, 01:56
Originally posted by ppts799
ako nanaman pinagtritripan niyo;Q

i think daddy_oliver means j.morales, the latest level3 champ in production using a cheap uncle mikes holster (around P1800).

but for cheap quality kydex mag pouches, i'd suggest the fobus instead of the uncle mikes. you can wait for the gun show and try them out yourself and see what suites you.

kaw naman, nagpadehado ka pa, parang kang others ha;f

jasonub
09-10-2004, 05:38
i use safariland 011 holster, bianchi mag pouches(the ones that make the mags face away from the body. with these pouches, i can consistently reload and shoot an a at 10 yards in .9-1.1 seconds. belt safariland or cr speed.

ogiebb
09-10-2004, 05:44
Originally posted by jasonub
i use safariland 011 holster, bianchi mag pouches(the ones that make the mags face away from the body. with these pouches, i can consistently reload and shoot an a at 10 yards in .9-1.1 seconds. belt safariland or cr speed.

whoa bilis mo pala !!!!si Todd jarret frank garcia at Blake miguez ang draws nila .89 to 1...sayo may reload pa:cool:

Fonzy
09-10-2004, 08:48
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Pards, I posted the cp# of jr speed dun sa competition gear thread, ikaw na bahala tumawag. Or go watch an ipsc competition and look for Laiza's stall. She sells everything you'll need to get started in ipsc.

if you can get all the imported rigs, its worth the price as it will last forever.

;e
yes doc, txtd him already.

south of metro area namin sir, i don't think laiza's stall will be there. anyway, i'll ask my buddies, i'm still feeling my way around.

for the belt I would suggest the one from marikina. Look for the double belt that doesnt have a buckle. I even ask my bro to send the same belt that I've been using back there. It's a lot cheaper than safariland and the local ones are made from Carabao leather.
i got a locally made belt also, though not from marikina. gawa siya ng isang enterprising shooter who owns a leather goods store. mukhang matibay din, with all the embossing belt of safariland ;)

Try exploring the Uncle Mikes kydex holsters and pouches dre. If ever somebody tells you na mas mabilis talaga naka speed rig, magpa demo tayo sa draw ni PPTS sa kydex rig nya.
hehehe, our prexy (sa club) gave me his old uncle mike's kydex paddle holster, still looks brand new. swak na swak sa piece i'm using.

yes sir, i'll surely visit this november's gun show (tuloy na ba?).

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES ;a

Eye Cutter
09-10-2004, 08:54
what gun club? banga, lagcom, straight shooters, lag-psg, solcom, 7Lakes, Lipa, BRPG, SAFE, Creekside, CPPSA, Lakers? dami na pala gun clubs sa south!

;f

Fonzy
09-10-2004, 09:04
what gun club? banga, lagcom, straight shooters, lag-psg, solcom, 7Lakes, Lipa, BRPG, SAFE, Creekside, CPPSA, Lakers? dami na pala gun clubs sa south!

;f

lagcom ako member sir, just met them during the monthly meeting, and joined their weekly practice shoot just this week, newbie pa talaga ako.

Eye Cutter
09-10-2004, 09:15
ok! enjoy the sport! see you at the matches!

Fonzy
09-10-2004, 11:02
i wear prescription glasses, what do you recommend i use as eye protection? i saw some that incorporates them, ok ba yun? anyway, being a tyro puro mike naman ako, with or without the glasses ;f ;P :) but with practice, i know i can improve.

vega
09-10-2004, 12:45
You can only be called a tyro once. After the first comp, no more tyro.

vega

Fonzy
09-10-2004, 14:05
Originally posted by vega
You can only be called a tyro once. After the first comp, no more tyro.

vega

ah ok, thanks for clearing that up ;)

Eye Cutter
09-10-2004, 17:17
You can have your eyeglasses made/changed to polycarbonate lenses. Ordinary plastic eyeglass lenses are made of CR-29 plastic, which can shatter. Polycarbonate doesn't.

Rudy Project, Kontrol, Spyder, Oakley, all have prescription inserts available.

paltik45
09-10-2004, 17:38
Originally posted by Fonzy
lagcom ako member sir, just met them during the monthly meeting, and joined their weekly practice shoot just this week, newbie pa talaga ako.

UUUYYYY anak ng tokwa!!!;f Kapanalig ko pa pala ikaw Sir!! Ano na balita sa LAGCOM? Kamusta na sila Ninong Diloi and Ninong Puling? PM me for the update Sir. Thanks.;f

Fonzy
09-13-2004, 03:32
Originally posted by paltik45
UUUYYYY anak ng tokwa!!!;f Kapanalig ko pa pala ikaw Sir!! Ano na balita sa LAGCOM? Kamusta na sila Ninong Diloi and Ninong Puling? PM me for the update Sir. Thanks.;f

ayos sir, tropa pala tayo! balitaan ko yung grupo na nag meet tayo dito sa bogs. invite ko na din yung iba na mag-post. pm na lang kita sa mga updates.

