View Full Version : Feedback on Taurus PT145
Hello BOGs. I have a friend who is offering his Taurus PT145 (45 cal, 10rds, 3.5" barrel) to me. I would like to seek your opinion re the following:
a) Any feedback on the reliability/quality of the Taurus range of pistols?
b) Any experinece with the PT145?
c) 45cal with a 3.5" barrel, would you consider for a back-up gun?
Thanks mga padre in advance.
I can't vouch for the PT145, but I have its younger brother, the PT111 in 9mm. Its the gun I brought along most of the time during the golden days of PTC.
* Long, heavy DAO trigger
* White dots on the sights fell out after a 100-round shooting session
* Magazines rattle when loaded with the maximum 10 rounds
* As with all compacts, the pinky finger of the shooting hand doesn't have that much grip to work with
* Has a thinner profile than a G26
* External safety plus DAO trigger mean lesser chance of a negligent discharge, especially when using pocket carry or other non-traditional modes of concealment
* Second strike capability because its DAO
* Haven't broken anything on it yet, but I have less than 1,000 rounds through it
* Haven't had a misfire with it yet, shooting a variety of FMJ and JHP ammo through it
Admittedly, this is one gun I carry a lot and don't shoot often, but I want to change that, just as soon as I find a gun club in the province that'll take me in :)
Try shooting it, dre. If you can stand it, tawaran mo agad. ;)
Thanks mga 'dre for your inputs. I gues I will try if it "feels" right.;) ;)
I have one until my sister got it from me (
so I can purchase another one.....) ;f ;f . I love the gun specially during those PTC days... easy to conceal, big bore, and accepts the magazine of my P14. Though the trigger is on the heavy side, but as the official gunsmisth of Trust Trade (Jun Tuason, siya ba yon mga sir?) why make it lighter if its for carry. Another thing I like about it is the second strike capability of the gun. No need to rack the slide again if the first pull will not ignite...
What I don't like....the grip! Its so sharp compared to the PT111:( Other than that... ITS OK!!! ^c
Just praying my sister wont't start asking about my G26 which she wanted to have in the first place;T ;T
Hope you won't mind, how much is the selling price?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.