Beretta Firing Pin [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Firing Pin

JuDGe
10-10-2004, 20:04
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
Shot at BRPG today with Team PB. Saw Tigra and SMBDealer there. Sayang, SMBD's beretta's firing pin broke!

Help....Where can we readily get a spare locally? Thanks a lot! ;f

mc_oliver
10-10-2004, 20:33
Saan at paano nabali? Can you guys post a pic?

SMBeerDealer
10-10-2004, 20:39
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Saan at paano nabali? Can you guys post a pic?

Not really sure but it was stil intact when I oiled the gun before I packed it up Saturday night to go to Batangas. Haven't opened up the slide yet, don't know how e. Will bring it to a gunsmith later. You can clearly see that the firing pin isn't there anymore. Didn't notice it when I uncased my gun at the safety area. Tanga ko rin.

Thanks for posting Judge. Phone line's back in service now.

JuDGe
10-10-2004, 20:40
Will see if I can meet up with him within the day and get some pics. Sayang yung match nya kahapon... first stage, first target board the pistol went a deafening CLICK!

tigra
10-10-2004, 20:50
Just sent a text message to Tata Dolpho baka meron siyang spare...ala pa lang reply.

mc_oliver
10-10-2004, 21:17
Are you sure nabali? Baka naman na-detail strip mo in your sleep tapos you forgot to put it back? ;f;f

Alexii
10-10-2004, 21:24
What?! Paano nabali? Do you dryfire a lot?

Please post a pic if you can and tell us if there are other component failures after your visit to the gunsmith.

Allegra
10-10-2004, 22:25
Sakit ng beretta yan
I broke 2 orig fps nung beretta ko in 3 months
Kung wala ka makuha, a gunsmith can make one for you easily

mc_oliver
10-10-2004, 23:05
Will the incidence of breaking be prevented by using a dummy round when dry firing?

JuDGe
10-10-2004, 23:09
I observed that he dry-fires a lot and uses a dummy bullet... pachmyr ata yun.

Let's see if Metrillo can fabricate a firing pin for him and how long it will last.

SMBeerDealer
10-10-2004, 23:39
Are you sure nabali? Baka naman na-detail strip mo in your sleep tapos you forgot to put it back? ;f;f

Check ko baka nandun sa ilalim ng pillow ko. Hehe! ;)

Allegra
10-10-2004, 23:47
Originally posted by JuDGe
I observed that he dry-fires a lot and uses a dummy bullet... pachmyr ata yun.

Let's see if Metrillo can fabricate a firing pin for him and how long it will last.

ayan kasi
advice kayo ng advice na mag dry fire , tapos nasira tuloy mga baril :)
If anyone can do it, metrillo can, bilib ako sa mga yun sa pagmachine
Madali masira pachmyr, maganda pa filter ng yosi

SMBeerDealer
10-10-2004, 23:50
Thanks BoGs. Allegra, can't find any original ones around here. It breaks easily pala talaga. I'll be bringing the gun to Metrillo this afternoon. I'll see if he can fabricate one for me.

Alexii, Mc_O, I dry fire around 1-2hrs a day with a dummy round. Only problem is I noticed just last Thursday na malalim na yung kain ng firing pin sa dummy so maybe it was no longer protecting the firing pin. That's my third dummy I wore out in as many months. Guess I have to keep some new ones as spares. ;f

I'll take some pics when he takes the slide apart, check narin if anything else broke.

Thanks for all your support guys. Tigra, judge, thanks for trying to find ways for me to continue the match yesterday. :)

JuDGe
10-10-2004, 23:51
no problemo! ;f

SMBeerDealer
10-10-2004, 23:52
Originally posted by Allegra
ayan kasi
advice kayo ng advice na mag dry fire , tapos nasira tuloy mga baril :)
If anyone can do it, metrillo can, bilib ako sa mga yun sa pagmachine
Madali masira pachmyr, maganda pa filter ng yosi

Hope he can. Would you know how long it takes?

