PTTs? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PTTs?

PMMA97
09-30-2004, 20:05
How does Permit To Transport to and from firing ranges work?
Is it true that it works like a PTCFOR but you can not actually carry the FA in CCW?
How long does the PTTs last? And is it really a good option when one decides to carry a weapon in a car?
I have been seeing postings but can never really grasp the meaning of the concept.Thanks to the group.

cznayr
09-30-2004, 20:17
It is way different from a PTC. firearms must be unloaded and the magazine and ammo kept in a different container.

It is only good for three months and your travel is limited from your house to the firing range/s listed in the PTT. LNL rin ang applicable if you want carry it loaded. Pag nahuli ka, malamang confiscated baril mo but I don't think they can charge you for illegal possession of firearms, violation of the provisions of the PTT lang. (sabi sa akin ng isang fiscal)

aztig
09-30-2004, 21:27
How and where you can secure PTT? what are the requirements? Correct me If Im wrong; gun clubs are the one usually process this things, but how about if your not a member of any?

Valor1
09-30-2004, 22:10
even if a gun club offers to process your PTT, you'll still need membership to a gun club (their own club of course). The PTT limits the travel from your house and to the accredited gun club stated on your PTT.

9MX
09-30-2004, 22:19
Originally posted by aztig
How and where you can secure PTT? what are the requirements? Correct me If Im wrong; gun clubs are the one usually process this things, but how about if your not a member of any?

you have to be a gunclub member as a justification for the ptt. reqmts are photocopy of your fa license, gun club id, and ppsa id (optional but membership=more firing ranges on your ptt)

aztig
09-30-2004, 23:13
Thanks Valor and 9MX both of you enligthen me

New_comer
10-01-2004, 01:41
Originally posted by 9MX
you have to be a gunclub member as a justification for the ptt. reqmts are photocopy of your fa license, gun club id, and ppsa id (optional but membership=more firing ranges on your ptt)

Not necessarily...

You can choose to shoot at a PNP-FED specially designated firing range upon payment of a P60 PTT fee for individuals. It only has a 7 day effectivity, enough for you to test your firearm and ammo. Three years ago, when I applied for individual PTT at FED, they listed the Crame shooting range only, to expire in a week. Never got to use it.

Sometimes in tournaments, the PTT comes with the registration, so malilibre ka na doon. Dapat lang early registrant ka, so you'll be bringing the paperwork with you when you do transport your gun to the tournament site. Last this happened was at the Ermita Cup. ;)

SMBeerDealer
10-01-2004, 05:09
One of the conditions of the PTT is that the gun is in a case in your trunk and the ammunition is in your glove box where you can also have a loaded magazine. In the absence of a trunk, i.e. SUV's, vans, pick-ups, etc, the gun should be in a locked case in the back seat. Some clubs practice their members on getting the loaded magazine and rushing to the trunk/getting the gun from the case and loading it so you know what you'll do in case of an ambush, etc. I've heard true stories of individuals who used their guns in self defense en route to/from the range carrying only a PTT and they were not charged with illegal possesion or discharge of firearms outside residence even without a PTCFOR.

You're allowed to detour only 1 km from your usual route from your house to the range and vice-versa. The only advantage to getting it through a gun club is that the validity is for three months (some are issued 6 months) and it can cover as many ranges as the club uses for practice. You wouldn't have to get a new PTT every time you want to go to a range. Have to have your FA License and Gun Club ID together with your PTT everytime though.

Hope my input is of some use and accurate. Feel free to correct any errors. :)

Valor1
10-01-2004, 10:15
Just a bit off-topic. What's the real deal with PTC's nowadays? IIRC, the PTC's are not allowed (or suspended and supported) by the Supreme Court? How come there are those who offer PTC's from P 11K-P15K? Are they faeks or what? Thanks.

9MX
10-01-2004, 12:20
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
One of the conditions of the PTT is that the gun is in a case in your trunk and the ammunition is in your glove box where you can also have a loaded magazine. In the absence of a trunk, i.e. SUV's, vans, pick-ups, etc, the gun should be in a locked case in the back seat. Some clubs practice their members on getting the loaded magazine and rushing to the trunk/getting the gun from the case and loading it so you know what you'll do in case of an ambush, etc. I've heard true stories of individuals who used their guns in self defense en route to/from the range carrying only a PTT and they were not charged with illegal possesion or discharge of firearms outside residence even without a PTCFOR.

You're allowed to detour only 1 km from your usual route from your house to the range and vice-versa. The only advantage to getting it through a gun club is that the validity is for three months (some are issued 6 months) and it can cover as many ranges as the club uses for practice. You wouldn't have to get a new PTT every time you want to go to a range. Have to have your FA License and Gun Club ID together with your PTT everytime though.

Hope my input is of some use and accurate. Feel free to correct any errors. :)

actually even without a ptt, you can't be charged with illegal possession if you're licensed to own an fa. you'd just be violating conditions of your license w/c can result to the confiscation of your fa. but that's better than jail time....where your ass is on the line (figuratively and sometimes literally;f )

attyjpl
10-02-2004, 13:44
Originally posted by Valor1
Just a bit off-topic. What's the real deal with PTC's nowadays? IIRC, the PTC's are not allowed (or suspended and supported) by the Supreme Court? How come there are those who offer PTC's from P 11K-P15K? Are they faeks or what? Thanks.

applications for PTC's have been going on since july of this year.

due to the spate of crimes involving firearms, pres. arroyo issued an executive order last year (?) revoking all issued PTC's. former solicitor general and senatorial loser frank chavez filed a petition in the supreme court questioning the legality of said executive order, contending, among others, that it is unconstitutional.

the high court struck down chavez's petition.

soon afterwards the PNP issued a new set of guidelines on the issuance of PTC's.

those who offer PTC's for 11k-15k are taking advantage of the situation since there are more requirements needed and the PNP is more "stricter" nowadays.

due to the volatile political and economic condition, IMHO it is not advisable to apply for a PTC since GMA might suspend or revoke it again. probably next year.

magtiis muna tayo sa PTT :)

Valor1
10-02-2004, 18:40
Ah thanks very much attyjpl. you just answered most of my queries. Hermo also advised me of the same. I thought there are new developments, wala pa rin pala. hay buhay.

9MX
10-02-2004, 22:30
in the meantime, lets practice our sprints as well as shifting from left to right while we're at it;a

PMMA97
10-03-2004, 18:30
How much does gun clubs averagely charge for PTT's?

deenoh
10-03-2004, 18:32
Originally posted by PMMA97
How much does gun clubs averagely charge for PTT's?

P460 from Armscor, 3 months validity, can be ready within 3 days of filing for your PTT