help, slide wont open!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : help, slide wont open!!

vergeman10in
09-16-2004, 21:42
Guys, just got my norinco 1911 from the gunsmith. I tried dry firing dummy bullets and i noticed that when i use the CMC mags on it the slide will not remain open when the last round of the dummy bullet is ejected. Is it the mag catch or the magazine. Also, the magazines are hard to insert and I have to push it hard before the mag catch clicks to its locked position.

jasonub
09-16-2004, 21:57
firstly whoo is your smith. secondly, give the gun to the smith to have him fit the mags to your frame.

they will remove material either on the mag or frame. ill remove it on the frame since you may want to use the mag on other single stacks. also the mags might be already thin and making them thinner by removing material on it will cause more problem

paltik45
09-16-2004, 22:51
Verge, 1st-try to put back the "empty" CMC mags in the gun then pull back the slide. If the slide didnt stay OPEN then it could be one of the following:

1. magazine follower
2. slide stop (follower catch is too short)
3. magazine spring

But if the slide locks back in some of your mags it could be your mags and be sure to SLAAAAM the mags into your gun it meant to be that way. Then we'll see from there.

next is "Who is your butcher I mean gunsmith? Dont tell me it's ART LANTIN;e naku todas ka pre;g

vergeman10in
09-16-2004, 23:38
thanks guys for the advice

mc_oliver
09-16-2004, 23:49
Empty mags hard to seat?

1. Lay the mag on an 800 grit sand paper (assuming stainless). Move it around a few times to remove any burrs. Do the other side.

2. Kung sticky pa rin, either bago'ng blue baril mo or mey kalawang yung loob ng mag tunnel sa baril (or mey mag well ka ba?). If this is the case,

3. Detail strip the gun (important as you do not want foreign materials into your firing controls).

4. With the same 800 grit sand paper wraped in a flat wood (or yung ginagamit ng mga dentista na malalaking popsicle sticks), hit the mag tunnel in the gun evenly and lightly. Do this until smooth yung loob.

5. Test your mags, tapos pag swabe na, assemble the lower parts.

6. Once assembled na, test all mags uli. Kung mey sabit, inspect kung saan.

7. Kung okay na, insert your slide release (slide assembly is still off).

8. Insert your mag. Inspect if the follower is making contact with the slide release nub.

9. Kung malayo yung nub sa follower, you need a new slide release.

Whew! Hassel no? Balik mo na lang sa smith...;f

Eye Cutter
09-16-2004, 23:59
hahaha!!! mc_o, ok ka talaga magbuting-ting! ayos na ba pistol mo for this weekend's level 2 match???

vergeman: cmc shooting star mags? or cmc power mags? kung shooting star mags, sakit n'yan nun. kelangan mo i-adjust yung steel follower and mag spring coil so it doesn't tilt up so much. I have several SS mags na ayaw din mag slide lock. The powermags don't seem to have that problem. tignan mo din kung meron mga sabit as mc_o(likot) suggested, but do not over do it like someone we all know about! hahahaha!!!

vergeman10in
09-16-2004, 23:59
mc_oliver: bagong blue nga yung pistol ko. what do you recommend kung kailangan ko magpalit ng slide stop? the slide stop in my gun is an Ed Brown

vergeman10in
09-17-2004, 00:01
eye cutter: CMC shooting star mags nga, what mags do you recommend and where could i get them

Eye Cutter
09-17-2004, 00:09
walang problema yung shooting star mags, all you need to do is adjust the angle of the metal follower so that the angle is shallower. You might need to bend some of the mag spring's coils also. pag nakatungo pataas, lumalampas yung notch kaya di na-a-activate slide stop, di nag-o-open ang slide.

last gunshow, si jethro lang meron available ng powermags. I don't know if twin pines have them.

the mecgar mags are also very good. Mas mura pa. Sa Armscor marami. Even Novak's 1911 mags are made by mecgar. Only thing is, the basepads may not fit your pistol's mag well. Kelangan tabasan pa to fit.

Alam ko Single Stacker's selling 2pcs of brand new mecgar mags.

vergeman10in
09-17-2004, 00:13
Thanks guys for the advice. I'm a new shooter kasi so i don't know how to troubleshoot malfunctions.

mc_oliver
09-17-2004, 00:34
Originally posted by vergeman10in
mc_oliver: bagong blue nga yung pistol ko. what do you recommend kung kailangan ko magpalit ng slide stop? the slide stop in my gun is an Ed Brown
What doc Eyecutter said. Inspect mo muna follower and slide release contact. That's normal for the steel followers ng CMC kasi medyo mey wiggle sa loob ng mag at ino-over run yung slide release nub. Kung generous naman ang contact (makapal yung nub) mey problem naman of premature slide locking; nag slide lock na at mey bala pa.

Another thing to examine is if your slide release is drifting out during firing. If it does, palagyan mo ng dimple yung area ng slide release (in the down position) na mey contact sa plunger pin. ;)

hahaha!!! mc_o, ok ka talaga magbuting-ting! ayos na ba pistol mo for this weekend's level 2 match???
Flawless na Doc, as usual 'di nagja-jam pag practice. Kaso ammo ko minor (estimate ko baka barely 160PF lang, 'di ko pa na-chrono uli.) Inspect ko muna stages. Kung kokonti movers, sasabak ako kahit naka-minor. ;);f

jasonub
09-17-2004, 01:17
Originally posted by vergeman10in

ed brown is a very good part, why change it?

Maskara
09-17-2004, 04:52
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vergeman10in

bagong blue nga yung pistol ko.

Pare, tingnan mo rin at linisin yung sa loob ng frame baka mayron lang natirang konting Blueing material.

9MX
09-17-2004, 10:21
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Empty mags hard to seat?

1. Lay the mag on an 800 grit sand paper (assuming stainless). Move it around a few times to remove any burrs. Do the other side.

dremel man to the rescue;f

revo
09-17-2004, 19:26
Weak magazine spring or someting is obstructing
ths slide stop from working.

paltik45
09-17-2004, 20:36
Also, the magazines are hard to insert and I have to push it hard before the mag catch clicks to its locked position. [/B][/QUOTE]

OK, here is another way to check it. Remove the MAGASINE CATCH from your pistol then insert an EMPTY magasine in a normal way. Then tilt the pistol verticaly as if you are ready to shoot. Check if the mag will fall freely out of your gun. If not check the MAGS for burs and the magasine well for any burs or tooling marks, NORINCO was know to have rough milling finish. Hope this help kabayan. Last but not the least cut atleast 2(two) coils from your "MAGASINE CATCH SPRING" then try to insert your mags again and feeeeel the difference.:)