PDA

View Full Version : more para ord questions

jundeleon
09-22-2004, 07:49
May I solicit your suggestions on the following items for my Para P14LTD:

1. trigger
2. steel mag catch
3. beavertail (no memory groove)

Can you recommend brand and indicate suggested retail price? There seems to be too many 1911 parts out there, local and imported, and sales people at gunshops just dont know much about what they are selling.

Eye Cutter
09-22-2004, 09:46
high grip beavertail - why'd you want to change it? di ba naka beavertail na Limited?

Allegra
09-22-2004, 09:49
Metrillos on all the parts, mura maganda
If you can go to Bicol, Boy Tolentino is my fave

jundeleon
09-22-2004, 10:06
Eyecutter,

Yes naka beavertail. But the memory groove, or the hump that they say was put there to ensure positive activation of grip safety, is unconfortable during extended firing sessions. Meron ba beavertail na wala memory groove?

Allegra
09-22-2004, 10:13
I had mine pinned na .
Wala ako tiwala sa grip safety, ewan ko, abnormal ata yung kamay ko eh.

Eye Cutter
09-22-2004, 10:23
yep, i find the bump uncomfortable also. Since frame kit yung Para ko, I chose to put an ed brown high grip model w/o the memory groove. I also had it pinned like kay fafa allegra. Madali naman tanggalin yung pin.

pa grind off mo na lang sa gunsmith. kayang-kaya i-blend yun.

mbclubph
09-22-2004, 14:33
bakit mas mababa price ng urban sa p16.40 nila blue 62k less 10% pag cash and stainless 65k less 10% pag cash any diff. sa p16 ng nashe,twinpines,jethro,wsc???

ogiebb
09-22-2004, 15:55
i just whack the darn part off on all the guns we Build..you dont really need it for a race gun or competition gun...but if it was for carry ide think twice..(legal issues)

Hermo Gut
09-22-2004, 17:18
May I solicit your suggestions on the following items for my Para P14LTD:

1. Trigger - I installed Kings Lightweight trigger (black, w/ 3 holes). Probably around 2T.

2. Steel Magcatch - Ed Brown SS magcatch for Para, around 2.5T. I saw one at PB mas mura 2T.

3. Beavertail - Wilson combat high ride beavertail. Around 3.5T sa Final Option MCS.With hump, easy to grind off (make flat).

Isa pa Pards, palitan mo rin yung barrel bushing. Para's barrel bushing is crap. EGW barrel bushing (angled thick flanged, .580in ),almost drop in na (konting filing & liha lang) pero very tight yung fit, match fit sa barrel & slide.Around $30 online sa EGW, pag-order mo kuha ka na rin nang 1911 sear sa kanila, super hard (the hardest so far, around 56Rc ).;)

Eye Cutter
09-22-2004, 17:21
ang urban daw di member ng AFAD so they can price their iterms much as they want. so usually mas mababa kesa sa mga AFAD member stores.

jasonub
09-22-2004, 20:11
afad is a monopoly, kaya ang mahal ng mga baril natin:soap:

Hermo Gut
09-22-2004, 20:57
jasonub afad is a monopoly, kaya ang mahal ng mga baril natin

;1 ;1 ;1 ;B

paltik45
09-22-2004, 21:52
Originally posted by jundeleon
Eyecutter,

Yes naka beavertail. But the memory groove, or the hump that they say was put there to ensure positive activation of grip safety, is unconfortable during extended firing sessions. Meron ba beavertail na wala memory groove?

Sir grinder at kikil(file) lang ang katapat nyan. Then sand it down with 600 to 800 grit sand paper. If its made from stainless steel rub it with a metal polish for the smooth appearance.;)

9MX
09-23-2004, 19:03
Originally posted by paltik45
Sir grinder at kikil(file) lang ang katapat nyan. Then sand it down with 600 to 800 grit sand paper. If its made from stainless steel rub it with a metal polish for the smooth appearance.;)

Now that is a job for.............guess who yahoo?!;f

Eye Cutter
09-23-2004, 19:26
yes! ibigay mo kay mc_olikot! yakang-yaka n'ya yan!

mc_oliver
09-23-2004, 20:21
Ano ba'ng pinag-uusapan nyo rito? Para'ng mey na-aamoy ako'ng metal shavings. ;f;f

1. Trigger - consider the inter-changeable inserts ng SV. No personal experience yet on this part but the concept makes for a perfect trigger. Or the STI gunsmith trigger tulad nung SPS ni Judge.