I'll use both para makasiguro. Ngayon sarap magdry-fire, walang firing pin na aalalahanin. ;f;f;f

Eye Cutter
10-11-2004, 00:28
Tom,

Lagyan mo ng filter nang yosi between the hammer and firing pin. Works better than any dummy round!

Sayang di ko dala yung LDA ko kahapon. I intentionally left it para mapilitan ako iputok yung CZ ko. Kung dala ko lang LDA, pinahiram ko na sa iyo yung CZ.

Call PBD and inquire if they have an orig firing pin in stock.

batangueno
10-11-2004, 00:34
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
I'll be bringing the gun to Metrillo this afternoon. I'll see if he can fabricate one for me.
Make sure to order some extras, so that you'll have spares to bring during matches, lalo na doon sa malalayong range. :)

Eye Cutter
10-11-2004, 00:44
Tom,

tignan mo website ni Ernest Langdon (http://www.langdontactical.com/beretta.shtml)

available yung top end replacement kit.

mc_oliver
10-11-2004, 00:48
Ano material gamit to make the FP, engine valve din tulad ng 1911?

SMBeerDealer
10-11-2004, 22:54
Thanks for all your help guys. ;f

Batangueño, had 2 replacement FPs made and I'll have a couple more made by Tony Pascual. Guess I have a some more spares handy in my bag in the future (including all the other replaceables). Another hard lesson learned by a newbie. :)

Doc, ayos lang yun, thanks sa tulong nyong lahat nung Sunday. checking out Langdon's website narin. Think I'll order from him as well.

Think Judge will be posting the pic of the firing pin anytime soon. It broke in three places. The portion that hits the primer is gone so all you'll see is the body and the base of the firing pin. Thanks again BoGs. ;f

JuDGe
10-11-2004, 22:55
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/tom2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Tom1.jpg

SMBeerDealer
10-11-2004, 23:07
Tom,

Lagyan mo ng filter nang yosi between the hammer and firing pin. Works better than any dummy round!

Sayang di ko dala yung LDA ko kahapon. I intentionally left it para mapilitan ako iputok yung CZ ko. Kung dala ko lang LDA, pinahiram ko na sa iyo yung CZ.

Call PBD and inquire if they have an orig firing pin in stock.

Maniniguro na ko Doc. I'll use a filter as Tigra showed me and put a dummy round parin. Hehehe...

Called PBD yesterday and they don't have any in stock. Had a couple made for me nalang locally.

Thanks for all the advice. :)

Eye Cutter
10-11-2004, 23:14
http://www.langdontactical.com/images/speedbump.png

LTTSB-002 Stainless Steel Speed Bump Trigger - Drop In $49.00

LTT Stainless Guide Rod $24.00

Elite II Hammer $42.00

Elite II Extended Magazine Button $29.00

Elite Rubber Magazine Bottoms $10.00

LTT Competition Hammer Spring $5.00

92/96 Spring Pack $8.00

Firing Pin Pack $15.00

Top End Kit $40.00

Locking Block Kit $50.00

mc_oliver
10-12-2004, 00:16
How does the rear broken piece translate into the FP operation? Is this the point where it contacts the FP safety?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/tom2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Tom1.jpg

Fonzy
10-12-2004, 03:47

docEC,

how do you do this properly, how thick is the filter, what will keep it in place? anung brand ng yosi ;f ;Q

thank you po,

:cool:

Eye Cutter
10-12-2004, 04:57
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/100_1406.jpg

Eye Cutter
10-12-2004, 05:00
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/100_1407.jpg

SMBeerDealer
10-12-2004, 05:02
How does the rear broken piece translate into the FP operation? Is this the point where it contacts the FP safety?

I'm not exactly sure but I think the space in between is where the FP block holds it in place. We suspect the rear piece broke off long before the front end and was just kept in place by the hole it fits to in the slide.

