Glock 21 magazine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 magazine

cebuboy
10-03-2004, 09:59
hi bogs, are the mags for the glock 21 available there in manila? if they are, please let me know where to get them. just blasted my mag out this afternoon. it still works, just want a new one for peace of mind, i only have one left. i already knew about the risk of KB, i've seen the brass bulge and yet i kept on going. never thought that it would happen to me. just learned my lesson the hard way. btw, any bogs there with g21?

9MX
10-03-2004, 10:05
bay,

glockideeglock has a g21c (he used it today). last gunshow, my mountaineering buddy from davao requested me to look for a g21 mag. found a 10 rounder at final option's booth, P4.5k;P

i'm just not sure if there are new stocks at MCS and at what price.

fyi, gunshow II is on nov. 8, manila nga lang;e

cebuboy
10-03-2004, 10:16
hi 9mx, thanks for the info. for P4.5k, it's too much. i think its time to bugger someone in the states again:)

doctabako
10-03-2004, 10:50
That's exactly how my case looked like when my HK USP45 KB'd. Glad you're okay. Good thing in your case it was only the mag that got damaged. My USP's already out of commision and is serving as a glorified paper weight.;g Bought my G21 mags which I use for my glock 30 (when I was still using it to compete in Standard) before at our "favorite" Nashe for only 2,500 each. In twin pines at that time it was already at 3,500, but that was last year. Don't know if they're still available.

Paltog
10-03-2004, 22:20
Try Final Option at Virra Mall, Greenhills...I saw a couple of G21 mags about 2 weeks ago...:)

Glockideeglock
10-03-2004, 23:58
cebuboy,

sorry to hear about your incident.

the cheapest g21 mags are at nashe at makati cinema square (mcs). i was there 2 weeks ago and they were at P2.5k a piece...yup P2.5k a piece.

last gunshow, i got a g21 mag from them for only P2k.

when you come to manila, why don't you also check final option which is also at mcs-basement level. this store carries a lot of glock parts and accessories.

there are also a couple of other gun-related stores at the basement level of mcs.

TIP#1: try to ask for a discount from the salespeople of these stores and they'll most probably give it to you.

Tip#2: the jethro outlet at mcs is selling scherer +2 mag extensions for g21 magazines. i'd get those as well

good luck and i hope you get what you want.

Glockideeglock
10-04-2004, 00:06
cebuboy,

i'm just curious, what was the brand and specs of .45ACP ammo in the pic you posted...i wanna be careful too. thanks.

Glokideeglock:)

cebuboy
10-04-2004, 04:29
Originally posted by Glockideeglock
cebuboy,

i'm just curious, what was the brand and specs of .45ACP ammo in the pic you posted...i wanna be careful too. thanks.

Glokideeglock:)

the headstamp on the cases is "SB" sellier-bellot i think? loaded it with 4.6 grains n320 and 230 grain cast bullet.

after firing some 20+ rounds last saturday, i checked the cases. the sb cases bulged in the 6:00 position. the wcc and federal had only a slight bulge and the rpa cases did not show any problems. so i immediately stopped, knowing that this big bulge on the brass is a sure sign for KB. on the next day, maybe because i've got nothing better to do, I shot some 30+ rounds again, what the heck, the .45 acp is a low pressure round plus with light loads, what could possibly go wrong. I've seen people load them up till the necks split. So, bang bang bang.... boom! saw flames jet out from the sides and trigger area and the mag just blasted away. i think i'm still lucky, still got my fingers, the gun looks and shoots fine and i still got the mag to work, looks a bit busted though with some shreded plastic:) thinking of the incident, i'm beginning to ask myself am i stupid or what? i clearly know what was going to happen and yet i still continued on doing it. anyway, i'm just grateful that i got away with it. i just feel sorry for the gun, its still brand new(got it last year) and it just fired some 300+ rounds.

cebuboy
10-04-2004, 04:36
hi guys, thanks for the info. maybe if i have the time, will drop by the next gunshow:) i cant find mags for the g21 here in cebu, all i can find are for 9mm and .40. and one more thing, is it legal for a person from the states to bring in them magazines? lonewolfdist.com are selling them for $20 bucks.

one more pic of the brass...

