motorcycle question... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle question...

ppts799
09-28-2004, 02:26
anyone here familiar with motorcycles? my family plans to purchase a cheap second hand motorcycle soon (parang pang messenger lang).

so what brand(s) are "matibay"? honda, kawasaki, yamaha, etc? but the price for a second hand should also be reasonable.

from what others have told me, yung ginagamit pang tricycle ang maganda at matibay. but i do not know the specs and the brand. phase out na ba ang 2 stroke? i was also told the new "scooter" looking bikes are nice to look at pero madali daw masira.

any feedback would be much appreciated (so we don't buy the wrong bike). thank you.;)

gunfool
09-28-2004, 02:48
Originally posted by ppts799
anyone here familiar with motorcycles? my family plans to purchase a cheap second hand motorcycle soon (parang pang messenger lang).

so what brand(s) are "matibay"? honda, kawasaki, yamaha, etc? but the price for a second hand should also be reasonable.

from what others have told me, yung ginagamit pang tricycle ang maganda at matibay. but i do not know the specs and the brand. phase out na ba ang 2 stroke? i was also told the new "scooter" looking bikes are nice to look at pero madali daw masira.

any feedback would be much appreciated (so we don't buy the wrong bike). thank you.;)

I have had a Honda Dream which I bought brand new 3 years back. I bought it as a gift to my father sa province. Matipid sa gas at hindi sirain. Hwag kang bibili nang mga gawang China at nagtutuklapan yung pintura agad. Besides I heard also na malambot yung mga parts. So any of the 3 brands you mention okay yan although mas prefered ko yung Honda kasi di mo na kelangan haluan ng 2T oil. Problem kasi sa may 2T mausok yung tambutso.

jmy
09-28-2004, 05:06
Originally posted by ppts799

ppts,
If the motorcycle is for you,make sure it has training wheels.

jmy

julianz
09-28-2004, 07:46

Sir Pio 4 stroke na ngayon uso no need for 2T mixture. kawasaki and susuki are well known for their power lalu na sa akyatan .for speed honda and yamaha..
kung pang harabas messenger service any of the choices above will do.
for second hand naman 2 strokes lang tyak makukuha mo also from the choices above ..sa Caloocan nagkalat ang bikes doon sir..madame ring parts.

as gunfool said dont buy the brands from china ..sinski clone of susuki..malambot ang bakal (frame)

ppts799
09-28-2004, 20:47
very good! thanks for the tips guys! ^c ;W

Taurus
09-28-2004, 21:26
Do not get the two-stroke motorcycles. They are being phased out of Metro Manila pursuant to the Clean Air Act. Ditto with the ones made in China. The metallurgy is terrible. I've seen a Harley wannabe almost broken in half due to poor metallurgy only after a year of use. Rust had eaten through the frame.

Scooters with the small knobby tires have engines that are too small for everyday use. Also, they have no transmission gears so the engine is overworked at times. As an alternative to a used motorcycle, consider the "low bone" type. These are the ones that are recently most seen in the streets of Metro Manila. They are a cross between the scooter and the "pang tricycle" motorcycles. They have their gas tanks located under the driver's seats, four-speed with no clutch, with tires about the size of the regular motorcycles. . They have bigger engines than scooters.

Whatever motorcycle you decide to buy, do consider some sort of security lock. Our firm has had four motorcycles stolen from our messengers in the last seven years.

v1ct0r
09-28-2004, 21:44
Originally posted by Taurus
As an alternative to a used motorcycle, consider the "low bone" type. These are the ones that are recently most seen in the streets of Metro Manila. They are a cross between the scooter and the "pang tricycle" motorcycles. They have their gas tanks located under the driver's seats, four-speed with no clutch, with tires about the size of the regular motorcycles. . They have bigger engines than scooters.

Honda wave po ba?

Taurus
09-28-2004, 22:44
Originally posted by v1ct0r
Honda wave po ba?

That's the one. I think Suzuki and Yamaha also sell them. There is a motorcycle repair shop in front of my mother's house. The people there say these types are relatively sturdy and reasonably priced.

gunfool
09-28-2004, 23:43
Originally posted by v1ct0r
Honda wave po ba? Yup, Honda Wave. Mine is the older model which is Honda Dream. If am not mistaken Dream is 100cc while Wave is 125. You can also visit any Motortrade (dealer) and check their reposessed unit which they sell cheap.

mc_oliver
09-29-2004, 02:30
Meron'ng bwiset na tricycle palaging nakabalandra sa harap ng gate namin once in a while. If you want I can give you my address and you can pick it up anytime, motorcycle, side car and all.:(

Fonzy
09-29-2004, 10:23
if you have time, try browsing from the following forums:

motorcyclephilippines.com

motorcycleasia.com

:cool:

ppts799
09-30-2004, 03:31
real big help guys. thank you very much!!! :) :)