Bul M5 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bul M5

charlie-xray
10-12-2004, 12:36
Mga Sir,

Meron po kayang nakakaalam ukol sa Baril na ito, Bul M5 Made In Israel any good reviews or bad reviews. Could you point me to a website where there's good review about this model.

Just curious.

Thanks.

mbclubph
10-12-2004, 13:50
try handgunreview.com

ogiebb
10-12-2004, 16:24
its a very good platform for any kind of competition gun..actually i prefer it than a para ord..much easier to tinker with;)

paltik45
10-12-2004, 17:38
Yup its a good buy but try to avoid getting it from Shooters Arms Phil. Trust trade I guess is a good place to start. Several months ago a guy from Bul-M5 (Israel) posted a video clip of his FULL-AUTO Bul m5 1911. It was realy cool but I cant remember where I saw it. I think they also sponsored a shooting team in the Phil. during the Worldshoot held in Cebu.:)

ogiebb
10-12-2004, 18:16
Originally posted by paltik45
Yup its a good buy but try to avoid getting it from Shooters Arms Phil. Trust trade I guess is a good place to start. Several months ago a guy from Bul-M5 (Israel) posted a video clip of his FULL-AUTO Bul m5 1911. It was realy cool but I cant remember where I saw it. I think they also sponsored a shooting team in the Phil. during the Worldshoot held in Cebu.:)

Ha!! i remember that clip yun ata yung taga australia..strong hand pa ginamit para sa full auto..good one;)

bulm540
10-12-2004, 20:01
It is an excellent gun for the money, With the 2nd generation BUL M5 with the Bull barel it is even beter. I have been using the Bul IPSC .40 since 99 and have no problems with it. It is a light gun (the firsty generation BULs) so it lighter. You have to contend with littl bit more flip. I am Using 200 grainers on mine as it is a little softer to shoot. The video clip is located at www.bultranmark.com. Saul Kirsh is using the BUL with alot of success. Send him an e-mail if you want details and he will be happy to provide you with detail. Also contact Hayim Funes at www.bultrasmark.com if you have any specifics.

antediluvianist
10-12-2004, 22:23
A friend of mine has one. Quite accurate. Double-stack but the grip is not wide. Not all-metal (the grip is plastic), so yes,rather light, more muzzle flip.

Good gun.

julianz
10-13-2004, 04:27
i manage to fire this nice pistol , not that wide for small hands and accurate aswell. This pistol is famous and used by European champs like Saul Kirsch , Hayim Funes, Stephan cortinier and Marcel Van Laar.

At one time Nilampaso ni Saul Kirsch Si Erick Grauffel of France who uses a Tanfoglio.

and this pistol coming from a country who is always at war with its neighbor, im pretty sure its accurate just like the jerichos, Uzi, Galil to mention a few.

bulm540
10-13-2004, 06:32
Link to their website is www.bultransmark.com

bulm540
10-13-2004, 06:33
The grip can be textured or shaped which is a plus. The grip is alittl blocky but with a dremel and a 600 grit sandpaper I reshaped the grip and it fits my hand better now.

charlie-xray
10-13-2004, 15:00
Thanks Gents, I am really getting or say falling in-love with the Bul M5 Ultra X, would consider getting the .45 or 9mm. On a side by side comparison for a beginner will it be better to start with a large caliber?

Thanks a lot.

bulm540
10-13-2004, 17:36
A .40 I would recommend

ogiebb
10-13-2004, 17:57
.40 is the shiznit.good for carry good for matches..;f

mcg-doc
10-15-2004, 20:04
What mags does the second generation Bul M-5 takes?

paltik45
10-15-2004, 21:56
Before they released the second generation Bul-M5 they said it will take a Para-ord mags.

bulm540
10-16-2004, 07:25
2nd generation Bul would take would still take BUL mags, para mags SV and STI mags. You have to change mag catches if you are going to use para mags. Mine takes para, STI and SV mags without problems using a para mag catch. If you can buy the orignal BUL mags I would go with them.

bulm540
10-16-2004, 07:29
Here's another mod I did mine, BUL guns will take STI triggers. You just have to fit it. You have to file the top and bottom of the trigger body so it with fit the frame. You don't have to do anything with the trigger as it would fit the gun without mods.

charlie-xray
10-25-2004, 04:24
Mga Sir,

Meron po kaya sa inyong nakaka-alam kung saan ako makakabili nitong model na ito at sana po may idea kayo sa price para mapaghandaan ko yung pera. At saka sana hindi taboo itong tanong ko na kung maari bang ma-process at ma-release yung aking permit to own ng less than a months processing as in mga maximum 2 weeks time at magkano kaya idag-dag ko kasi. Kasi medyo gipit ako sa panahon at sobra hectic ng duties ko off-shore at walang panahon.