Glockideeglock
10-04-2004, 17:38
cebuboy,

thanks for the info and pic. i have yet to order gun-related stuff directly from the US so i can't really help you with your latest inquiry. perhaps the others bogs can help answer your question.

if you use reloads, always check the brass you reuse. some bogs advise that you can check the "quality" of your freshly reloaded ammo by inserting it in the breech of your barrel (remove the barrel from the gun first!) insert each round and see if it goes in completely.

in general if yes, then ok pay yun, if not, then don't use it...don't risk another kb. also, before doing this, you can check each round visually (check for bulges, etc...).

i would also make a note of # of times i've reused the brass. invest in plastic ammo boxes and you can print some sort of monitor sheet and note the number of times you'vé reused the brass. these boxes also protect your ammo.

Glockideeglock

batangueno
10-04-2004, 22:05
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/batangueno/dsc01381.jpg

After seeing those cases you should have already stop. Pero curious ako sa load mo of 4.6gr N320 mababa na yun for a 230 gr head, di ba. Are you sure that you're dropping the correct amount of powder, you could also check your crimp (might be too tight or too loose). Anyway, glad to hear you're ok. Ingat lang sa pag-reload. :)

mc_oliver
10-04-2004, 22:57
Originally posted by batangueno
After seeing those cases you should have already stop. Pero curious ako sa load mo of 4.6gr N320 mababa na yun for a 230 gr head, di ba. Are you sure that you're dropping the correct amount of powder, you could also check your crimp (might be too tight or too loose). Anyway, glad to hear you're ok. Ingat lang sa pag-reload. :)
Not sure about VV factory loads for the 230gr 45cal. But 4.6gr of N320 seems too high. Comparing my 40 loads with 200gr, close to major na yung 3.6 (haven't chronoed yet the new 3.9gr load). What's the OAL ng loads mo and what's the PF?

From the pics, those are very over pressure rounds. Ingat dre. ;)

cebuboy
10-05-2004, 05:02
hi guys,

i knew what i was doing and what was going to happen, and now i know that it really could happen.

mc_o,

i have them reloaded by our clubs reloader, will measure th oal. that load will shoot the 230gr. bullet to about 800fps. basing on our observation, the problem is the crappy brass.

batangueno,

hehe i did stop, but i got curious, learned it the hard way:)

Glockideeglock,

thanks for the info, btw how many times can the brass be reloaded? and what other brands are ok? rpa seems fine.

mc_oliver
10-05-2004, 19:31
Originally posted by cebuboy
mc_o,

i have them reloaded by our clubs reloader, will measure th oal. that load will shoot the 230gr. bullet to about 800fps. basing on our observation, the problem is the crappy brass.
Yaiks! A rough calculation on your PF yields 184. Constantly going this high on a glock barrel (and cast bullet) and you really need to be really careful with your brass. ;P Any particular reason why you need this much PF?

batangueno
10-05-2004, 20:01
45 seems to have a a high PF by looking at the VV load book. Following is the load specs for 45 using 230gr bullet.

230 FMJ-RN 1.260in OAL N320 Minimum 4.9grs 784fps Maximum 5.2grs 850fps

Considering that you are using lead dapat ok lang yung 4.6grs. Meron ka pa ba natirang cartridges from the same batch, pa pull mo kaya tapos weigh nila ulit yung powder.

jerrytrini
10-05-2004, 20:07
Those indicate high pressures. I have been reloading since 1986, and have experienced several high pressured loads. I was shooting a Ruger P85, the barrel just bulged out and I had to get a new barrel. Anyway, double check your powder measure, bullet seating depth and crimp. BTW, be careful out there.

cebuboy
10-06-2004, 04:37
hi mc_o,

tried the same load with rpa brass with no problems. well, that load shoots nice and is accurate with my glock.

hi batangueno,

4.6gr is light for .45, or so i thought. forgot to measure them today. btw at first, some of em did not feed properly, the reloader just seated the bullets a bit deeper and then the case failure.

hi jerry,

thanks for the advice, still new to reloading:) i only shot .22s before, no pulot ng brass and reloads.

Glockideeglock
10-06-2004, 08:46

Glockideeglock,

thanks for the info, btw how many times can the brass be reloaded? and what other brands are ok? rpa seems fine.

first of all, i'm no expert in reloading or shooting for that matter.

but personally, i've used the brass that armscor sells since day 1. after some time, when i sort of learned my way around, i started buying those "önce fired brass" from the boys in armscor.

i reuse these four to five times.

before and after reloading, i always check for bulges and all those other nasty things that can cause a kb.

if you really want the branded/imported ones, you can go to twin pines, true weight, strong hand, & jethro. these stores sell the stuff.

i've used the rpa "once fired" brass. no problemo so far. they claim na matibay daw...

