Gmail Drive [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Drive

Alpha752
10-09-2004, 10:54
Anyone try this out yet?

http://www.aimlesswords.com/archives/20041007/gmail_drive/

I started playing with it last night. I created a new account just for the drive. It works as attachments, so each file is limited to 10mb, and it wont accept .exe or .zip, but for pictures, text, or video it seems like it might be useful.

The jury is still out.

Texas T
10-09-2004, 20:05
I just created a new account, downloaded and ran the program, and then moved a few photos onto the drive. Works fine. I can really see the benefit of this. The only other thing I'd like to see would be a password protected upload, but with non-protected access to view it, but that's no biggie.

Alpha752
10-09-2004, 22:02
One thing I found is if you upload a file from another computer, it does not show up in your GMail Drive unless you pull of off onto your PC and then reupload it.

I was hopeing for more of an online drive.

Eyespy
10-09-2004, 22:44
I can't open any files in the gmail drive window. Instead I get the following type of icon appearing in the gmail drive. I have to drag it back onto my desktop to open any such files. Am I doing something wrong? The example posted was a text file, but it does this for any file under 10mb

Alpha752
10-09-2004, 22:59
Originally posted by Eyespy
I can't open any files in the gmail drive window. Instead I get the following type of icon appearing in the gmail drive. I have to drag it back onto my desktop to open any such files. Am I doing something wrong? The example posted was a text file, but it does this for any file under 10mb

yea I got that too. Im not sure why.