good location for the Security Office [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : good location for the Security Office

paltic
09-10-2004, 13:02
....medyo off topic ito mga pards: humihingi ng suggestion yung pinsan ko na architect...saan daw magandang maglagay ng security office sa isang 8-story building....thank you in advance sa inyong theories about this...:)

salamat po.

:cool:

horge
09-10-2004, 19:52
Hi,

I'm an architect, but certainly no expert.

I believe 'security offices' are often an afterthought, and usually stuffed in the basement and any CCTV feed is force-routed there. ---in a commercial development, there's no sacrifice of valuable rentable space. Certainly there are many ther sorts of "8-storey" structures.

In a truly security-conscious development, you want it at the half-height of the structure, for quick travel by backup security officers to wherever a problem may occur. Some choose the one-third-up rule of thumb, swayed by the thinking that most security needs occur at the building entrance.

The security office should be by the building core, for access to sairs and elevators. IIRC, in other countries, the ideal is 5-minute response time. If the 8-storey structure has a very large floor area per floor, then it can reach a point where a satellite security office per floor is required.

Just some things to consider. It really depends on the nature and ease of access in the structure, and where the expected security concerns are in said structure.

paltic
09-11-2004, 03:01
sir,
thank you very much sa inyong very invaluable reply...malaking tulong itong inputs from u.

salamat:cool:

New_comer
09-11-2004, 03:30
I'm no architect, but here's my take on the matter...

If the owner would like to project strength, I'd have the security office subtly put up at the front entrance, like in Quad I. The parade of the guards every morning at the building's entrance would be very intimidating, IMO.

Other than that, I'd position it near the Admin office, or wherever the bulk of financial transactions occur. Remember Beverly Hills cop2? Bantay salakay nga lang yung isa kaya nadale pa rin.

Another thing: It should have a back door, so should the main door be blocked or inaccessible in one way or another, another exit could be used.

Just my 2 centavos...;)

julianz
09-12-2004, 01:40
sa 8 storey buliding i would suggest sa 3rd or 4th floor para mabilis mobility pag panik sa taas at sa baba or sa basement which one bog mentioned para descrete ang dating that will not alarm occupants or would be occupants of the buliding.in this case kailangan din i-consider separate service elevator( for fast mobilisation kung may trouble top to bottom floors.( by the way got this idea from my cousin .a high rise building engineer)