Losing weight [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight

DonGlock26
09-15-2004, 17:32
What's your daily eating plan? Snack ideas?

Mine:

6:30am 1 banana, coffee

8:30am bowl of cereal or eggs/toast or PB&J sandwich

10:30 apple

12noon sandwich, pretzles

3pm protein bar or banana/apple

5:30 dinner

No snacking after dinner

Thanks,

Don

Vic303
09-16-2004, 06:48
My husband's nutritionist says it is best to eat some protein any time you have a carb, so make sure you add a little protein in with that apple!;)

DonGlock26
09-16-2004, 06:50
Thanks!

saint01
09-16-2004, 12:54
My daily eating plan...

7am - 6 egg whites wrapped in whole wheat tortilla + water

8am - protein bar + water + coffee

10am - protein shake + water

12-12:30 - lunch (steak, chicken, tuna...etc) + whole grain carb + ice tea

2pm - protein shake + wateer

4pm - protein shake + water + supplements

LIFT AFTER WORK

8pm - dinner (steak, chicken breasts, hamburger, etc) + whole grain carb usually brown rice + ice tea

10-11pm - either egg whites, cottage cheese, or protein shake + yogurt + water

Not eating anything after dinner only helps to slow your metabolism down. Look for some healthy snacks like eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, or tuna. My favorite snack is 3 egg whites, some browned hamburger with all the grease drained, light cheddar chesse, all mixed together with a little bit of terriaki sauce. Brown the meat first and after draining all the grease, add a little terriaki for some flavor. Then cook up the eggs, mixed the hamburger, and add some cheese. Very tasty and a great high protein snack. Make sure to drink an extra glass or two of water afterwards though, as you have taken in more sodium with the terriaki that needs to be washed out.

Good luck!

California Jack
09-16-2004, 19:26
First, I agree with miost everything Saint says with one exception. I think an evening snack should be proteinonly. BTW, I'm not a low carber in general, but I am for this one specific meal.

As far as a diet for losing weight, I'd recommend the "Body For Life" approach. It is simplistic and easy to follow.

saint01
09-17-2004, 06:43
I agree that you could drop the carbs at night, and I often do unless I am really depleted. Funny thing about the Body for Life is that Bill wants you to eat carbs at every meal. I would suggest dropping carbs at your 2nd and 4th meal. Just my opinion.

California Jack
09-17-2004, 20:23
You're right about BFL and carbs. When I was doing them I eliminated them from my 6th meal. Lost a lot of flab following it. Why the 2nd and 4th?

saint01
09-17-2004, 22:27
our bodies need carbs...the atkins has yet to be proven effective in the long run as a health alternative (we are assuming that you are trying to lose weight for health reasons). The 2nd and the 4th, simply because you should be getting your morning carbs at the first meal to give you the intial energy that you need for the morning. hence, the 2nd meal, there is no need for the carbs and a perfect opportunity to kick the metabolism in and have it start burning fat and not carbs. the same basically can be held true for the 4th meal.

I can certainly appreciate the evening deletion of carbs, and it should work well, although again, the body needs them and you should find that eating a light carb helps you to sleep better and keep the metabolism working all night long.

frankybme
09-23-2004, 12:10
Originally posted by saint01
our bodies need carbs...the atkins has yet to be proven effective in the long run as a health alternative (we are assuming that you are trying to lose weight for health reasons). The 2nd and the 4th, simply because you should be getting your morning carbs at the first meal to give you the intial energy that you need for the morning. hence, the 2nd meal, there is no need for the carbs and a perfect opportunity to kick the metabolism in and have it start burning fat and not carbs. the same basically can be held true for the 4th meal.

I can certainly appreciate the evening deletion of carbs, and it should work well, although again, the body needs them and you should find that eating a light carb helps you to sleep better and keep the metabolism working all night long.

Yes we need carbs, but the problem is to MANY people over eat carbs!
All theses carbs just turn into sugar and drive your isulin crazy, we need to learn how to control the carbs.

sy2k
09-23-2004, 15:29
I don't need to lose weight (5'7", 130), but here's my diet, minus occasional french fry attacks. I designed it to maximize my weight training/conditioning results. Keep in mind I'm lactose intolerant, so no dairy, and eggs make me so sick I want to die. I don't mind eating the same thing everyday.

7:00 Oatmeal w/ berries. Cup of soymilk. Green tea. Vitamin/mineral supplement.

10:00 soy protein meal replacement drink

1:00 Sandwich (meat, lettuce/tomato, whole wheat, mustard), piece of fruit, cup of green tea.

4:00 same as 10:00, or lunch meat/fruit snack

7:00 Piece of chicken/beef/fish or game meat, 1 cup brown rice, steamed vegetable or salad. I tend to season with alot of garlic.

lots of water, at least 64 oz/day.

I do the 'cheat day' thing. One day a week eat whatever the heel I feel like. Usually, bacon, hamburger, pizza, etc.