HTML experts, this time it's .GIFs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HTML experts, this time it's .GIFs

ysr_racer
10-01-2004, 18:12
Hi experts, how do I turn this gif into an automated gif that flies accross the top of my webpage page?

Here's my page: http://members.cox.net/ysr_racer

Thanks, brad

Anon1
10-01-2004, 18:50
Two easy ways:

1. Use Macromedia Flash to create the animation which will then require the Flash aware browser, or plugin, to play it on your page.

2. Use the free download GIF Construction Set or similar program to create an animated gif. You'll need to make the image much wider and full of white space, or background color, and then create several versions of that picture with the clay graphic part a little farther to the right in each subsequent image. Then use the GIFConSet to place these "cells" in order with some kind of delay in between them if you want.

I think that you should do #2.

Jtemple
10-01-2004, 18:59
I agree with #2. Flash is kind of overused these days.

ysr_racer
10-01-2004, 21:51
OK, I downloaded the GIF Construction Set. I used it to make the gif smaller and the back transparent.

So now do I make the gif as wide as the screen? How do I do that?

Then make about 10 gifs with the image moved over an inch? How do I do that?

Then use the wizzard to string them all together? This one I figured out.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks, guys.

Anon1
10-02-2004, 18:27
You're almost on the right track.

Before you use the Gif Const Set use an image editor, like Paintshop Pro, Photoshop, or maybe MS Paint, or some downloaded basic image editor.

Use that to open your existing .gif.

Look for a feature in there that will allow you to resize the image size. You'll want to resize the extents, or outer dimensions, of the image file without actually stretching the picture of the broken clay. OR, use that program to create a new image that is the height and width that you need in the end, maybe 50hX400w. Then open up your existing image also and copy/paste it into the new wider version.

Save the wider version as xxxx1.gif Use the image editor program to nudge the broken clay to the right an inch, *Save As* xxxx2.gif. Repeat as needed until you have a sequence of xxxx1.gif through xxxx10.gif.

Then use the Gif Const Set to put them together and save as a new name entirely so you don't overwrite an existing image file.

[edit] I now see that you want 10 images animated over a TOTAL of an inch. So you should probably make that new image something like 60hX only 200w or so.