Glockideeglock:)

cebuboy
10-06-2004, 15:53
Originally posted by Glockideeglock
i reuse these four to five times.

before and after reloading, i always check for bulges and all those other nasty things that can cause a kb.

i've used the rpa "once fired" brass. no problemo so far. they claim na matibay daw...

thanks for the info, in my experience, the rpa seems the strongest. the only problem is the supply, many shooters are looking for that brass.

mbclubph
10-06-2004, 16:13
how much yung new rpa na basyo for 45acp?

i have around 2 to 3k pcs. bought by my dad wayback 89 or 90

mc_oliver
10-06-2004, 22:13
cebuboy, btw, you're the third person I know who had case failures on a glock 45cal. One is using the G30 and I no longer see him sa range. The other (yung partner ni Rizal, for those armscor boys) also uses a G21 and spent close to 7k on parts rebuild after the incident.

This leads me to think you should be extra careful with your reloads. I suggest you start with new brass and mark them accodingly. Sa matches naman, be extra careful with the brass na napupulot mo. And if you can afford it, better get a bar-sto barrel. ;)

good luck dre.

cebuboy
10-07-2004, 05:33
hi mbclubph,

dont know of any new rpa brass, the closest i can get(whole bullet, of course) are the ones issued to our armed forces.

hi mc_o,

hehe, i have already bought a jarvis barrel, it is still in transit:) and yes, i'm extra careful now with the g21. i just thought that it could not happen to me. i seldom shoot this gun and if i did only 100 rounds max is fired. i think i'll get a 1911:) btw, what happened to your friends g21? any pics?

mc_oliver
10-07-2004, 06:01
hi mc_o,

hehe, i have already bought a jarvis barrel, it is still in transit:) and yes, i'm extra careful now with the g21. i just thought that it could not happen to me. i seldom shoot this gun and if i did only 100 rounds max is fired. i think i'll get a 1911:) btw, what happened to your friends g21? any pics?
No pics, sorry. But according to him, he had to replace the whole trigger group and, I think, the barrel and mag. His slide ended out of the frame but was fortunate enough to have no damages on it and the frame.

cebuboy
10-07-2004, 06:07
Originally posted by mc_oliver
No pics, sorry. But according to him, he had to replace the whole trigger group and, I think, the barrel and mag. His slide ended out of the frame but was fortunate enough to have no damages on it and the frame.

thanks for the info:) this is really one tough gun.

9MX
10-07-2004, 08:02
The other (yung partner ni Rizal, for those armscor boys) also uses a G21 and spent close to 7k on parts rebuild after the incident.

ah si mey bugia yun:)

mc_oliver
10-07-2004, 20:30
Originally posted by 9MX
ah si mey bugia yun:)
Yep, he's the one. If there's one person who benefited from that incident si Rizal yun. Puro na once fired galing kay Mey ang basyo niya. ;f

i_kawlang
10-18-2004, 12:17
here's some KB of glock that i got from the internet just to let anyone know. I have G21 myself. But before I took it home the saleslady and the owner at Twin Pines remind me not to use reloads or teflon.

vega
10-18-2004, 16:40
cebuboy, btw, you're the third person I know who had case failures on a glock 45cal. One is using the G30 and I no longer see him sa range.
I think our mutual friend had a squib and was doing double tap. Its not a case failure as I re-call. Jethro paid half of the cost to get a new barrel.

vega

mc_oliver
10-18-2004, 19:13
Originally posted by vega
I think our mutual friend had a squib and was doing double tap. Its not a case failure as I re-call. Jethro paid half of the cost to get a new barrel.

vega
Sino nga ba yun dre? Yung hotdog dealer? :)

Last Sun, mey case failure ako'ng isa. But this was due to an already over-worked brass. Aside from the abnormal sound, some fine debris sprayed in the face/hands and a sooty mag, everything else was okay. I noted the same experience in the last de Leon cup but due to match pressure, I didn't pay attention to it.

gunfool
10-18-2004, 19:27
Originally posted by i_kawlang
here's some KB of glock that i got from the internet just to let anyone know. I have G21 myself. But before I took it home the saleslady and the owner at Twin Pines remind me not to use reloads or teflon. Holy Cow! If this is the case, then there's no point of buying Glock. Plano ko pa mandin kumuha next month from Deenoh. Makasalan pa mandin daliri ko!;z

gunfool
10-18-2004, 21:30
Originally posted by i_kawlang
here's some KB of glock that i got from the internet just to let anyone know. I have G21 myself. But before I took it home the saleslady and the owner at Twin Pines remind me not to use reloads or teflon.
Bogs does anyone of you guys experienced KB on your G17 or this happens only to G21 models. If am not mistaken most if not some of you guys switched from Glock to CZ, right? Was this the reason? Enlighten me please as am planning to get a G17 from Denooh next month. thanks again Jun

ppts799
10-18-2004, 22:30
all pistols can KB. if there is case failure or squib, you may have a KB no matter what pistol you're using. the least KBs are with the 9mm, such as the glock19 and glock17.

gunfool
10-19-2004, 00:38
Originally posted by ppts799
all pistols can KB. if there is case failure or squib, you may have a KB no matter what pistol you're using. the least KBs are with the 9mm, such as the glock19 and glock17. Sir thanks! If ever, this gonna be my first DA pistol as am only used to 1911 and revolver. In short, I don't want to regret buying one. Anyway, I will still find some infos thru the net.

paltic
10-19-2004, 01:01
SB.......squires bingham po ito(forefather ng armscor)...iba pa yung sellier & bellot...... base sa aking observations: mataas ang load mo dre..at mahina ang basyo...

according to my fellow BOGS 2 years ago...ito ang TIPs for Glock .45s:

use only FMJ
use only quality brass(same batch)
monitor your brass (maximum na siguro yung 5x reloading
mild loads only
wag masyado sa crimp
linis barrel after 50 rds.
get reloads from reputable reloaders such as.. Judge
check/inspect/clean each & every ammos before using it

.....kung may extra money.....buy also a barsto or KKM barrel:cool:

if you will not do this.....youre asking for KB:)

thanks to all BOGS who help me kaya naman wala pa rin akong KB as of now;a ;c

tnx

mc_oliver
10-19-2004, 02:49
Originally posted by gunfool
Sir thanks! If ever, this gonna be my first DA pistol as am only used to 1911 and revolver. In short, I don't want to regret buying one. Anyway, I will still find some infos thru the net.
You can always regret after buying it. Good thing is you can always sell it kung ayaw mo talaga. PM mo ko when you do. ;);f

cebuboy
10-19-2004, 04:11
Originally posted by paltic
SB.......squires bingham po ito(forefather ng armscor)...iba pa yung sellier & bellot...... base sa aking observations: mataas ang load mo dre..at mahina ang basyo...

ahh so squires pala yung sb, thanks for the info:) btw, i did follow your tip religiously except for the aftermarket barrel, it was just that moment that i got curious and careless...;Pboom;G case failure.

cebuboy
10-19-2004, 04:15
Sir thanks! If ever, this gonna be my first DA pistol as am only used to 1911 and revolver. In short, I don't want to regret buying one. Anyway, I will still find some infos thru the net.

hi, if you did buy it and now regret it... just pm me and will buy it from you;K

gunfool
10-20-2004, 20:52
You can always regret after buying it. Good thing is you can always sell it kung ayaw mo talaga. PM mo ko when you do. ;);f Hahaha. Oks lang naman sir basta ikaw. An totoo kasi nyan tatlo kaming nagbabalak bumili at kung ano pipiliin ko yun din daw sa kanila. At ang mabigat mas tanga pa sa kin 'tong dalawa. So ayokong sisihin ako ng mga 'to sa bandang huli. Tapos heto pa tong isang expat naming kano gusto rin. Sabi ko di sya pwede, pero kinukulit ako.

gunfool
10-20-2004, 20:56
hi, if you did buy it and now regret it... just pm me and will buy it from you;K Hehehe haven't buy yet. hopefully next month pa. yun eh kung may unit pa kay denooh next month.

cebuboy
10-21-2004, 03:55
Hehehe haven't buy yet. hopefully next month pa. yun eh kung may unit pa kay denooh next month.

btw, they are nice guns:) simple design, nice to shoot, easy to clean and got tons of accesories:) anyway, just be careful with reloads.