Taurus PT-92 (circa 1998) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Taurus PT-92 (circa 1998)

mc_oliver
10-08-2004, 01:46
Guys, anybody own or know anybody using a Taurus PT92? I'd like to hear experiences with this gun (lalo na high mileage usage).

Interested to hear how long before part breakage or replacement (esp. locking block failure) if any.

Thanks.

;z

darwin25
10-08-2004, 03:56
My dad own's a PT 92 AFS but he had so far only had about 500 rounds thru it so I cannot give an accurate assesment of how it holds up.

Anyway he is selling it now.;f

aztig
10-08-2004, 04:00
I own one just bought last month, it ate everything I put in it factory and reload ammo. As what I have read, the locking block is the weakest part of it, but yet to find out. Hopefully it would not break.

batangueno
10-08-2004, 04:31
Si McO mukhang litong lito na kung anong production gun ang gagamitin ah. ;f

mc_oliver
10-08-2004, 04:55
Originally posted by batangueno
Si McO mukhang litong lito na kung anong production gun ang gagamitin ah. ;f
Hehe, somebody is offering me one at a jaw-dropping price. I'm holding off the temptation...;f

Eye Cutter
10-08-2004, 05:43
call trust trade and ask if they have spares in stock.

yung bagong tanfoglio pala is selling for 75k accdg. to Rommel Cabungcal

si LeoM and RommelC uses the PT 92

Eye Cutter
10-08-2004, 05:49
batangueno: kelan ka lilipat sa PD?

mc_oliver
10-08-2004, 07:57
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
call trust trade and ask if they have spares in stock.

yung bagong tanfoglio pala is selling for 75k accdg. to Rommel Cabungcal

si LeoM and RommelC uses the PT 92
SUSMARYOSEP! Kung PD gun na ganyan kamahal eh 'wag na lang siguro (emphasis on the siguro part, baka manalo ako sa lotto eh.;f)

I actually called Trust Trade and inquired about the block. Okay lang ang price but I'm thinking with Taurus' lifetime warranty baka free pa yan. Panay tano'ng kasi nung kausap ko sa phone kung sa kanila ba raw nabili yung unit.

batangueno: kelan ka lilipat sa PD?
Oo nga dre, tara na. (This time sa PD naman, buohin mo pa rin open mo.);f Balita ko kasi nandun daw mga magagaling sa PD. Talo tayo dyan sa Std, minor daw ammo nung mga top shooter dyan. ;f;f bwahahaha! ;z

mc_oliver
10-08-2004, 08:00
Originally posted by darwin25
My dad own's a PT 92 AFS but he had so far only had about 500 rounds thru it so I cannot give an accurate assesment of how it holds up.

Anyway he is selling it now.;f
AFS is the stainless (o chrome?) ba dre? Why is he selling it?

9MX
10-08-2004, 09:26
mc_o,

you're more needed in PD, to show the top dawgs how minor loads can get one to the top:)

bulm540
10-08-2004, 21:29
Originally posted by mc_oliver
SUSMARYOSEP! Kung PD gun na ganyan kamahal eh 'wag na lang siguro (emphasis on the siguro part, baka manalo ako sa lotto eh.;f)

I actually called Trust Trade and inquired about the block. Okay lang ang price but I'm thinking with Taurus' lifetime warranty baka free pa yan. Panay tano'ng kasi nung kausap ko sa phone kung sa kanila ba raw nabili yung unit.

Oo nga dre, tara na. (This time sa PD naman, buohin mo pa rin open mo.);f Balita ko kasi nandun daw mga magagaling sa PD. Talo tayo dyan sa Std, minor daw ammo nung mga top shooter dyan. ;f;f bwahahaha! ;z
ditto on the lifetime warrranty of the taurus. My friend shoots his in production and taurus changed the slide.

darwin25
10-09-2004, 00:45
Originally posted by mc_oliver
AFS is the stainless (o chrome?) ba dre? Why is he selling it?

Stainless dre. He is going to use the budget to finance another FA purchase. He wants to buy a CZ or a Glock. The gun is circa 1998 but has only had about 500 rounds since then. Included in the sale is a 15 round mag, 17 round mec-gar mag and 1 Bianchi Accu-mold paddle holster (black with top strap).

Sabi ko nga sa kin nya na na lang ibenta kaya lang ayaw nya ibigay sa presyong gusto ko. Baratin ko ba naman ng husto e.;z

New_comer
10-09-2004, 06:56
A shooting buddy shoots a stainless PT92 since way back. On his own estimates, lagpas nang 10K rounds thru it.

Worse problem was a sear malfunction about a year ago. Sumusunod yung hammer to half cock pag balik ng slide. Kung bumagsak man, mahina ang tama sa firing pin so failure to detonate. He brought the item back to trust trade, and if I were to believe him, it was repaired for free! :cool:

Medyo natigil nsa sya maglaro at me ibang pinagkagastusan. But he still trusts the gun and shoots with us once in a while. Good gun that PT92. ;)

revo
10-09-2004, 23:56
I have a 'high-mileage' PT92 AFS that I bought cheap.

When I first shot it, I couldn't get anything on paper at 25 yards !

I have a Beretta that I can get on the black at that distance so I was sure it wasn't me.

Taurus has lifetime warranty and in the US, guns can be sent to the factory for repair for FREE for the life of the gun so I sent the gun to Taurus in Florida.

I asked to smoothen up the trigger, which they did, and they also replaced the locking block. It also came back with a gunsmith's test target for 20 yards so at least I knew someone could shoot it well.

Now if I do my part I can get it in black at 25 yards but it's still not as good as my Beretta. I bought my Beretta 92 second-hand as police trade-in and I can and have used it for IDPA. But I don't think I can even compete with the Taurus PT92.

I know if I send it to a gunsmith and maybe do some more work it can be just as good as my Beretta BUT the question is do I want to ?

So the moral of the story is to make sure the gun is not too worn out.

batangueno
10-10-2004, 20:52
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
batangueno: kelan ka lilipat sa PD? Baka mahalata ang pagpapanggap ko kapag lumipat ako ng PD.;f Isa pa, matindi ang trash talking ngayon sa PD...hehe ;f

jasonub
10-10-2004, 21:02
. Talo tayo dyan sa Std, minor daw ammo nung mga top shooter dyan. ;f;f bwahahaha! ;z [/B][/QUOTE]

i am now lowering my pf to 175 from 178-180 baka tumaas pa ang pwesto ko. ;f