Salamat.

horge
10-25-2004, 05:15
Shooters Arms Manufacturing in Cubao (already mentioned)
Trust Trade in Pasig/QC (Robinson's Galleria)
Does WSC carry BUL, deenoh?
Does P.B.Dionisio offer the BUL Transmark lines?

Best to call up now and find out if they can do it in such a short time. You have to prepare a lot of documentation.

Theoretically...
Maybe someone here (a family member) can make a downpayment on a unit NOW, then FedEx the application forms to you for filling out, thumbprinting and signing. You then FedEx the papers back and your application can get moving even before you get here. If it's possible, then maybe (just maybe) that buys enough time.

You see...
While I don't advocate it, many buyers pay for the gun safety seminar, neuro-psychiatric and drug tests and then don't even show up ("non-appearance" processing) --thus, if you think about it, they technically didn't even need to be in the country... is that legal?

In any case, there'd be a fair amount of documentation you'd need to prepare, and quick:
-2x2 ID photos signed
-1x1 ID photos
-Employment Certificate (or PRC ID for Professionals)
-ITR and Withholding Tax Cert., of applicable
-Police Clearance
-Court Clearance
-Clearance from the Office of the Mayor
-Directorate of Intelligence Clearance

-Gun Safety Seminar Certificate
-Neuro-Psychiatric Test Certificate
-Drug test Clearance

Gun Club Membership for Pistols .45 cal and up
I had thought this wasn't true, but it turns out to be a de facto caliber-dictated requirement of the FED. Gun Club Membership means more filled-out and signed application forms, more ID photos, etc. However, many gun stores also offer to take care of al that for you --and some of them even have their own ranges/clubs to promote.

You need to find out if the 'theoretical' I've laid out is even near the realm of the 'real', let alone the legal and proper.

October's almost gone, and if I were to put money down, here and now, on a unit that is confirmed sitting pretty in the FED warehouse, I'm still not sure I could get it by December. If you're really serious about this, you need to be on it NOW.

Good luck.

jjserv
10-25-2004, 11:03

Kinda curious about your comment about Shooter Arms. This is actually the second time somebody told me the same thing - recently. Any negative experience about this shop? FYI, they are selling Para Ord P14 SS Limited with Power Extractor at P76K last time I was there a few weeks ago. Any input is pretty much appreciated... ;Q ;Q :)

bass one
10-25-2004, 19:36
At saka sana hindi taboo itong tanong ko na kung maari bang ma-process at ma-release yung aking permit to own ng less than a months processing as in mga maximum 2 weeks time at magkano kaya idag-dag ko kasi. Kasi medyo gipit ako sa panahon at sobra hectic ng duties ko off-shore at walang panahon. I purchased my gun last december from Ultra Systems. My brother-in-law fed-exed me all the papers to fill up and I mailed them back to him with the requirements (pictures, biodata). By the time I got home my gun was already with my bayaw. Everything can be processed in 2 weeks time (mine was faster). The only problem is can the gunstore produce your gun in 2 weeks? My license was released in 2 days;) but my gun came out after 2 weeks!...that, after FED people started scolding Ultra people for not producing the item. What's more, the gun was not even in the inventory list of FED....you make your own conclusions why this is so.

paltik45
10-25-2004, 22:05
Originally posted by jjserv
Kinda curious about your comment about Shooter Arms. This is actually the second time somebody told me the same thing - recently. Any negative experience about this shop? FYI, they are selling Para Ord P14 SS Limited with Power Extractor at P76K last time I was there a few weeks ago. Any input is pretty much appreciated... ;Q ;Q :)

There are several things that you should look into when buying your Bul-M5 at Shooters (this was based on my actual experience with them way back in 1996). First their uppers (slide, barrel,FP, etc.) are made in Cebu and the only original Bul-m5 part is the frame. Second their customer service sucks. It took me three months to get my PALTIK HYBRID from them. Third, since they've been using danao parts I had to replace my firing pin( napulpol) firing pin stop (nag-crack). Finaly if I am going to pay that much money I'd rather get my money's worth.;)