;a ;a ;a

Eye Cutter
09-15-2004, 06:09
fonzy: don't worry about the order. you can deposit it in his account. Kasama ko si jr sa team PB. No problem if they send it via LBC.

Another option is to get it from Laiza. She displays here merchandise in all major shoots. Hindi ba kayo maglalaro sa P/Dir. R. de Leon Cup this weekend at armscor?

Valor1
09-15-2004, 06:17
Eyecutter,
I wear prescription lenses, saan kaya ok pagawa ng polycarbonate lenses para sa frame ko? I went to an indoor range yesterday, tumalbog ang basyo sa divider and hit me on the face, nagkasugat tuloy ang kutis Lux ko. Baka kasi sa susunod e tamaan ang glasses ko mabasag. Thanks.

Eye Cutter
09-15-2004, 06:28
all major optical shops offer it. sa ideal vision. ask for essilor airwear. very light and thin (hi-index) polycarbonate lenses. quite pricey, though, but we shouldn't compromise on safety gear, do we?

Or you could get the Rudy Project with prescription inserts. Maganda yung Rydon, Perception, and Kerosene with inserts. Si mc_o, 9mx, kristiansen wear RP's with inserts. I find the RP's a lot more durable than oakleys. dati, ang laki nang price difference ng dalawa. Now its almost as expensive.

Valor1
09-15-2004, 06:47
Thanks Eyecutter. I'm also using a Rudy Project Kyodo frame for daily wear. I installed some prescription lenses. Pag tinatamad ako magpalit pa ng frame iyon na lang diretso na. Kaya lang parang nalilimutan ko kasi magsuot ng tamang eyewear kaya I'll go for the polycarbonate lenses. Thanks for the suggestions. At least when I go to the Optical, I'll ask for Essilot AirWear. O di mukhang maraming alam. :)

Fonzy
09-15-2004, 06:55
fonzy: don't worry about the order. you can deposit it in his account. Kasama ko si jr sa team PB. No problem if they send it via LBC.

Another option is to get it from Laiza. She displays here merchandise in all major shoots. Hindi ba kayo maglalaro sa P/Dir. R. de Leon Cup this weekend at armscor?

yes doc, just want some assurance from you ;)

i guess we'll not participate this weekend's cup, wala pang advice e.

i'll try out those polycarbonate lenses, ganda rin pag naka-insert (dagdag pogi points lalo pag RF o oakley ;f ;e )

cheers

9MX
09-15-2004, 08:50

balik team pb na ulit si jr?

9MX
09-15-2004, 08:54
I find the RP's a lot more durable than oakleys. dati, ang laki nang price difference ng dalawa. Now its almost as expensive.

whatawat!!!!!!!!! pumantay na sa hoakleys ang harpee? i have two rudys, my first pair are just plain shades, got them cheap when rp's were just starting to enter the philippine market. i'm happy with them so far;)

Eye Cutter
09-15-2004, 16:45
yep. nagkatampuhan lang sila ni coach! hahaha! LQ kung baga! hahahaha!

Hermo Gut
09-15-2004, 18:20
9MX quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find the RP's a lot more durable than oakleys. dati, ang laki nang price difference ng dalawa. Now its almost as expensive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whatawat!!!!!!!!! pumantay na sa hoakleys ang harpee? i have two rudys, my first pair are just plain shades, got them cheap when rp's were just starting to enter the philippine market. i'm happy with them so far

Same here 9MX. Judging from the quality of Rudys simula pa lang okey na, mura pa. Glad to have also bought two.;)

Isa pang maganda ay yung Wiley. Bihira lang mayroon dito.

mc_oliver
09-15-2004, 18:34
Magkano yung Kontrol na lenses ngayon (yung nasa Twin Pines at Hahn)? I have the model na mey insert in brown shade (already with corective lenses, 120 yata yung grado nakakabit), I've never used them. Anybody interested in a trade or something?

Eye Cutter
09-15-2004, 19:02
yep. i'm very happy with the RP's. Yung ahente na nagsusupply ng eyeglasses sa akin, sila ang dating distributor dito sa Pinas. Siya ang nag-introduce ng RP. Nang sumikat, RP Italy came in and set-up local distributorship direct from the factory. Kaya wala na akong supply! Their warranty is top rate.

Alam ko the Kontrol without the inserts are 900pesos