Wounds + super glue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wounds + super glue

mc_oliver
09-27-2004, 01:14
I managed to drive the web of my hand into my beavertail really hard while clearing a stuck case. I now have a 5mm deep wound there.

Anybody tried the superglue treatment?

Napanood ko kasi 'to sa CSI tapos sa google also had lots of info about it.
:)

cznayr
09-27-2004, 02:50
Only athletes use that to immediately close the wound because as a rule you can't play if you have an open wound. Sabi ng mga doctors baka mainfect daw kaya mahirap gamitin yun pero the athletes use it often ala naman nangyayari masama..

batangueno
09-27-2004, 03:06
Ayos 'yan ah, you would glue your wound shut. ;f Nakita ko pinaka effective ointment yung bactroban (sp?). Works great on operation scar and tatoos. ;f

dbp
09-27-2004, 06:51
Mc_O if memory serves me right i think that kind of treatment originated in Vietnam as an immediate first aid.
I agree with batangueno, the bactroban works great. Its has been used by my wife in treating her patients. Even I use it.
Hope this helps;f

New_comer
09-27-2004, 07:06
Akala ko yung katulad ke Rambo2 na nagsunog siya ng isang bala sa abdominal wound nya. ;P

Sterilized na, instant shutoff pa ang bleeding nya! :cool: Parang glue na rin yun, di ba? ;)

agentrod
09-27-2004, 08:58
Yes I saw that once on TV, barefoot water ski'ers using that to close their (foot) wounds.

No side effects huh? Chemicals released by that stuff is nasty, irritates my eyes.

antediluvianist
09-27-2004, 09:04
Good for diarrhea too.

9MX
09-27-2004, 09:25
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Good for diarrhea too.

yeah, glues them up in one piece;f

bagito
09-27-2004, 11:04
dunno if HISTOACRYL is available dyan sa pinas, but this is the one
we are using specially for deep facial lacerations or any deep wound na hindi applicable subcutecular stitch para maiwasan suture marks. made by BRAUN MEDICAL. hope it helps

Eye Cutter
09-27-2004, 19:22
sure. cyanoacrylate is used in closing up lacerations. medical grade and sterile nga lang kelangan.

had a patient who accidentally squirted mighty bond inside her right eye. had to surgically remove and open up her eye as it glued her eyelid shut!

sir dbp: you're wifey is also a physician? what specialty? regarding the surefire light on your Rem 870, how'd you mount it? meron na ako nitrolon and pressure switch nabili. can't figure out how to mount it and where on the shotgun

jasonub
09-27-2004, 22:10
to be safe use something natural, biodegradable and readyly available.

kulangot lang ang katapat!!!!b;f do remove any hair before applyingb;f

julianz
09-28-2004, 08:27
Originally posted by jasonub
to be safe use something natural, biodegradable and readily available.

kulangot lang ang katapat!!!!b;f do remove any hair before applyingb;f

;z ;z ;z ;z

seriously i wouldnt use glue to patch my wounds

most glue/adhesives contain hazardous chemicals that can cause skin irritation , blindness etc...some emits formaldehyde( formalin) fume and trust me i work with formalin a relly nasty stuff can cause cancer.

check this site for details http://www.henkelcamsds.com/pdf/01-81502.pdf

mikol
09-28-2004, 08:47
Originally posted by 9MX
yeah, glues them up in one piece;f

good idea 9mx. i'll try to use it sometime.~1 ;i

mc_oliver
09-28-2004, 20:32
Whew! Sinubukan ko but it's far more trouble to keep your fingers from getting glued together than to patch up the wound. Band aid na lang nilagay ko. ;f

Good discussion guys. :)

dbp
09-29-2004, 11:10
Eyecutter yes my wife is a pediatrician. I have mounted a tac light in my Rem 870 by attaching it to the side saddle hopefully if I'm not busy with my 2 mo. old son I could see you guys at d range. ;)

horge
09-29-2004, 18:54
Too tired to retype what I posted at THR back in January ;f,
so... check it out if please...

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57795&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

mc_oliver, otc superglue will give you methyl toxicity and the alcohol induced heat of curing may burn tissue. Furthermore, as you noted, application's a biatch. Dermabond (octyl cyanoacrylate) is flexible, rather than brittle as otc superglue.

As a spray application, field-suture grade cyanoacrylate works.
Ask Vietnam veteran medics...

Alexii
10-03-2004, 07:54
In bowling, we use this clear liquid applied with a small brush called "skin patch" to temporarily seal peeled skin of the fingers. Dries and seals almost instantly. The only downside is that it hurts like hell when applied. So its popular use is to apply the solution beforehand to where the skin usually breaks.