trigger travel stop [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : trigger travel stop

jundeleon
09-26-2004, 00:38
My para ltd and usp tactical both have trigger travel stops.
Does this device/system have any practical use? What harm could a few millimeters of trigger overtravel can do to your shooting?

Eye Cutter
09-26-2004, 05:15
wala naman. bibilis splits mo. kasi tumatagal lang yung return ng trigger to reset for the next shot. umaatras pa trigger mo after the hammer has been released

the over travel screw should be set at the point where your trigger releases the hammer. pag na set mo na, i-loctite mo na yung screw. pag gumagalaw, baka umikot pa and can cause a malfunction.

Hermo Gut
09-26-2004, 08:20
If you set your trigger's over travel screw to a point just after the sear release you'll probably end up shooting to the left most of the time, that is if you're not still an expert.Better to leave around .25in trigger travel, this will ensure better shooting consistency & accuracy.;) For HK USP, check and feel the hammer movement while pressing the trigger.If it feels rough, re-adjust the over travel screw.Hk's DA operation is quite sensitive to that screw adjustment. ;)

mc_oliver
09-26-2004, 19:37
Originally posted by jundeleon
My para ltd and usp tactical both have trigger travel stops.
Does this device/system have any practical use? What harm could a few millimeters of trigger overtravel can do to your shooting?
A lot!

If you'r a mild "grip milker", you can be generous in your over travel and allow the hammer to drop before the trigger hits the stop and you "milking the grip", causing your shot to go errant. ;)