Doc EC, thanks for posting the prices. Contacted my sister in the states so she could order the stuff and bring them back with her next month. Think kunin ko narin yung hammer spring para gumaan ng konti yung pull as Alexii advised.

Thanks guys.

Eye Cutter
10-12-2004, 05:08
oki doki! no problemo! glad to be of help! ikaw na pambato natin kay ernest langdon!!!
hahahaha!!!

Alexii
10-12-2004, 06:32
You won't be sorry with Langdon Tactical. I've installed the Speedbumb trigger, spurless hammer, heavy guide rod, and the D-hammer spring.

You can replace the trigger spring (which can, and does break) with Wolff's INS conversion unit. www.gunsprings.com (Go to Beretta)

The rest you can order from www.brignoliarmi.com I ordered my slide release, oversized mag release (excellent part), rubber mag pads, and stainless hex screws.

JuDGe
10-12-2004, 07:39
Di kasi ako nagyo-yosi eh! ;f

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02870.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/gaston770/Dsc02869.jpg

JuDGe
10-12-2004, 19:42
Epektib nga kaya yung palaman (yosi filter or leather strip) between the hammer and firing pin to preserve the firing pin while dry firing?

I was experimenting the other day with SMB using the leather strips na nakapalaman between the hammer & firing pin; and inserted a pencil inside the barrel. Pulled the trigger and the pencil flew from the barrel; so the firing pin is still banging away.

Try ko nga mamaya with a live round sa range and see if it will go BANG! ;f

tigra
10-12-2004, 20:04
JuDGe, the reason why I use yosi filter is to avoid damage to my firing pin stop (tama ba?). Nabibiyak daw dahil sa kakapalo ng hammer pag sobra sa dryfire.

Still, I use a dummy round to avoid damage to the breechface. Yung firing pin, pinapacheck ko na lang lagi kay Tata Dolpho. Pag di na maganda yung pagkabilog nung dulo ng FP, kinikikil na lang nya para bumilog ulit:)

OK yung style mo ah! Meron ka pa bang leather?;f

SMBeerDealer
10-12-2004, 20:21
Originally posted by tigra

OK yung style mo ah! Meron ka pa bang leather?;f

Care or 5-0 yung leather strip namin. Dami pa dun sa CPPSA. ;)

SMBeerDealer
10-12-2004, 20:48
Originally posted by Alexii
You won't be sorry with Langdon Tactical. I've installed the Speedbumb trigger, spurless hammer, heavy guide rod, and the D-hammer spring.

You can replace the trigger spring (which can, and does break) with Wolff's INS conversion unit. www.gunsprings.com (Go to Beretta)

The rest you can order from www.brignoliarmi.com I ordered my slide release, oversized mag release (excellent part), rubber mag pads, and stainless hex screws.

Think I'll go with the D hammer spring and the heavy guide rod first. Broke my trigger spring a couple of months ago and had replacements made. Working fine now. Hope I can get the other parts to fit in my budget. Thanks man. :cool:

Eye Cutter
10-12-2004, 22:26
judge: ang nipis naman yata ng palaman mo e. pagpatungin mo para kumapal

JuDGe
10-12-2004, 23:09
eyecutter, makapal naman yung leather strip at magka patong na nga yun.

tigra, patabas ka kay ernie sa range pag napadaan ka... baka sumaglit ako dun later, kita tayo. ;f

mc_oliver
10-12-2004, 23:36
Think I'll go with the D hammer spring and the heavy guide rod first. Broke my trigger spring a couple of months ago and had replacements made. Working fine now. Hope I can get the other parts to fit in my budget. Thanks man. :cool:
Hmmmm...my crystal ball is still foggy. But I think we have a homogenizer-in-the-making. ;f

9MX
10-13-2004, 00:46
Hmmmm...my crystal ball is still foggy. But I think we have a homogenizer-in-the-making. ;f

yup;f

Alexii
10-13-2004, 06:58

Sabi ko nga ba, nakakahawa yang si Ivan, eh.;f

SMBeerDealer
10-19-2004, 00:39
Guys, thanks for all your help. My Beretta's working fine now with a fabricated firing pin care of Metrillo. Had a spare made and planning to have another made by Tony Pascual, also ordered from Langdon for comparison purposes.

