Calling on all Vets to vote [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Calling on all Vets to vote

SgtKabar
10-10-2004, 16:59
Don't let Kerry fool you, fellow Veterans. If he becomes President, YOU WILL be surrendering your firearms.

Here's what you can expect in a Kerry Presidency.

Kerry appoints Elliot Spitzer, a rabid anti-gunner, who immediately sets aside John Ashcroft's premise that says that the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals, and sets the wheels in motion for a Supreme Court challenge, while at the same time . . .

one or more Supreme Court Justices (Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Chuck Schumer?) are appointed by Kerry due to expected retirements and the Court goes lopsided even more toward liberals, assuring a ruling that will pave the way for . . .

ratification of the Small Arms Treaty in the United Nations which will be finalized in 2006. Kerry will be appointing our representative to the UN for this bit of chicanery . . .

and shortly thereafter we will be surrendering our firearms. At that point, we'll be right back where we were in 1773, hostages in our own country.

Is that scary to you? It is to me.

The way around it is to get out and vote Bush back in for another four years. I'll be honest, I like George Bush a whole lot, but I don't trust him 100% on this issue, BUT, I trust him more than John Kerry. And don't forget to vote for pro-gun candidates for State offices.

I've been a shooter for over fifty years, so this is likely to affect you more than me if you're younger. Please post this anywhere you can. This is a very real threat. It can happen here. Do your part to keep America free!

gjwheels
10-10-2004, 23:21
Ypu are 100% correct Sgt. I worry about my grandchildren growing up in a world such as you describe. I hope those among us that only hunt, shoot skeet and trap realize that it's not only our handguns they are after, but our shotguns and rifles as well. Kerry wants to ban all firearms that have ever been used by the military or police. Think about that one. That really covers the waterfront. GO W!

erikd65
10-22-2004, 17:47
Thats why I am voting for Badnarik... 100% pro gun

fnfalman
10-22-2004, 17:52
Oh yeah, you can be sure that I'll vote. Whether my vote goes to your favorite, well, that's another story...

Bonk
10-22-2004, 20:41
Originally posted by erikd65
Thats why I am voting for Badnarik... 100% pro gun

Not to pick a fight, but he's also 100% not likely to win a single state in the electoral college.

I know GWB isn't perfect on the RKBA, but he let the AWB run out, signed HR218, and did a host of other 2A-friendly but unnoticed things.

Does it suck to have to hold your nose and vote for the less bad alternative? Sure. But consider the consequences if sKerry gets elected.

Bush/Cheney '04!

CarlosDJackal
10-22-2004, 20:55
Any Veteran or current Soldier who is considering voting for Kerry should see this video: http://www.annointed.net/video/stolen_honor_final1.wmv

erikd65
10-22-2004, 21:27
I don't know if he will win or not. Its not the point. I m voting for the man I think is best for the job.

Gunboat1
10-23-2004, 04:57
I don't know if he will win or not. Its not the point. I m voting for the man I think is best for the job.

And in so doing, you will most assuredly be helping to elect the man who is WORST for the job. Democracy is about making informed choices. If you think voting for anyone but Bush in this election will help preserve the 2nd Amendment, you are dreaming. Do the SMART thing. Vote for Bush!

erikd65
10-23-2004, 10:02
I voted for Bush in 2000, he had his chance. Besides, Kerry is pretty much going to carry this state (He is ahead 10-12 points), so I doubt my one vote will sway anything :)

CarlosDJackal
10-23-2004, 10:47
I voted for Bush in 2000, he had his chance. Besides, Kerry is pretty much going to carry this state (He is ahead 10-12 points), so I doubt my one vote will sway anything :)
Famous last words!! If you were to conduct an INTELLIGENT research on how many electikons have been lost by 1 vote, you wouldn't think this.

Four years ago, less than a thousands Floridians thought the same thing. As it turns out just over 500 of them made a difference in who was elected POTUS. Can you imagine what kind of a state our country would be in if those 500 or so voters decided to vote for someone else and that lying sack of whale crap, lilly-livered Al Gore won?

Each vote is like a bullet fired in self-defense. We are responsible for each and every one we use.

I find it disgusting that individuals would take so lightly about a choice that not every have. While I was growing up in the Philippines when it was still under the Marcos Regime, I personally watched Paramilitary personnel throw away legitimate ballots and replace them with pre-filled ones. People's choices were not worth anaything during this period. They were not citizens but slaves.

JM2CW.

erikd65
10-23-2004, 11:07
I don't want to start a fight here so I will not discuss the issue any further.

Cagey
10-24-2004, 10:24
I'm with you, Sarge.

Steven Stilts
10-25-2004, 20:40
I'm voting for Badnarik too. It may be true that he won't win and that it'll help Bush to lose, but it's high time we stop playing the "here's your two choices" game we're stuck in now. It'll take time to establigh a third party, but in the long run it's the only way to insure our Second Ammendment freedoms. Right now the only difference between the Democrats and Republicans is not whether but when we'll lose our guns. Remember, the Brady bill and the import ban, both signed and blessed by the Republicans.

http://glocktalk.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=296705#
http://glocktalk.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=296705#

SgtKabar
10-26-2004, 11:54
I like your idea, Steven, but I'm afraid that time may not allow the scenario of the third party to play out. The NeoFascists are engaged in a battle to the death with the NeoCons and it's sucking up all the oxygen in the room. It will be settled soon.

If I had a choice I'd like to see five parties (with genuinely good ideas), but it's not gonna happen.

CarlosDJackal
10-28-2004, 21:07
Very interesting approach. Don't you remember what happened in 1992 when people voted for Perot and against the elder Bush? We ended up with eight years of Klintonian rule. You know the one who gave us the AWB, cut the military budget (one of the reasons I left), sent our guys to that debacle in Somalia, let Usama get away - three times, etc.

I supposed this current Bush was so terrible at being President it might actually be worth living under Kerry's rule "just to send a message". ;Q It is this kinds of short-sighted choice that put States like NY, NJ, MD, and CA in the predicament that they themselves nowadays.

Talk about cutting of your nose just to spite your face!! Sometimes, we are our worst enemy.

V Creed
11-01-2004, 01:04
A vote for anyone but GW Bush is a vote for gun control. ^2