PageMaker 7.0 Question "Bleed"? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PageMaker 7.0 Question "Bleed"?

Cali-Glock
10-07-2004, 07:31
Any Adobe PageMaker experts out there?

I am putting together a document using Adobe PageMaker 7.0 which will be sent to a printer, but don’t know how to set up my document so the cover image will “bleed” to the edges when printed. I have searched the documentation I have for PageMaker, and searched the Adobe website, but so far I am stumped.

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks

fastvfr
10-07-2004, 15:08
Ummm...

Do you mean a blurred frame based on the image edges, or do you mean that you just want the image to completely fill the page?!

RRS
10-07-2004, 23:48
Cali-Glock,

You just need to setup a custom page size in PageMaker that is 1" larger than the finished page size for your bleeds to work.

Is this going to be spot color or process? Are you going to deliver the PageMaker file to your printer or are you doing the color separations yourself? The reason I ask is that as a printer and run into this daily. The more information I have the better I can help.

If you need more specific info to setup your page just let me know.

Hope this helps.

proguncali
10-08-2004, 08:24
Originally posted by Cali-Glock
Any Adobe PageMaker experts out there?

I am putting together a document using Adobe PageMaker 7.0 which will be sent to a printer, but don’t know how to set up my document so the cover image will “bleed” to the edges when printed. I have searched the documentation I have for PageMaker, and searched the Adobe website, but so far I am stumped.

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks

If you were printing a biz card that is 2X3 and you wanted an image that will be on the left side and should be sized top to bottom, you would make that image 2.5" so that when it's cut, there is room for error....

Does that help?

Cali-Glock
10-08-2004, 14:35
Awesome!! Thanks guys! I went to "Document Setup" and changed my margins to 9.5x12 - seems to work. (After I changed the margins!)

I feel enough like an idiot already - but you guys on GT save the day again!

Thank you very much!!!