Back to dry firing but now I'm using the same leather strips used by judge with a piece of rubber matting in between the 2 strips to further cushion the blow and a dummy bullet to boot. Sana naman di ko na masira kaagad. ;f

zorkd
10-19-2004, 03:49
i suppose the leather strips and cigarette butts do serve a purpose, but on my pistol, i basically just dry fire anytime i please, (after making sure the chamber is empty of course) and in the course of a day i can easily dry fire it 30 to 40 times.

and this is without any padding.

so far so good, pin is still good, no signs of cracks on the fp stop, i guess chinese steel can really take a beating.

Alexii
10-19-2004, 04:45
Guys, thanks for all your help. My Beretta's working fine now with a fabricated firing pin care of Metrillo. Had a spare made and planning to have another made by Tony Pascual, also ordered from Langdon for comparison purposes.

The firing pin made by Metrillo was made out of an engine valve, correct? How is the unit's weight compared to the original? How much were you charged? Pardon the barrage of questions.;)

9MX
10-19-2004, 10:29
Had a spare made and planning to have another made by Tony Pascual,

tom,

save your money.forget about it, oks na c metrillo;)

Valor1
10-19-2004, 18:42
SMBeerdealer,
I agree with 9MX. Ok ka na kay Metrillo. Don't waste your money with Tony Pascual.

SMBeerDealer
10-19-2004, 19:34
Alexii,

Wasn't able to compare anything and ask much questions regarding the replacement FP. Got it just before closing Sat night and the guy and I were both in a rush. Had it fitted right away cause the portion that struck the hammer was missing if you rememember. Will get the original and the spare replacement tom so will compare them then. It cost me P800. I'll update you on the info. :)

Zorkd,

Hope Filipino steel is as tough as the Chinese ones. ;f

9mx, Valor1,

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll stick to these 2 FPs from Met. ;)

Fonzy
10-22-2004, 09:53
Epektib nga kaya yung palaman (yosi filter or leather strip) between the hammer and firing pin to preserve the firing pin while dry firing?

I was experimenting the other day with SMB using the leather strips na nakapalaman between the hammer & firing pin; and inserted a pencil inside the barrel. Pulled the trigger and the pencil flew from the barrel; so the firing pin is still banging away.

Try ko nga mamaya with a live round sa range and see if it will go BANG! ;f

hi judge,

how's your little experiment? did it go bang or click!?

thanks,

:cool:

jerrytrini
10-24-2004, 11:51
I can replace the firing pin or any internals for you no charge. I will TRY to bring some Beretta firing pins in January probably some springs too.

SMBeerDealer
10-24-2004, 20:53
Originally posted by jerrytrini
I can replace the firing pin or any internals for you no charge. I will TRY to bring some Beretta firing pins in January probably some springs too.

Thank you very much sir. :) I'm eagerly awaiting your arrival in January. ;)

9MX
10-25-2004, 05:06
Originally posted by jerrytrini

sir jerry,

is it ok if i invite a friend? he is not bogs but he is a cop like you who uses his beretta at IPSC matches. recently, he broke a spring (not sure which one) while dry firing. being on the job like you, i'm sure he would find it useful:)

mc_oliver
10-28-2004, 01:32
Some interesting info on the Beretta and 1911 development HERE. (http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.php?t=6806&highlight=browning+1910)

Enjoy. :)

SMBeerDealer
10-28-2004, 21:44
Some interesting info on the Beretta and 1911 development HERE. (http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.php?t=6806&highlight=browning+1910)

Enjoy. :)

Very informative link mc_o. :cool: