Philippine Firearms Law [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Firearms Law

Teflon Willy
09-30-2004, 07:23
Just want to know.

Once you get your 'permit to carry', are you actually allowed to carry the gun in a belt holster or a IWB holster? Maybe I'm wrong but I think I heard somewhere that you are only allowed to carry the gun in a 'clutch bag' or any other bag and not actually 'wear' the gun using holsters.

Please clarify.

Thanks!

9MX
09-30-2004, 08:03
IIRC, any mode is ok as long as its concealed, i.e. not openly displayed to the public.

welcome to bogs;c

attyjpl
09-30-2004, 08:05
teflon willy,

on the contrary, you can carry your gun IWB or outside for as long as you conceal it from public view. i must advise that you avoid "printing" so that you will not arouse unnecessary attention from anyone, including law enforcement personnel.

of course, you can also carry it inside a clutch bag if you so desire.

the only disadvantage with a PTC is that you are prohibited from carrying your gun in places where people gather for political, religious, social, educational and recreational purposes such as in churches or chapels, carnival grounds or fairs, nightclubs, cabarets, cockpits, dance halls, dancing places during fiestas, movies, racetracks, and similar establishments.

mikey177
09-30-2004, 08:19
Originally posted by attyjpl
the only disadvantage with a PTC is that you are prohibited from carrying your gun in places where people gather for political, religious, social, educational and recreational purposes ...

Better get an LNL instead of a PTC, it has less restrictions :)

Kidding aside, the FED personnel who conducted a gun safety seminar that I attended a few years ago also mentioned that IWB carry was actually not an "approved" way of carrying as stipulated in the PTC guidelines. I found it rather odd at the time, but being new then to the world of guns, I didn't dispute the point with him.

attyjpl
09-30-2004, 08:59
what's LNL?

kristiansen
09-30-2004, 09:02
lakas ng loob.

julianz
09-30-2004, 09:56
Originally posted by kristiansen
lakas ng loob.

tama po..wag lang pahuhule.
you can open this site Teflon Willy http://www.pnp.gov.ph/downloads/download.htm

horge
09-30-2004, 17:57
My uncle told me about clutch bags once:

The reason dawthey were in vogue in the 70's-80's was that working people and polticos' bodyguards used to wear Barong Tagalog, and the near-translicent material (pinya or jusi or even superlight cotton) of the shirts made it IMPOSSEBLE to keep IWB/OWB carries from printing, and man, they would have printed very clearly.

So, clutch bags.
If you saw a guy in Barong Tagalog, with aviator dark shades and a clutch bag.... bodyguard yun, just like the ones surrounding Marcos and Imelda back in the day...

mikey177
10-01-2004, 07:45
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that the Barong Tagalog was actually a garment that the Spaniards ordered the Filipinos to wear to keep them from carrying concealed knives (bolos) on their person. Has anyone heard this theory?

Too bad they didn't have clutch bags in Rizal's day :)

jmy
10-01-2004, 08:26
Originally posted by mikey177
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that the Barong Tagalog was actually a garment that the Spaniards ordered the Filipinos to wear to keep them from carrying concealed knives (bolos) on their person. Has anyone heard this theory?

Too bad they didn't have clutch bags in Rizal's day :)

That may be true but I also heard that another reason why the Spaniards made Filipinos wear the Barong Tagalog was because it had no pockets and Filipinos had no use for pockets because they had no money during those times.By the way,I also don't know if this theory is true.

jmy

doctabako
10-01-2004, 09:27
Still another explanation I read somewhere is that Spaniards wore their shirts tucked and making the lowly indios wear their shirts untucked differentiated them.

bass one
10-01-2004, 20:23
Here's a link for more info re Baro ng Tagalog:

http://www.mybarong.com/whatsbarong.html#one

Alexii
10-01-2004, 21:14
Originally posted by mikey177

Heard the same story as well.

Modern Barongs (polo barongs) for office use are generally made with thicker and more opaque materials and therefore can be effectively used for concealed carry. Clearing and drawing would not be dissimilar to that of wearing a sweater, i.e. Hackathorn Rip, using the support hand to grab the part of the garment covering the pistol, yank it upwards, and draw the pistol.

Vault Keeper
10-07-2004, 21:36
Came across this article in Malaya News Paper this morning, people have been issued na pala! Is it as expensive as what is being asked here in MM?

ABRA MAYOR YIELDS UNLICENSED GUNS

Police raided house of Tineg, Abra Mayor Edwin Crisologo after he failed to surrender his fireamrs on the deadline set by PNP Chief Edgar Aglipay.

Chief Suptn. Rowland Albano, Cordillera Autonomous Region Police Director said they recovered from Crisologo 2 .45 caliber pistols, a .38 caliber revolver, assorted magazines and bullets.

Aglipay had cancelled all all permits to carry firearms outside residence issued to all Abra residents to maintain peace and order in the province. (Raymond Africa)

Any BOG member from Abra?