De-interlacing video [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : De-interlacing video

ThinkOfTheChildren
10-02-2004, 00:10
I just got a CCD camera which I now have hooked up to my computer through an Osprey Capture Card. The problem is that it seems to be giving my computer an interlaced signal and when I capture from it, I get the annoying horizontal lines sticking out of moving things (you know what I mean).

I'm aware of how to deinterlace video when converting already captured clips, but here's my problem: I'm using the CCD to capture still images when the computer detects motion. The images are coming out crisp and clear of stationary objects, but moving objects again have the horizontal bars sticking out of them.

Is there any way to filter the source as it's coming into the computer so that when it captures still images, it's getting a deinterlaced signal?

Thanks!

chevrofreak
10-02-2004, 09:02
http://www.dscaler.org/

ThinkOfTheChildren
10-02-2004, 12:25
Thanks for the link! It works really well but the problem is that I need to get the de-interlaced signal into my other program which detects motion for snapshots. Unless I'm missing something, DScaler looks like a capture program in itself. Is there a way to set it up to simply filter the signal going to the other program?

chevrofreak
10-02-2004, 15:52
Not sure, I dont use it. :P

I tried it with my last compubox but the CPU wasnt fast enough to process the video.

Why dont you download InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2 and give it a try. I use it for all my video capture (straight to DVD format MPEG-2) and it has a snapshot feature.