hunting trips in rp [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : hunting trips in rp

jundeleon
09-23-2004, 11:28
Does anybody go on hunting trips here in the philippines? Are there tour operators here which package trips to exotic places where you can shoot some game? It would be interesting to shoot at targets apart from target boards steel plates once in a while.

vega
09-23-2004, 12:31
There are lots of good hunting places in the Phil but the problem is your hunting operator/guides are mostly Nice People Around. I heard once from my friend that the guides "natipuhan" his rifle and was asking to leave it with them and he can "borrow" it everytime he comes back to hunt.

vega

9MX
09-23-2004, 18:33
i don't know of any hunting operators, but my father-in-law goes hunting almost every weekend at the rizal area with his shotgun. He made friends in the local area, bought additional shotguns the he loans to these guys so that they will accompany him:)

Hermo Gut
09-23-2004, 18:55
Delikado. Baka ikaw pa maging game item. Maiinit mata nang marami sa magandang rifle or any firearm for that matter.Isa pa halos ubos na hunting game dito sa atin, tao na nga hinahunting.;a

Eye Cutter
09-23-2004, 19:32
winter is coming up, mirgration path ang pinas nang mga ibon fleeing the cold season in mainland Asia. My brothers and Uncle used to shoot ducks, snipe, tagak and other species in Pampanga and Nueva Ecija. Minsan lang ako nakasama kasi tamad ako gumising nang madaling araw!

Meron mga nag-specialize sa Pampanga nang airgun that shoots lead shots using cut-off 38.special shells. Ang galeng! parang yung JBC air rifle with built in air tank.

mc_oliver
09-23-2004, 20:14
dre, rent ka ng room fronting the Avenida-LRT area. Marami ka masa-snipe dun na two-legged game. ;f

Seriuosly, hirap ngayon pumunta sa bundok as has been mentioned. Another alternative is kung mey kaibigan kayo'ng mey fish pond. Dun kayo pede mamaril. ;)

bass one
09-23-2004, 20:25
Hunting tour package - NONE! Do it at your own risk. I think hunting is generally illegal in our beloved country, hindi lang napapatupad. Just know which are considered "game" and which are on the watchlist. If you are interested to know which ones are gamebirds and which ones aren't, I suggest get a copy of the book "Philippine birds" by DuPont. Happy hunting!:cool:

revo
09-23-2004, 20:29
Originally posted by mc_oliver
dre, rent ka ng room fronting the Avenida-LRT area. Marami ka masa-snipe dun na two-legged game. ;f

Ayaaannn.....hunting ng pinakamagandang hayup sa balat ng lupa...
lols !

Seriously though, is it practical for someone who is not local to the hunting area i.e who actually lives there, do this ?

Kung hindi Nice People Around, Al-Qaeda ang papansin sa yo.

bass one
09-23-2004, 20:45
Seriously though, is it practical for someone who is not local to the hunting area i.e who actually lives there, do this ?
You have to survey the area first and establish contacts before going in.

Kung hindi Nice People Around, Al-Qaeda ang papansin sa yo.
Had a couple of close encounters with Nice People Around in our province back in the early 90's when I used to go hunting big games with my group. Nagagawa naman mag-iwasan as long as may point man na nauuna (in stealth mode - aeta) and he forewarns us of the location and/or direction of these nice people...adds to the thrill of hunting if I may say. ;f

jundeleon
09-23-2004, 22:35
Muka nga mahirap hunting sa gubat o bundok for security reasons. baka nga makidnap at ma-rape pa tayo.

My uncle who works for fields and forests gun store used to go on weekend trips to some areas in bulacan. But dala lang nila nun were airguns. Game included bayawak and different species of birds.

Mabuti pa manghunting na lang ng gubat at bundok sa pegasus o legende o heartbeat. Dapat mga ibon natin buhayin at hindi patayin!

Alexii
09-23-2004, 22:43
Originally posted by jundeleon
Mabuti pa manghunting na lang ng gubat at bundok sa pegasus o legende o heartbeat. Dapat mga ibon natin buhayin at hindi patayin!

;z ;z ;z

antediluvianist
09-24-2004, 00:47
Last time I went hunting was in some remote islands off Palawan. Hunted for Tabon birds, herons, monkeys, bats, bayawaks. In most parts of the Philippines, it's hard to find places where you don't have to worry where your bullet will land if/when you miss. Too many people .

rhino465
09-24-2004, 04:31
Is "Nice People Around" a euphemism for some specific group of people?

