Newbie wants to get into the hobby [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wants to get into the hobby


chipglock
10-13-2004, 20:43
Good Day Gentlemen,

For the past days ive been reading through this forum and I have found it very enlightening. I am thinking of taking this up as a hobby and for protection as well. I have already visited MCS and gotten the lowdown on what Ill need as a private employee for the owners license. As for the gun, I have yet to fire one, so I dont know which i fancy, I however am leaning towards the glock 19.
What else do i need to do? What clubs can you recommend I join? Do you recommend I take safety seminars? Take note, i have totally no knowledge of firearms, aside from the ROTC wooden gun hehehe


Thank you for your replies sirs :)

zorkd
10-13-2004, 21:10
while the PNP FED safety course is better than none, I would suggest you take a safety course from any seasoned shooter from this forum or elsewhere.

maybe show up for the next shoot meet.

your choice of the glock 19 is a good one, as long as you can comfortably shoot it accurately.

i like a 1911 better, but that's personal preference.

i am not a competition shooter, and wouldn't really say i am a seasoned one either, but i'd be more than happy to show and teach you what i have learned in the 12 years i have been handling pistols and rifles.

i regularly show up at the armscor range in parang marikina, message me if you are interested in meeting up.

afaik though, not a lot of BOGs go there...i might be wrong though.

mikey177
10-13-2004, 21:19
hello, chipglock. welcome to the BoG Forum.

You should preferably join a club that is close to your residence or place of work so it will be more convenient for you to practice frequently.

If you're near Marikina, a number of BoGs practice at the Armscor range during the weekends. Just inquire with 9MX, ppts799 and others if you could join them during one of their sessions. If you're near Frisco in Quezon City, I can strongly recommend PB Dionisio, where Doc Eye_Cutter can usually be found. If you're in Pangasinan, just look me up and we can shoot my air rifle in the backyard :)

Valor1
10-13-2004, 21:25
Welcome!

Your choice for your first gun (with emphasis on FIRST) is great. It is good value for money, easy to maintain and goes bang all the time. Parts are easily acquired and you can easily install them yourself. Your gunsmith won't get rich from you and you can always invite us to tweak your pistol over a cup of Starbucks or bottle of San Mig.

Although the FED Gun Safety Seminar is a true waste of time but required, I'll suggest you take it. It is like watching a B-movie that needs more fudns to make production more worthwhile. Since you'll be paying for one, might as well join it for the first time.

Join a gun club and you'll learn a lot from its members and range officers. Don't buy too much accessories yet. You may just dump them later. I suggest buy magazines, a good holster (inside the waistband and outside, locally made ones are good in Marikina), lots of practice ammo but don't use reloads on your stock glock (it is not recommended). If you are to use reloads, buy an aftermarket barrel (like KKM Precision, Barsto, Federal, etc.).

Shoot a lot. Shooting a lot is the only way you'll get familiar with a gun and get better too. Stay safe and practice keeping our finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Even seasoned shooters sometimes forget. Stay safe.

flyboy 1
10-13-2004, 21:26
Originally posted by zorkd
i regularly show up at the armscor range in parang marikina, message me if you are interested in meeting up.

afaik though, not a lot of BOGs go there...i might be wrong though.
A bunch of us will be shooting this coming Sunday afternoon at Armscor (myself, Deenoh, Homogenizer, ppts, 9mx, etc.) We'll see you guys there if you're available. Baka mag blow-out si Deenoh dahil birthday niya a few days ago!! ;f

one_eye_kirat
10-13-2004, 22:35
Originally posted by chipglock
Good Day Gentlemen,

For the past days ive been reading through this forum and I have found it very enlightening. I am thinking of taking this up as a hobby and for protection as well. I have already visited MCS and gotten the lowdown on what Ill need as a private employee for the owners license. As for the gun, I have yet to fire one, so I dont know which i fancy, I however am leaning towards the glock 19.
What else do i need to do? What clubs can you recommend I join? Do you recommend I take safety seminars? Take note, i have totally no knowledge of firearms, aside from the ROTC wooden gun hehehe


Thank you for your replies sirs :)
If ever you plan of getting serious with shooting and join the ipsc matches later on, I'd strongly suggest that you get glock 17 instead of glock 19. The only difference between them is the latter is compact. Don't get accessories that won't be allowed in IPSC. It'll only be a waste of money unless you've got the money to burn.

