Magloc Recoil Control Thumb Rest [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Magloc Recoil Control Thumb Rest

atmarcella
10-05-2004, 07:37
HAS ANYONE HERE IN BOG TRIED THIS PRODUCT? PLS. GIVE FEEDBACK THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Eye Cutter
10-05-2004, 07:46
si vault keeper naka ganyan sa 17 niya. i could not rack the slide as it covers more than half of the serrations. tried to rack by pressing the slide in my left palm, e, yung new slick finish pa naman slide niya! di ko makasa!

i generally think twice with any product claiming to be the best this and the best that!

atmarcella
10-05-2004, 07:53
THANKS DOC!!!!!!!!!!

mc_oliver
10-05-2004, 20:06
Bala na lang dre. ;)

Vault Keeper
10-06-2004, 20:06
Originally posted by atmarcella
HAS ANYONE HERE IN BOG TRIED THIS PRODUCT? PLS. GIVE FEEDBACK THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

It does cover a big part of serration, one solution though is to put "skateboard tape" in front of your slide. It does help a lot (recoil wise) specially for those 1911 afficionados. But its not allowed, I think in competitions so I took them off already. Is it already available locally? Got mine through the internet.

If you really want to get one, I can sell it to you. PM me if interested.

Regards...

Vault Keeper
10-06-2004, 20:08
For BOG members who has P99 or the XD pistol, I think this Recoil Control Thumb Rest is already available..

atmarcella
10-07-2004, 08:01
why is it illegal vaultkeeper? is it cos of the ipsc box rule "max width 45mm" i think this device is more than aforementioned width

9MX
10-07-2004, 08:12
why is it illegal vaultkeeper? is it cos of the ipsc box rule "max width 45mm" i think this device is more than aforementioned width

sa standard division yan.

in production division, only sight replacement is allowed as long as its the same type or OEM. other mods are not.tama ba eye cutter?
;e

Eye Cutter
10-07-2004, 09:31
si atmarcella, sa STD naman maglalaro so walang problema if he uses the thumb rests. Sa STD Division, you can basically do anything you want basta it fits in the ipsc box at walang barrel porting!

sa PD, minor detailing lang, trigger/action work, reliability work, polishing of parts, replacement of sights of the same type or trim/adjust the front sight. Adjustable sights are allowed. Application of grip tape.

Even use of bright sight paint is controversial! You can't even refinish your pistol to a different type! kung blued, reblue lang. di pwede pa hardchrome! e wala namang advantage yun! All the rest is as is where is.

Actually PD is turning out to be the "in" division bec. majority of the OEM firearms manufacturers are coming out with models made specifically for PD players. Look at Tanfoglio and CZ. It doesn't mean that if you have an old model pistol, you are at a disadvantage, but it is nice to have the bells and whistles! Kung baga sa kotse, e fully loaded na!

mbclubph
10-07-2004, 12:17
i have thumbrest and magwell for glock brandnew i want to sell them at aroud 3k pm me or call me at sun cel 0922-4995506 thanks i also have slightly used sights for glock tru-glo 1.5k nlang

vega
10-07-2004, 18:12
When I shoot my XD or Glock, my strong thumb is not touching any part of the pistol. Kung baga, naka-tikwas. I shoot better that way. Well that's just me.

vega

Vault Keeper
10-08-2004, 04:29

...hehehe sorry sir, was actually referring to IDPA rules ;f ;f ;f (the thumbrest is not allowed, not sure though)

atmarcella
10-08-2004, 04:36
Originally posted by mbclubph
i have thumbrest and magwell for glock brandnew i want to sell them at aroud 3k pm me or call me at sun cel 0922-4995506 thanks i also have slightly used sights for glock tru-glo 1.5k nlang

mbclubph, is that a brass magwell for g22?