Eye Cutter
09-24-2004, 05:33
rhino: NPA = New People's Army. The armed group of the communist party of the philippines. they still can't swallow the fact that their chosen form of governance doesn't work at all!

cebuboy
09-24-2004, 07:47
Originally posted by jundeleon
Does anybody go on hunting trips here in the philippines? Are there tour operators here which package trips to exotic places where you can shoot some game? It would be interesting to shoot at targets apart from target boards steel plates once in a while.

a friend of mine says that there is a place in bohol where you can legally hunt wild ducks, i think the name of the place is cugtong. a hunting permit is required which the local police will gladly issue:)

Allegra
09-24-2004, 19:00
Maawa na kayo sa ating natural resources, nauubos na!
In fairness, iba talaga pakiramdam pumatay
Nakaka addik :)
I shoot labuyo at my cousins place sa bundok ng bataan with my fave hunting gun ( taurus 85 :)) , pero I eat it naman

bass one
09-24-2004, 21:57
I shoot labuyo at my cousins place sa bundok ng bataan with my fave hunting gun ( taurus 85 ) , pero I eat it naman That should be the rule. Eat what you hunt and don't hunt more than what you can possibly eat.

jmy
09-25-2004, 01:20
My first cousin used to go hunting for wild boar somewhere in Bataan.At the same time,he also brings food to feed the town's people there.According to him,some of the them are also armed with guns pero mababait naman daw sila.There are times when they even retrieve the wild boars that my cousin has shot for him.In fact,aside from the food that my cousin brings for the town's people,once in a while,he leaves the wild boar that he has shot for them to eat.

jmy

cebuboy
09-25-2004, 07:32
Originally posted by Allegra
I shoot labuyo at my cousins place sa bundok ng bataan with my fave hunting gun ( taurus 85 :)) , pero I eat it naman

pardon my ignorance, whats a labuyo??

Eye Cutter
09-25-2004, 08:13
wild rooster

jerrytrini
09-25-2004, 08:28
Someone please tell me why wild roosters are oftenly seen/hunted but not the wild chickens? I thought I have seen all the wild animals of Zambales mountains,I have yet to come upon a wild hen.

Eye Cutter
09-25-2004, 08:46
i guess it's harder to spot the wild hens with their drab color which blends better with the undergrowth.

the labuyo's colorful feathers are easier to spot plus they roost atop high branches

Eye Cutter
09-25-2004, 08:51
are there still wild cattle in the zambales mountains? i had a patient who was telling me how they shot wild cattle with .308 rifles in the early 90's

i tried shooting snipe and wild ducks in pampanga once (shotgun)and i nearly lost my combat boots in the mud! wala pa ako tinamaan na ibon! hahaha!

jerrytrini
09-25-2004, 09:09
There are no wild cattle in Zambales. I have asked this question during my hunting trips. They say these herd may have gotten lost in the mountains and have adapted to the wild. Rumor has it that wild game is again plentiful in my province especially boar. Mario Montenegro and Tony Marzan (for those of you old timers)who were movie actors in the late fifties/early sixties hunted with us.

antediluvianist
09-25-2004, 19:29
"Someone please tell me why wild roosters are oftenly seen/hunted but not the wild chickens? I thought I have seen all the wild animals of Zambales mountains,I have yet to come upon a wild hen."

It could be, Jerry, that the females are just smarter.

;f

As for a hunting trip, let's all take our guns down to Congress and hunt them down like dogs.

Eye Cutter
09-25-2004, 19:49
An old chicken farmer noticed that his old rooster among his harem of hens, hasn't been too prolific lately so he decided to get a young male for his flock.

The old king didn't take it nicely that his queens will be taken away from him by this new rooster. He tells the new guy that if he can out run him around the coop, he'll gladly turn over his throne to him but since he's old, can the young one give him a bit head start!

So off they go around the chicken coop, the young rooster hot on the trails of the old cock! Then all of a sudden... kaboom!!! with a spray of tail feathers of the new guy all over the yard!

The farmer goes, "dang, that's the third gay rooster I got this month!"

Moral of the Story: Experience and Guile will Win over Youth and Bravado Everytime!!!

hahaha!!!!

;e

deenoh
09-25-2004, 20:02
Hahaha! ^6

vega
09-25-2004, 21:25
LOL ;a ;z

bass one
09-26-2004, 21:08
are there still wild cattle in the zambales mountains? i had a patient who was telling me how they shot wild cattle with .308 rifles in the early 90's Probably those that do not belong to the person hunting them are considered "wild" ;f

There are no wild cattle in Zambales. I have asked this question during my hunting trips. They say these herd may have gotten lost in the mountains and have adapted to the wild. Rumor has it that wild game is again plentiful in my province especially boar.Where in Zambales do you live? Our province is Cabangan and that's where we used to go hunting for big games.

It could be, Jerry, that the females are just smarter. Ahhh! Harry Belafonte at his best, "That's right! The woman is smarter!";f