Abs of steel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Abs of steel

mikey177
09-27-2004, 09:37
How do you develop abdominal muscles? Okay, so maybe abs of steel is a bit too high a mark right now, but how do I at least firm up my stomach area so I don't get too embarassed when I put on a pair of trunks :)

Any exercises or links to proven, doable workout techniques will be greatly appreciated.

9MX
09-27-2004, 09:46
Originally posted by mikey177
How do you develop abdominal muscles? Okay, so maybe abs of steel is a bit too high a mark right now, but how do I at least firm up my stomach area so I don't get too embarassed when I put on a pair of trunks :)

Any exercises or links to proven, doable workout techniques will be greatly appreciated.

i used to have them...but didn't we all at one time or another?:cool:

i'm also trying to bring it back, but you see, as years go buy, our metabolism slows down which leads to fat deposits on certain areas, and the tummy is one of the most prone to this.

though i have to show some results myself, i have seen people who developed their abs doing cardio exercises and avoiding........rice!;P

i use to play basketball with a guy in his early forty's. he had washboard abs, when asked what's his secret. he replied basketball and diet..no sugar, no rice, no oil;)

now if also want the feel of steel and not just the look, incorporate sit-ups, crunches, leg-raises in your cardio work-out. 1 hr cardio, 30 minutes ab work out..or:

take up jujitsu or triathlon or yoga but whatever it is...eliminate rice! go for the kamote/itlog (whites) diet!;z

mikey177
09-27-2004, 09:54
9MX,

I have to wonder... is it rice per se that is the culprit here, or could it be the oily foods that we eat along with rice? I look at the Japanese and the Vietnamese who also eat rice as a staple food, and they don't seem to get fuller at the belly. But I'll give it a try... and hirap lang kasi i-resist yung cooking ng biyenan ko, sarap :)

Also, I do sit-ups, but I don't know how many reps or how frequently I should do them. Now at least I have a goal, 30 minutes of ab work or until I pass out, whichever comes first ;Q

Allegra
09-27-2004, 19:07
Pards,pinaka mahirap at pimaka mabagal yan
I bust my ass everyday sa training pero malaki pa rin chan ko hehehe
But it used to be 37 now it's 34 na
Hindi pwede situps lang ( hurts the back pa), I can do 200 reps pero all that ab muscles are still hidden beneath the bilibil
You've got to make tunaw the bilbil with aerobic exercise
Exercise na you will enjoy like badminton , tennis etc that you can do for at least an hour and a half
Personally, pinaka effective sakin is running ( 10kms , 4x a week ) of course I still swim a kilometer a day also ( pero malaki pa rin chan ko waaah)
Avoid rice bread ( lahat ng may starch ), at sugar ( softdrinks ).
Drink lots of water,eat your veggies and avoid bad fats
Para bumilis metabolism, do 2hrs of your prefered aerobic exercise before breakfast
Sigurado ubos taba mo

Ako, tumigil nalang ako katitingin sa salamin

mikey177
09-28-2004, 00:18
Yes, I know its going to be difficult to burn those fatty tissues, but it isn't impossible. As mc_o says in his sigline, "Rid your mind of CAN'T." :)

antediluvianist
09-28-2004, 00:28
Get an "Abdomenizer" (that blue plastic thing that you lie on). It helps to do situps properly. Otherwise you might be just building up your thighs. Don't know where they are sold now - try the sports stores. They work pretty well. Not expensive.

batangueno
09-28-2004, 00:42
Kain ka ng sobrang madami, kita mo titigas ang tyan mo. ;f

bass one
09-28-2004, 00:57
Allegra is right in all aspects. Sit-ups won't do it. It will only hurt your back. Crunches are much better especially after a strenuous exercise so as to loosen those fatty deposits first.

I am also doing my best to "redefine" my abs but I never practice dieting. It's against my religion.;f

kristiansen
09-28-2004, 08:00
eat lugaw (rice porridge) at least once a day,skip sodas,exercise regularly,don't sit forever at work! BTW,you'll be surprised how many hours you spend sitting in a day!

mikey177
09-28-2004, 09:06
Thanks for the input, guys, but I think I like batangueno's suggestion the best... at least it made me laugh the hardest :)

darwin25
09-28-2004, 18:04
Originally posted by batangueno
Kain ka ng sobrang madami, kita mo titigas ang tyan mo. ;f ;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

DA_NINJA
09-28-2004, 18:17
pambihira.....di six pack ang kalalabasan ng abs mo kundi keg or barrel ;a

mc_oliver
09-29-2004, 04:42
Mikey, mey balak ka ba'ng mag model? Kung wala, beach shorts na lang instead of trunks. ;f

Seriously, crunches are good and there are lots of variations to be able to hit all the abs muscle groups. They work great in defining the cuts but you probably need to have close to zero % body fat for them to be visible. Baka pede mo ma-achieve yan sa jogging and a strict food diet.

