CZ trigger job [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CZ trigger job

ogiebb
09-16-2004, 07:05
since there are a lot of CZ users here .i find this place the best to ask these questions. How easy it is to do your own trigger job on a CZ 85? is there a lot of polishing and stoning involved ? from what i remember before, Churchill of PB did cut coils on the mainspring ..is that all there is to it?

Eye Cutter
09-16-2004, 07:23
from what i remember before, Churchill of PB did cut coils on the mainspring

only because we don't have reduced power mainsprings and firing pin springs available to replace the original mainsprings. i think wolff's has the reduced power springs available.

you need to change the sear/hammer angle so the hammer falls more 1911 like. in the cz design, and clones, when you pull the trigger, whether in DA or SA, there is a camming action of the sear backwards before release so you get a degree of creep. that is where you need to change the sear/hammer engagement angle so the hammer release is crisp and fast.

when the CZ marketing reps were at PB, i asked them for factory tuned drop-in trigger action work for our cz's. until now, wala pa rin mga ni-request ko from them. i also asked angus hobdell how he does his trigger work, but no reply yet! baka trade secret yun ng CZ USA!

hth

;e

9MX
09-16-2004, 09:02
trigger job? dyan tumama si tony pascual, di ba judge?;e

JuDGe
09-16-2004, 15:20
'ika nga ni eyecutter buttery shmoooth! ;f

Eye Cutter
09-16-2004, 18:36
si TP gumagawa nang sarili niyang reduced power FP spring. yung 'smith ng PB pinuputol pati FP spring

JuDGe
09-16-2004, 18:49
yup!... changed firing pin and hammer springs to reduced power; aside from that i don't know what and how else he whipped his magic on a cz trigger job..... ;f

ogiebb
09-16-2004, 20:45
thanks for the tips guys ...so if i just change the springs will that drop it down dramatically or stoning and polishing is still needed? i have to get my hands on one to figure out that angle stuff...Maraming Salamat po ulit
:cool:

9MX
09-16-2004, 21:06
Originally posted by JuDGe
yup!... changed firing pin and hammer springs to reduced power; aside from that i don't know what and how else he whipped his magic on a cz trigger job..... ;f

yung sa akin, hammer spring lang pinalitan

ogiebb,

from my conversation with tp, it didn't seem that he did polishing/stoning. according to him, the replacement part did the trick.

ogiebb
09-16-2004, 21:13
Originally posted by 9MX
yung sa akin, hammer spring lang pinalitan

ogiebb,

from my conversation with tp, it didn't seem that he did polishing/stoning. according to him, the replacement part did the trick.

9mx,

thank you sir:) try ko pag experimentuhan;f

mc_oliver
09-16-2004, 21:57
Oggie, baka pede natin kulit-kulitin si Matt Mink sa BE forums. Balita ko CZ gamit na sa Nats. I'm interested to know kung ano mods at failures na encounter nya. ;)

ogiebb
09-16-2004, 22:16
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Oggie, baka pede natin kulit-kulitin si Matt Mink sa BE forums. Balita ko CZ gamit na sa Nats. I'm interested to know kung ano mods at failures na encounter nya. ;)

oo nga e balita ko kasama nya si Angus at CZ gamit nya...alam ko dedicated glock user pa naman sya

Eye Cutter
09-16-2004, 22:59
i already asked over at the BE forums, hindi pa sumasagot. kung magtatanong pa kayo, baka makulitan at sumagot rin! hahahaha!!!

ogie: ang alam ko, polishing and stoning of the hammer and sear is done if the parts have a lot of rough areas, di ba? But I guess a smoother surface will not hurt and will have less friction, so better trigger pull in the end!

4eyes
09-16-2004, 23:02
I polished my sear, cut about 2/3s off the hammer hooks and smoothed them, cut the main spring, and removed the firing pin safety. It's now crisp with little creep and about 3 to 3.5 pounds. Fairly good "games" trigger. Mike Eaglesheid at CZ USA says to get an extra power recoil spring from Wolfe to make the slide stop pin last longer.

Eye Cutter
09-16-2004, 23:15
4eyes: according to Milan Trkulja of CZ-UB, do not oil the slide stop. I don't know why they recommend it, but he says that a dry slide stop will prolong the life of the slide stop!

Eye Cutter
09-16-2004, 23:20
ogie: the smiths at PB polish the hammer and sear. they also adjust the trigger return spring to bring down the pull. But I don't like a sluggish trigger return so I had it brought back up. My CZ85 pull is 7lbs/3lbs DA/SA. Yung kay Judge, I think TP had it down to like 5.5lbs/2lbs! Verryyy shmoooth!!!

4eyes
09-16-2004, 23:27
Thanks for the tip, Eye Cutter. I'll think about his reasons for running it dry. Possibly more drag from a dry pin keeps a longer lock up and helps the recoil spring control the slam at the end of recoil. Any other ideas?

I thought that only guys that carry and shoot less than 100 rounds a year kept a dry gun. Presently I grease the pin and that method has only been good for 12,000 rounds. I'll try running the next one dry after I break this one. Fair evaluation, you know.

ogiebb
09-17-2004, 05:56
Got the CZ in front of me now. looks like it does need some polishing some parts are rough, try ko umorder mamya ng springs after work ...thanks again

bulm540
09-17-2004, 06:34
Originally posted by ogiebb
oo nga e balita ko kasama nya si Angus at CZ gamit nya...alam ko dedicated glock user pa naman sya
Matt Mink shooting a CZ??? interesting.

ogiebb
09-17-2004, 11:06
uhhh mga sir.. ano po and recomended na # para sa springs?medyo na smoothen ko na yung ibang parts using a 600 grit sand paper at ang aking mahiwagang dremel tool (mas maraming nasira kaysa naayos)...salamas pos ulits

Eye Cutter
09-17-2004, 17:15
ogie: Ang factory mainspring yata is 20 lbs. Yung wolff available from 15-19#s. Kelangan i-test for FTF. I think I used a 15# mainspring before but nag-du-dud ako so pinalitan ko ng 17#. Problema, hindi ako marunong magtanggal ng firing pin roll pin kaya di ko napalitan yung FP spring.

ogiebb
09-17-2004, 18:36
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
ogie: Ang factory mainspring yata is 20 lbs. Yung wolff available from 15-19#s. Kelangan i-test for FTF. I think I used a 15# mainspring before but nag-du-dud ako so pinalitan ko ng 17#. Problema, hindi ako marunong magtanggal ng firing pin roll pin kaya di ko napalitan yung FP spring.

Doc,

thanks. umorder na ako ng 17# ...na pang tanfoglio same din naman di ba?

bulm540
09-17-2004, 22:59
Keep us posted Ogie, I may try my hand in production this year, I ahve a G 22 sitting around the house but would like a cz for production.

Eye Cutter
09-18-2004, 03:56
yung vertical (long) mainsprings. same springs for the eaa witness, jericho and tanfoglio. Meron kasing tanfolio models na transverse (short) ang mainsprings.