Mag Carriers Or Pouches [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mag Carriers Or Pouches

jmy
09-10-2004, 07:13
Guys,
What brand and model of Mag Pouches or Carriers(For IPSC Competitions) would you recommend or suggest for a single stack 1911 pistol?
THANKS.

jmy

Eye Cutter
09-10-2004, 07:26
el pres: the best mag pouches are the safariland model 771 or 773

Eye Cutter
09-10-2004, 07:30
http://shop.optemize.com/shop/graphics/00000001/model773.jpg

jmy
09-10-2004, 07:32
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
el pres: the best mag pouches are the safariland model 771 or 773

Doc Alvin,
Between the 771 and 773,which do you personally prefer?And why?
THANKS.

jmy

ogiebb
09-10-2004, 07:50
El prez,

i would suggest CR speed or safariland 771 & 773 , the 771 is much more faster kasi kahit ma twist or akward and pag bunot mo sa magazine magflex yung front part ng pouch, but for more security 773 is hard to beat. no openings in front and just rollers in the back..hope this helps.;)

Eye Cutter
09-10-2004, 07:56
Both have rollers. I have the older 771 model, w/ the open front. its very secure and at the same time very easy to pull the next mag out for reloads.

the model 773 is an improved version. the 773 keeps the bullets inside the mag from coming out preventing a botched reload or worse, a misfeed. it also has a lower profile design for faster clearing of the mag lip.

if i'll get another set, again, i'll order the 773's.

9MX
09-10-2004, 08:17
you may also want to check out CR speed's versa mag pouches. Each pouch comes with a set of spacers which make it compatible with virtually all type of mags. It has a wider opening at the front (but no rollers) to make way for your index finger.

safariland or cr speed, you can't go wrong with either. check out both to see what suits you best:)

ogiebb
09-10-2004, 08:30
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eye Cutter
[B]Both have rollers. I have the older 771 model, w/ the open front. its very secure and at the same time very easy to pull the next mag out for reloads.

the model 773 is an improved version. the 773 keeps the bullets inside the mag from coming out preventing a botched reload or worse, a misfeed. it also has a lower profile design for faster clearing of the mag lip.

i had the 773's before on my levitation belt set up (hinde pala porke mahal levitation maganda;g ) medyo malapad lang sya ng konti kaysa sa 771 at medyo short sya. i settled with my 771 kasi mas advantage sa akin yung openings on the front but i did had to buy extra stuff like collin tension knobs and arredondo rollers para super tight and nice..if i have to start all over again id get the CR speed because of the tension knobs and hinde sya magazine specific you can use them on STI para or glocks. spacers lang ang katapat...but in the end its a matter of personal choice..;)

jmy
09-10-2004, 09:41
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 9MX
[B]you may also want to check out CR speed's versa mag pouches. Each pouch comes with a set of spacers which make it compatible with virtually all type of mags. It has a wider opening at the front (but no rollers) to make way for your index finger.

If I am not mistaken,the CR Speed Mag Pouches are only for Double Stack(High Cap)Magazines.Does anyone out there know if this is true?
THANKS.

jmy

9MX
09-10-2004, 09:48
Originally posted by jmy
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 9MX
[B]you may also want to check out CR speed's versa mag pouches. Each pouch comes with a set of spacers which make it compatible with virtually all type of mags. It has a wider opening at the front (but no rollers) to make way for your index finger.

If I am not mistaken,the CR Speed Mag Pouches are only for Double Stack(High Cap)Magazines.Does anyone out there know if this is true?
THANKS.

jmy

el prez, it can house single stack mags as well, check out the link below ;)

versa pouch (http://www.rescomp.co.za/speed_pouches.htm)

Fonzy
09-10-2004, 10:05
mga sirs,

anu naman ang ok sa high cap 9 mm?

thanks

:cool:

9MX
09-10-2004, 10:09
Originally posted by Fonzy
mga sirs,

anu naman ang ok sa high cap 9 mm?

thanks

same answer, if budget is not a concern, safariland or cr speed. i suggest you bring a mag and try it out on each model. otherwise go for the clones made by jr speed, 600/pc kay laiza. Kobra in Marikina (almost infront of the street leading to Loyola Mem Park) sells safariland clones at P250 if I'm not mistaken:)

rhino465
09-10-2004, 21:51
My gear is more oriented toward "carry," so I use Blade-Tech carriers with the Tek-Lok. They're very secure and it's easy to add or remove them from your belt.

If I were going to put together a rig just for matches with a dedicated double belt, I'd go with the Safariland 771 or 773, like the others suggested.

Fonzy
09-13-2004, 03:43
Originally posted by 9MX
Kobra in Marikina (almost infront of the street leading to Loyola Mem Park) sells safariland clones at P250 if I'm not mistaken:)

sir,

got any tel#? i'd really appreciate it :)

thanks,

9MX
09-13-2004, 05:06
Originally posted by Fonzy
sir,

got any tel#? i'd really appreciate it :)

thanks,

wala eh, saw the same products kay uncle tony, sa kanya ka na lang kumuha. it would be better if you go there yourself:)

dami kasi ginagawa ni uncle tony, pag sa phone, oo lang ng oo yun

Hermo Gut
09-13-2004, 05:28
I'm using an Ernie Hill double magazine pouch (leather) for my single stacker. Been satisfied with it. :)

jasonub
09-13-2004, 06:38
im using bianchi competition pouches. its the one that makes the mags face away from the body. (sub second reloads on this setup more due to my drifire than the mag pouch)if im going to change ill buy safariland.

i have 1 safariland its for my load and make ready mag its the 771 and its located at the small of back part of my belt.

if you want i still have 1 brand new ill sell it to you for the list price at speedshooter where i got it