Personally, the concept looked good nung college pa ako. The time when GF's and porma mattered. Haay, ngayon, ang sarap kumain at uminom. And GF's doesn't seem to be a problem kung mey datung ka. Fortunately for my wife, ubos datung ko sa bisyo ng baril. ;f;f

mikey177
09-29-2004, 06:06
mc_o, no, starting a modelling career isn't in my "To-Do" list. I just feel that a smaller tummy will help me conceal a handgun better when I carry IWB. Plus, I feel the holster and gun will leave less impressions on my skin if I'm a bit slimmer :)

antediluvianist
09-29-2004, 06:12
"I just feel that a smaller tummy will help me conceal a handgun better when I carry IWB."

Yes, that's one way to carry. But...(or "butt") if you just fatten-up your ass - very easy to do - then you can carry in your crack.

ogiebb
09-29-2004, 06:20

kapag kasing tigas na ng forehead ko ang tiyan ko..dun lang ako titigil kumain;f ;f .....dati may mga pandesal ako sa tiyan ngayon MOnay na...

Allegra
11-10-2004, 08:53
This is a very old thread pero.....Yahooo!! Wala nako beer belly!!
Credit goes to running
Ang lakas makapayat talga, I have to eat a lot more kahit taba at pastries or else nagmumuka nako addik.
Interestingly, I've lost a lot of fat pero my weight is still the same at 200lbs. ( and kulay uling na rin ako :))

Hey, Mikey, kamusta , how did you do pards?

zorkd
11-10-2004, 19:12
i haven't touched rice in like over a month, still no change though, still 212 lbs.

sugar is harder to wean away from, at least for me.

rice i did cold turkey.

oh yeah, you can actually have well formed abs, if you train for them, but it doesn't show because of the layer of fat over it.

antediluvianist
11-10-2004, 19:30
"Interestingly, I've lost a lot of fat pero my weight is still the same at 200lbs."

To the extent that fat is replaced by muscle , weight might even increase, because muscle is of course more dense than fat. In the days when I used to go to a gym, my trainer used to tell me not to be concerned about weight, just to remove body fat. If a person is really obese, the removal of EXCESS body fat will produce a reduction in weight. If a person is not obese, the muscle-building effect of exercise might increase weight.

Good luck, guys. If you can keep it up for a year, bilib ako sa iyo.

paltik45
11-10-2004, 19:42

Yup tiyak na kasing tigas at tambok ng balugbog ng pagong ang tiyan mo;f ;a

New_comer
11-10-2004, 21:50

Any exercises or links to proven, doable workout techniques will be greatly appreciated. Ah...

Then we have to eat a lot and increase the dimension of our abs, thereby increasing their iron content.

Pig iron nga laang... hehehe ;)

mikey177
11-11-2004, 07:24
Originally posted by Allegra
This is a very old thread pero.....Yahooo!! Wala nako beer belly!!....

Hey, Mikey, kamusta , how did you do pards?

Good for you, sir.

Me, I haven't touched a drop of beer in over a month. Sigh, I guess I'll be drinking iced tea at the BoG Anniv ;Q

I can feel my abdominal muscles getting a bit firmer, but there is still that confounded layer of fat that won't go away. Maybe I need to go to a sauna ;f

Allegra
11-11-2004, 09:40
Originally posted by zorkd
i haven't touched rice in like over a month, still no change though, still 212 lbs.

sugar is harder to wean away from, at least for me.

rice i did cold turkey.

oh yeah, you can actually have well formed abs, if you train for them, but it doesn't show because of the layer of fat over it.

Have patience dude, ganyan din ako sa simula parang wala nangyayari
Nagawa ko 6 months wala rice and bread
Pinapalayas na nga ako sa bahay kasi ang lakas ko daw kumain ng ulam
walk/run for 30 min at least 4x a week before breakfast

Allegra
11-11-2004, 09:46
Good for you, sir.

