para mags question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : para mags question

jundeleon
09-21-2004, 07:11
Do the Para Ordnance P14 limited and P13 limited models have the same magazines?

I have a P14 Limited and all I can fit in the mag is 13 rounds.

I've posted the problem before. And I have tried all recommended solutions including using mag loader and waiting for the spring to take a set (by leaving it fully loaded for a long time). Ayaw talaga pumasok 14 rounds.

Did I get a P13 mag for my P14?

TacticalShot
09-21-2004, 07:31
I have a 1445 LTD and the Tac Four (which takes P13 mags). I don't think the mags are interchangeable since the P14 mags are bigger.

I don't have hi-caps for the P14 yet, but on the P13 I can only put 12 rounds in. And it doesn't bother me one bit. 12 in the tube and 1 in the pipe - that's good enough for me.

Allegra
09-21-2004, 07:34
Patience :) diffrent mags nila sa pag alam ko
Mga ilang buwan pa , kasya na yan

jundeleon
09-21-2004, 07:51
TacticalShot

It doesnt bother me also if I only have 8,10, or 12 rounds in the mag. Any number of bullets is good enough, than having nothing at all, when the need arises. However, I just think that when somebody sells you a 14 + 1 gun, it really should be a 14 + 1 gun.

Allegra

The gun is one-year old already. It has always been loaded with 13 rounds since I got it. Benta ko na lang kaya maski P30,000.

Eye Cutter
09-21-2004, 07:56
are the mag springs still the original that came with the pistol? are they the new ones with the square bends or the wolff spring type with the regular oval curves? did you change to aftermarket mag springs?

are you serious selling it for 30k? if yes, i'm interested!

jundeleon
09-21-2004, 08:20
Doc,

The orig mags came with the square bends spring, not the oval bends of the aftermarket variety. Patawa lang yun 30k for the gun he he.

mikol
09-21-2004, 08:25
Originally posted by jundeleon
Doc,

The orig mags came with the square bends spring, not the oval bends of the aftermarket variety. Patawa lang yun 30k for the gun he he.

gawin ko nalang 35k jun para bigay mo nalang sakin. doc E_C sakin nalang to meron kanang s_i trojan e.;f ;)

Eye Cutter
09-21-2004, 08:33
Sayang! Kala ko naka jackpot na ako! hehehe!

Para mags are notorious for being out of spec. The black (carbon steel) mags are shorter than the stainless mags by 1-2 mm.

Regarding the mag springs, if it was the aftermarket variety, baka kasi masyado mahaba spring coils and you need to cut 1 or 2 coils. also, the follower's back leg may be too long.

you might want try this. remove the follower ang spring and turn the mag tube upside down. carefully put bullets inside the mag tube and count how many rounds can fit without the springs and follower.

hth

jundeleon
09-21-2004, 13:43
you might want try this. remove the follower ang spring and turn the mag tube upside down. carefully put bullets inside the mag tube and count how many rounds can fit without the springs and follower.

i was able to put 14 rounds. however, the round on the bottom ends up on the wrong side of the follower.

I also tried the mag spring from a meggar 13-round mag on the orig 14 round mag tube. the combination worked and i was able to put 14 rounds. it also worked with the slide lock. as for reliability, i have to test it on the range.

The para mag spring seems too long. I counted 11 coils. the meggar spring had only 9 coils.

The spring may be binding at some point on the original para mag when fully loaded.

Eye Cutter
09-21-2004, 17:47
Magkasing haba mecgar and the Para mag tubes?

I think the square springs work better bec. they compress upon themselves. Siguro, bili ka na lang ng extra power wolff's spring and cut so only 3 coils protrude out the tube.

When I was using a Bul M5 for Standard division, I use mecgar mags with +2 TP pads, kasya 15rds nang .45

jasonub
09-21-2004, 20:38
when i was still using a para mag for my 45 then 40 cal, and had reliability problems, i replaced it with wolff +10%, i did not cut coils though and got 18 on my 40, the 45 capacity i never did remember.

Hermo Gut
09-21-2004, 22:29
Magkasing haba mecgar and the Para mag tubes?

Eye cutter - yes sir, magkasing haba lang yung Para P14.45 and Mecgar 13 rounder mag, 2mm lang difference. I have both nickel finish.

Jun - I wonder why you cannot load 14rnds to your P14 mags. When I bought my P14.45Ltd it was really hard to load up to 14 using my bare hands. I bought a speedloader and was able to fill the mags up to 14 rnds (with the original magspring).I have three nickel plated mags & one blue mag, all original. I also have the Mecgar nickel plated 13 rounder mag and all seem to work fine.

I'm now using Wolff +10% spring in all of my mags. I also have the original Para +1 mag base,Grams & Dawson.As of now, I haven't experience any problem with my mags except during the installed orig. magspring , guess I'm just lucky. ;)

BTW, at 25T for your Para, I'll be knocking at your door early in the morning.;f Had a hunch that you're just kidding, puwede rin sir totohanin.;)

9MX
09-21-2004, 22:53
Originally posted by Hermo Gut
... BTW, at 25T for your Para, I'll be knocking at your door early in the morning.;f Had a hunch that you're just kidding, puwede rin sir totohanin.;)

30K naman yun dre, at 25k hindi na ako mag-aantay ng umaga;f

Hermo Gut
09-21-2004, 23:35
Ay oo nga. Naka set na kasi mind ko at 25T.Sige na nga at 30T.;f

Pahabol, yung Grams base pad ko 18 rounds yung capacity and yung Dawson na nakakabit sa Mecgar tube using Wolffs 10% ay 16 round capacity (.45cal.).;)

Vault Keeper
09-21-2004, 23:55
I have two nickel magazine for my P14 and can fit 14 rounds, hirap nga lang ilagay. You have to slam it hard..really hard!

Got myself two more mec-gar and replaced the base from TP. Now it can also accomodate 14 (parang 15 pa yata) rounds. I'm sure its just the spring...I remember a gentleman from final option saying that the springs of Para Ord can be use as "shock absorbers of small cars...;f ^b

jundeleon
09-22-2004, 00:58
Got myself two more mec-gar and replaced the base from TP. Now it can also accomodate 14 (parang 15 pa yata) rounds. I'm sure its just the spring...I remember a gentleman from final option saying that the springs of Para Ord
Vault Keeper,
When you installed the TP base pad on the mec-gar mags, did you make any other alterations on the mag or base pad to make it function in the Para P14?
I also have two TP base pad (black, aluminum)for my two mecgar mags. But once installed on the mecgar mags, the mags wouldn't fit the gun. It seems the mag catch doesnt contact the mag notch.

Puro problema, my para, oh my.

Trade in ko na lang kaya ito for a .38 armscor revolver maski second hand.

jasonub
09-22-2004, 01:02
now i remember, on the 45 it was 16 rounds, i was using wolff plus 10 percent uncut. and a plus 2 basepad that will fit the ipsc box.

same with the 40, but it will hold 18.

both setups are easy to reload with and never had a mag related jam using this setup.

mc_oliver
09-22-2004, 01:08
Vault Keeper,
When you installed the TP base pad on the mec-gar mags, did you make any other alterations on the mag or base pad to make it function in the Para P14?
I also have two TP base pad (black, aluminum)for my two mecgar mags. But once installed on the mecgar mags, the mags wouldn't fit the gun. It seems the mag catch doesnt contact the mag notch.

Mey magwell ka ba dre? Baka sumasabit TP pads somewhere sa magwell. Yung TP BP's ko dati ang dami ko'ng binawas sa upper front bago nag fit sa magwell ko.

batangueno
09-22-2004, 01:32
There are 2 kinds of TP basepads. When i bought mine they asked me first if i had an S&A magwell or not, sabi ko meron so they gave me a different set.

My P16 before would slidelock with one round remaining in all my magazines. After I changed them to wolff extra power mag springs ok na lahat. Pero yung isa nagloloko na naman baka kailangan palitan ko ulit.

Vault Keeper
09-22-2004, 03:23
Vault Keeper,

Actually when I got my first TP base, they gave me the correct one (for P14), the next purchase was different, our in-house range master/gunsmith have to file a sizeable amout of teh base just so the magazine catch will lock on the magazine:( For awhile there I thought I wasted money on the base pad...;Q

But if you have installed a a magwell (as mentioned by mc_oliver) I don't think this will fit

jundeleon
09-22-2004, 03:24
mc_o

Wala sir ako magwell. My para is purely stock (except for engraved caricature of alicia mayer's chest sa front strap, pampatigas ng trigger finger and grip). Siguro, tabasan ko na lang yun base pad using a dremel tool para mag fit.

btw, how much is the wolff +10% mag springs?

Eye Cutter
09-22-2004, 05:11
dalhin mo sa shop ni TP sa baco st. para siya na mag fit. or bring it to any gunsmith near you.

Mc_o: nakalimutan mo na yata yung order ko na basepads kay col. bayang!

wolff springs for para used to go for 450 each at stonghand.

jundeleon
09-22-2004, 12:47
I finally got the TONY PASCUAL base pads to work on my two mecgar mags. Both mags can now load 14 rounds.

What I did was grind the top part of the base pad using a sharpening stone until the mag notch positively locks on the mag catch.

It took time and a lot of manual effort but at least these are working now.

I dont know yet whether the two mecgar rounds would still feed reliably though. With the base pads in place, the empty mags dont hold the slide back.

I will try to buy +10 power springs just to make sure.

mc_oliver
09-22-2004, 18:18
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Mc_o: nakalimutan mo na yata yung order ko na basepads kay col. bayang!
Ay, forgot to mention it to you nung Sun, Doc. 'Di pala sya nagsa-stock ng BP's. Ginagawan lang yung mga mags kasama sa baril. Although, I forgot to ask how much kung magpapagawa..nge. Sige ask ko uli. :)

jundeleon
10-06-2004, 11:22
Finally, pumasok na rin yun 14 rounds sa original para magazine.
Maybe lumambot na spring.