2. Mag catch - Ed brown. Consider also the type na tap and drilled na. Baka later on you might decide to get a button. Or better yet, buy the one that already has a button.

3. Beavertail - what everybody said about the hack..este, removal of the bump. At this point I'm guessing you'd want it pinned, right?

;)

jjserv
09-27-2004, 00:21
Hi Bogs:

What is your comment on Para's power extractor of the 2004 models? Do you think its worth the additional 8-10K cost when compared with the 2003 version? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

batangueno
09-27-2004, 00:30
The regular extractor on my old Para works great but it did loose its tension after quite a number of rounds (sorry i don't keep count:)). The only drawback from the Power Extractor that i can see is that you'd have a problem finding a replacement if it ever breaks. Hindi katulad ng regular extractor na madaling makahanap ng kapalit.

jjserv
09-27-2004, 00:48
I agree Paul. It seems Para's decision to upgrade to the power extractor has a significant "business" slant to it. I bet it can be hard to find and expensive too. :( Thanks!

mc_oliver
09-27-2004, 01:25
Dre, kung gusto mo power extractor, I suggest you get the aftec. If not, Ed Brown or Wilson is more than sufficient assuming your 1911 timing doesn't let the bullet over-run the claw. Kung gusto mo talaga mura for something to experiment with, Armscor. Akin until now buhay pa rin. ;);f

Eye Cutter
09-27-2004, 17:01
i think the power extrasctor is a copy of the aftec design. i've had problems with the Para extractors in my Para P16-40 and my Para LDA. i've had failure to extract in both. it's a good habit to check the extractor tension everytime you field strip.

get a brass shell and slide it under the claw. it should not fall out even with a vigorous shake of the slide. if the tension is loose, remove the extractor, place atop a flat surface (wood) and tap the middle of the extractor with a plastic or brass mallet. it has a round impression so you know where to hammer it. re-install and check again.

ogiebb
09-27-2004, 17:23
aftec are the best ..pag medyo sumasablay na springs lang ang katapat...

Vault Keeper
09-28-2004, 02:59
Originally posted by batangueno
The regular extractor on my old Para works great but it did loose its tension after quite a number of rounds (sorry i don't keep count:)). The only drawback from the Power Extractor that i can see is that you'd have a problem finding a replacement if it ever breaks. Hindi katulad ng regular extractor na madaling makahanap ng kapalit.

Sir, try to get in touch with Caroline Crowford (Para Ord Websit for the email add) and request for a replacement of your extractor. Its FOC :) .

doctabako
09-28-2004, 04:24
Originally posted by ogiebb
aftec are the best ..pag medyo sumasablay na springs lang ang katapat...

Same here. I like them so much I bought a replacement and some extra springs to eliminate the downtime in the unlikely event that it does give me problems.

jasonub
09-28-2004, 06:04
i bought the aftec and it has 2 extra springs i think it might get lost more than exhausting spring tension.

btw dont compress the springs anymore, just drop the sucker in and your ready to rock

jjserv
09-28-2004, 06:24
Have any of you seen any NIB US-Brand Single Stack 1911s available from local gunshops? Aside from Nashe, is there any local supplier carrying Kimber/Colt? It seems very limited yung availability here.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks! :) :)

Hermo Gut
09-28-2004, 06:32
Originally posted by jjserv
Have any of you seen any NIB US-Brand Single Stack 1911s available from local gunshops? Aside from Nashe, is there any local supplier carrying Kimber/Colt? It seems very limited yung availability here.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks! :) :)

Mayroon. Try mo pards sa Hahn Manila & P.B.Dionisio. Colt brand carry nila.;)

Hermo Gut
09-28-2004, 06:37
Originally posted by doctabako
Same here. I like them so much I bought a replacement and some extra springs to eliminate the downtime in the unlikely event that it does give me problems.

Puwede ba Aftec extractor sa Para Ord (P14.45)? Kailangan siguro tanggalin yung firing pin block mechanism kasi pang true 1911 lang yata siya.

jjserv
09-28-2004, 06:58
Originally posted by Hermo Gut
Mayroon. Try mo pards sa Hahn Manila & P.B.Dionisio. Colt brand carry nila.;)

Do they still produce Colt 1911s in the US? I heard from somewhere that they have stopped producing this na. Heard wrong cguro...

Thanks for the info Hermo G!;f