Guitar Center came through for me! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Center came through for me!

WolfmanGK
10-09-2004, 10:59
Here's the deal. I bought a Fender HRD tube amp a while back. I was thinking 2-3 years. Well, I have a few amps so I don't use it all that much. I recently moved to ND which is quite a drive for my amps.. I plugged in the HRD recently just to try it out, and it does nothing but blow fuses. I put a heavier fuse in, and it just hums, real loud whenever I take the standby off.

Even with the tubes out it hums. I was talking with another musician recently, and he said "Hey, doesn't that thing have a 5 year warranty?". Why yes. Yes it does. I couldn't find the receipt, so I called Guitar Center where I bought it... They not only found the receipt, but faxed it to me in 5 minutes, too! And get this: I bought it over 4 years ago! So it is being repaired as we speak!

I'm not the type who will invoke a warranty, I usually will fix it myself or toss it- to me it's not worth the hassle most of the time, but this amp is not a cheap amp. This is probably the first time I have used a warranty to get something fixed. I have to say Kudos to Guitar Center!

1911lover
10-10-2004, 12:39
sweet deal dude, nw rock on!

Berto
10-18-2004, 03:39
Did they tell you what happened to the amp?
I've been told you have to be really careful when moving or travelling with tube amps.
Nice amp BTW.....I was looking at a Blues DeVille my self.:cool:

AJE
10-22-2004, 01:28
I had a Crate Vintage Club tube amp for awhile. It was really cool until I lost a set of power tubes.

I eventually traded it to a friend for another amp (solid state Fender M-80) AND a guitar. We were both happy after the deal... until he blew a set of power tubes ;g

I could'nt be happier with my solid state, but eventually Id like to get myself a JCM800.

WolfmanGK
10-29-2004, 21:46
Originally posted by Berto
Did they tell you what happened to the amp?
I've been told you have to be really careful when moving or travelling with tube amps.
Nice amp BTW.....I was looking at a Blues DeVille my self.:cool:

Berto, I have a bunch of tube amplifiers, including a Crate Blue Voodoo, and an older 40 watt all tube Bogen PA I coupled with 2 vintage 15" speakers and a cab I built (It sounds BADASS!), and they all survived the move very well. Nobody has gotten back to me yet on the amp that I am aware of, I was in California for 1.5 weeks, so I have no idea if they called me or not.

AJE, I can't stand the solid state amplifier sound, now that I have sampled and owned a few tube amps. Power tubes are a consumeable, and can be had for cheap. It's more than worth it IMO than to have crappy tone-not that I am saying your solid state rig sounds crappy. It's just that I would wager a similar unit in tube form would probably be more pleasing to 4 out of 5 ears.