Alexii
10-25-2004, 22:17
There are several things that you should look into when buying your Bul-M5 at Shooters (this was based on my actual experience with them way back in 1996). First their uppers (slide, barrel,FP, etc.) are made in Cebu and the only original Bul-m5 part is the frame. Second their customer service sucks. It took me three months to get my PALTIK HYBRID from them. Third, since they've been using danao parts I had to replace my firing pin( napulpol) firing pin stop (nag-crack). Finaly if I am going to pay that much money I'd rather get my money's worth.;)

Goodness, can they do that?! Do they tell you off the bat that their slide, barrel, etc. are from Cebu? Or did they try to pass the thing as 100% Bul?

I've always felt off whenever I talk to their people at Gunshows. Most of the time, they don't know what they're talking about.

jjserv
10-25-2004, 22:34
Originally posted by Alexii
Goodness, can they do that?! Do they tell you off the bat that their slide, barrel, etc. are from Cebu? Or did they try to pass the thing as 100% Bul?

I've always felt off whenever I talk to their people at Gunshows. Most of the time, they don't know what they're talking about.

Paltik/Alexei:

Scary stuff! Considering you pay outrageously expensive prices for an "Original" then you are given a chopsuey of a gun...

Did they make amends when you discovered the fraud?;P

charlie-xray
10-26-2004, 11:52
Any comments on this kind of fraud happening at Hahn Store in Park Square Makati

Katakot pala, papaano ko ba masu-sure na tunay lahat ng parts na mabibili ko.

bulm540
10-26-2004, 18:44
You should have e-mailed Saul Kirsch in Israel ( now in Netheralands). He would have chewed out the SOBs. he will make it right however. Sorry you had a bad experience with the SOBs.

paltik45
10-26-2004, 20:34
Well in my case since I was still a newbie way back in 95-96 and it was my first licensed pistol. I only learned when I joined LAGCOM and they told me it was a HYBRID PALTIK. At first I didnt beleive them but after it didnt BANG during a match because the firing pin got to short (napulpol). I went back to SAM cubao to complain but they just gave me a spare FP. I didnt use it, instead I went to a machine shop and asked them to fabricate one from a "valve of a TOYOTA engine";) It worked but after another match I was about to clean my gun the FP stop fell on my table and the thing "split" into two. ;g I was finaly convinced when a new member showed up at the range with a Bul-M5 from TRUST-TRADE and I was able to compare. Yup its big difference:soap: I finaly sold it at the lesser price to get an ARMSCOR HI-CAP. ;f

charlie-xray
10-30-2004, 06:48
Gents,

Anybody could give me prices please Bul M5 Ultra X Model.

Please give price and store location.

Regards,
Cha

charlie-xray
10-30-2004, 06:49
Anybody had bad experience with this store/people in Park Square Makati? Especially with Bul's

julianz
10-30-2004, 07:03
i havent both any firearm from Hahn , i just tried their 9 mm jhp rounds , they caarry the CZ/ taurus , walther but for CZ go to PB.

For BulM's i think trust trade is the official dealer in PI
Try their robinsons ortigas branch lower basement..look for Boy ...show some attitude that you have LOTS of Money so they will entertain you more..(just my experience there) ;f
as i remember one BOG's has posted TT has opened up a new branch at Makati CS you can try that as well.Happy hunting.

charlie-xray
10-31-2004, 04:15
Thanks mate, especially on the attitude side kindda hard kasi wala ako gaanong pera ;Q ;Q ;Q

Originally posted by julianz
i havent both any firearm from Hahn , i just tried their 9 mm jhp rounds , they caarry the CZ/ taurus , walther but for CZ go to PB.

For BulM's i think trust trade is the official dealer in PI
Try their robinsons ortigas branch lower basement..look for Boy ...show some attitude that you have LOTS of Money so they will entertain you more..(just my experience there) ;f
as i remember one BOG's has posted TT has opened up a new branch at Makati CS you can try that as well.Happy hunting.

paltik45
10-31-2004, 08:23
Hey guys I think I got the link for the FULL-AUTO BUL-M5 www.bultransmark.com/files/miki-auto.mpg I hope this link works.;Q