Reviving an heirloom... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reviving an heirloom...

New_comer
10-05-2004, 01:57
Now that I've overcome my typical sluggishness and procrastination, I had enough energy this morning to take a couple of shots of the Remington Wingmaster 870P my father handed over to me after owning it for more than 30 years.

Problem: it's not in the best of condition, with a generous serving of rust pits and sanded areas. Nonetheless, it's still a beauty to behold, especially afeter I installed an original Remington +2 magtube extender. Here it is:

http://tinypic.com/bd8o0

http://tinypic.com/bd8oi

I'd like to have it refinished, with a more sturdy one at that. What would be my choices. Where's the best place to go?

thanks, all ;)

batangueno
10-05-2004, 02:35
Hindi ba mas maganda if you leave it as it is, para may character. Give it some protective wipeover, like a CLP, na lang so that the finish won't deteriorate anymore.

Alexii
10-05-2004, 07:00
Originally posted by batangueno
Hindi ba mas maganda if you leave it as it is, para may character. Give it some protective wipeover, like a CLP, na lang so that the finish won't deteriorate anymore.

Or if it was already refinished at some point during the last thirty years, it won't hurt to have it refinished. You can probably replace the stock with composite materials to make it look more, uhm, tactical.;)

New_comer
10-06-2004, 06:04
Originally posted by Alexii
Or if it was already refinished at some point during the last thirty years, it won't hurt to have it refinished. You can probably replace the stock with composite materials to make it look more, uhm, tactical.;) Pero yung wood stock nga ang bentahe nito, e. Parang redwood/narra, and ganda ng grain at me 'antique' look. ;)

I'd rather retain the wood parts, sanded/re-oiled siguro to remove the dings and scratches while preserving the quality and integrity of the gun. Iba na syempre yung all-orig, diba? :cool:

Yung matindi kasing problema yung mga exposed steel parts na nag erode na yung blue. Madaling mag bloom ang kalawang kahit konting hawak lang. I'd hate to oil it naman for preservation purposes, only to have it slip like an eel when I really have to use it. Ang ganda pa naman nya pumutok, flawless yung dalawang boxes of Armscor 00 buck when I shot it several months back.

JMHO, but I didn't like the blueing of a carbine done at PBD, parang manipis at maputla. Sana maibalik yung dati: maitim at makintab parang laminated e.

Anybody here who had a rifle/shotgun reblued/refinished? Saan nyo pinagawa? ^8 ;4