Me, I haven't touched a drop of beer in over a month. Sigh, I guess I'll be drinking iced tea at the BoG Anniv ;Q

I can feel my abdominal muscles getting a bit firmer, but there is still that confounded layer of fat that won't go away. Maybe I need to go to a sauna ;f

Run pre :)it works
Buy a book about running, buy new balance running shoes and outfit , his and her's ( the wife syempre )
In 6 months time, you've lost weight bibilis pa times mo sa IDPA matches w/out sacrificing accuracy

CarlosDJackal
11-11-2004, 15:34
I had them back when I ran 4 miles a day (while in the Army).

FAlvar
11-11-2004, 21:07
Almost 39 here.

I do alot of flutter kicks, hello dollys and crunches. 200 push ups everyday. I also run about 3 to 4 miles 5 times a week. I eat rice maybe once or twice a week and I avoid sugars. This is how I keep the middle age bulge at bay.

http://www.southbaybikes.com/frankieinwhites

Eye Cutter
11-11-2004, 23:10
Jefe Bong, nasaan na yung pasalubong ko? ;f

mikey177
11-12-2004, 00:41
Originally posted by Allegra
Run pre :)it works...

Yes, I've thought about running, but its quite intimidating running here in the province when there are Victory bus liners and 18-wheeler trucks whizzing by and stray dogs running after you ;P

I do brisk walking almost every day, but only around 3km worth. When I find a safe place to run, I'll get immersed in it. Till then, its just sit-ups, push-ups and dumbbells for me :)

FAlvar
11-12-2004, 02:55
Alvin,

Me boga yung F18. 20 mm pa! Pero garantisadong Major PF ang loading nito. Sa laki ng bala puro A-zone ka!

Problema lang eh walang available na holster;e

Ikakahon ko na ba?:)

Allegra
11-12-2004, 08:53
Yes, I've thought about running, but its quite intimidating running here in the province when there are Victory bus liners and 18-wheeler trucks whizzing by and stray dogs running after you ;P

I do brisk walking almost every day, but only around 3km worth. When I find a safe place to run, I'll get immersed in it. Till then, its just sit-ups, push-ups and dumbbells for me :)

Yung brisk walk mo, alternate it with a s;ow jog
Yung pace should be fast enough for perspiration but slow enough for conversation
If delikado ang roads, try it off road , sa mga established trails.
Besides It's easier on the knees to run off road.
Anyway, if you do decide to try it, get a book, madami pala kaliangan malaman. It doesnt have to be painful nor boring

batangueno
11-14-2004, 22:54
Mikey, bakit hindi mo subukan mag-bike. Madami bikers dyan sa Pangasinan di ba.

mikey177
11-16-2004, 07:01
Mikey, bakit hindi mo subukan mag-bike. Madami bikers dyan sa Pangasinan di ba.

My wife is vehemently opposed to my using anything with only two wheels on our national highways. They get ER cases every week that involve bicycle, motorcycle or tricycle riders being hit (often fatally) by speeding trucks, buses and what not.

kristiansen
11-16-2004, 09:03
look for a not so crowded subdivision near your place or a cemetery.if cemetery,do you thing in the morning coz funerals are usually in the afternoon.;c

mc_oliver
11-16-2004, 19:36
Originally posted by kristiansen
look for a not so crowded subdivision near your place or a cemetery.if cemetery,do you thing in the morning coz funerals are usually in the afternoon.;c
Besides, the dead sleep in the morning and only party at night. ;f

homogenizer
11-16-2004, 20:12
Hey sign up in SWAG! Liliit tyan mo, iitim ka pa! ;e

mikey177
11-16-2004, 20:31
Okay, pardon my ignorance, but what is "SWAG"?

9MX
11-16-2004, 22:32
Special Warfare Action Group ata

homogenizer
11-17-2004, 08:42
Special Warfare Group of our Philippine Navy ;f pinoy version of US Navy SEALS ;e

antediluvianist
11-17-2004, 08:50
The best way to lose weight fast is DIARRHEA! To simulate it, drink "Bigerli" or "Sinoman" or one of those "reducing" teas. They contain I-forget-what-it's-called some ingredient that makes you go-go. (You will also wash out a lot of good stuff though - potassium and such.)

Then there are prunes.;g