Cracked hinges on a 4 month old e-machine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cracked hinges on a 4 month old e-machine

redware
10-01-2004, 19:06
I'm seeing red I am so furious over this. This machine has hinge cracks on both hinges. I have not mistreated this machine (It does not leave the desktop and I shut the screen using two hands and gently).

I am sick to death of returning computers for bad memory and broken parts.

Are the cracked hinges a cosmetic defect? Are the hinges actually metal with a plastic covering? Will I experience a loss of function?

chevrofreak
10-01-2004, 21:31
its an e-machine, what do you expect?

Texas T
10-01-2004, 22:30
It is a known issue with a certain series of emachine laptops. Contact them and they will send you a box overnight. Ship it to them overnight (they will pay). They will replace the back part and ship it back to you overnight at their expense. A co-worker sent his out on a Tue and had it back on Thursday.

Just give them a call.

redware
10-02-2004, 13:54
what do you expect?

I expected a helpful answer. What I got was a gentle reminder why I usually don't post anything of any importance to these forums.

Thanks, TexasT. I called e-machines first thing after they opened this morning and they are taking it back for a new case.

chevrofreak
10-02-2004, 15:45
Didnt really want to sound like an ass, but, e-machines stuff is bottom of the barrel.

IndyGunFreak
10-02-2004, 18:06
Originally posted by chevrofreak
Didnt really want to sound like an ass, but, e-machines stuff is bottom of the barrel.

Some people are just overly sensitive, and don't like the truth. I thought your answer was right on for this exact reason.

IGF

Texas T
10-02-2004, 18:30
Originally posted by chevrofreak
Isn't it funny how what you didn't want to sound like turns out to be exactly what you did sound like? ;)

As to your other comment... e-machines USED to be bottom of the barrel. No longer. They are quite a good value for the money and current management is to thank for that. Do you think Gateway paid all that money for them just so they could lay claim to a "bottom of the barrel" brand? They were in essence paying for the talent of the management at e-mach to help them keep Gateway afloat.

Gateway benefits from the management talent at e-mach, and e-mach benefits from the deeper pockets of Gateway. It may not be a marriage made in in Heaven, but I certainly think it was a better move than the HP/Compaq "merger". ;f

redware
10-02-2004, 19:02
and don't like the truth

I don't recall disputing anything anyone said. I do remember mentioning that I would rather have a helpful answer than a flip remark that does me no good and chastises me for not being able to purchase a fancier machine than this one.

chevrofreak
10-03-2004, 08:35
I am sorry, i'm an anus sometimes.