Eye Cutter
10-13-2004, 22:55
Ditto with one_eye. get the Glock 17 instead. best all around pistol for defense/carry and competition.

zorkd
10-13-2004, 23:07
sounds good, i'll see if i can make it, i sure would love to meet you guys.

ppts, if the flashlight will be ready na by then, that would be great, i'll just pay you sa ASRI.

agentrod
10-13-2004, 23:37
Looks like MCS is accessible to you. Try inquiring at Northstar indoor range, I believe they can rent you out a pistol (for a fee) and the RO's there can assist you. Tell them honestly na its you're 1st time to fire, I'm sure they will help you out

Alexii
10-14-2004, 00:17
Try to send Deenoh a private message. I think they have very good offers on Glocks and licensing services.

Ditto on the advice re getting the 17. Can't go wrong with that.

Welcome to the BoGs!

chipglock
10-14-2004, 00:25
Wow!
Thanks for all the replies sirs. Nagaganahan na ako and I cant wait to meet up with you guys so you can show me the ropes so to speak :) And possibly be part of this tightly-knit responsible community.
Yes, I reside in the makati area, very near makati med, so I guess its northstar for the meantime. I will however, try to attend your shooting days in QC and Marikina once di na ako masyado mapapahiya :P
So I guess first on the agenda is to get the seminar out of the way and decide on a FIRST gun. Hmm i was dead set on the 19 but your comments are convincing me otherwise, keep them coming please. :) I think personal experience from you people is a hundred times more important than what the specs say on paper.
As for competing, well I dont have any plans yet pero baka naman maganahan ako when I see you guys in action hehehe But for now, its more of a personal safety and hobby thing with me.

Cheers gentlemen, keep them coming :)

flyboy 1
10-14-2004, 00:52
...

mikey177
10-14-2004, 01:41
chipglock,

Huwag ka na mahiya. If you can make it, go to Armscor this Sunday to meet the other BoGs. They'd be more than willing to give you initial pointers on shooting and safety and afterward, let you try their different guns so you'll have a better idea of what you really want. Heck, I'll be in QC too on that weekend and I'd jump at the chance to go if my schedule allowed it.

SMBeerDealer
10-14-2004, 02:58
Welcome to BoGs Chipglock!

I'm a new shooter too and these guys have helped me a lot. Met quite a few of them at the Armscor range a few weeks ago at the de Leon Cup and some more at BRPG last weekend. Even got my full rig courtesy of Eye Cutter. Lots of tips to be had from this bunch.

Everyone helps out everybody here. Thanks guys.

Happy and safe shooting. Kampai! ;Y

ppts799
10-14-2004, 03:03
welcome chipglock!! you are very welcome to join us this sunday. i think we are meeting up around 2pm at armscor.

call deenoh or text him. wsc P43,300 for G19 or G17, includes processing fee.

mc_oliver
10-14-2004, 03:08
...who knows, baka akala mo lang gusto mo glock pero all-steel pala hanap-hanap ng kamay mo. ;);f

;F

deenoh
10-14-2004, 06:17
Chipglock, if you are interested in either the Glock 17 and 19, give me a call tomorrow or Saturday, 6877607 or 6877973. Our company has dropped it prices on the 17 and 19. I might be able to interest you in getting one. Just look for me.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

Welcome to the BOGs

vega
10-14-2004, 06:53
chipglock - Welcome to the forum. Nice decision you made there on jumping the band wagon. Oh, good decision too on the choice of pistol.

Regarding competition, that's what I said too when I bought my first pistol, just for self defense but my buddies won't hear any of it. They taught me he basic then sabak na when Sunday came.

After the first run tanggal na ang kaba. Can't wait fot the second stage. Hope you can make it this Sunday and meet these great guys.

vega

jjserv
10-14-2004, 07:56
Welcome chipglock. Still a lot of non-IPDA or IPSC competing BOGs here. You will surely feel at home almost immediately... see you in the upcoming group activities...;F

doctabako
10-14-2004, 08:46
chipglock,

;F to BOGs and the wonderful(and expensive) world of firearms hobbyists. I'm sure your contemplated Glock will only be the first of many.:)

julianz
10-14-2004, 09:29
;F ;F ;F Chipglock Glock 17 as BOG's is a good starter gun and in the long run you can get some more coz im sure the first time you smell gun powder you will be hooked and will never look back welcome again.

julianz
10-14-2004, 09:30
Originally posted by julianz
;F ;F ;F Chipglock, Glock 17 as BOG's said is one of so many good starter gun and in the long run you can get some more coz im sure the first time you smell gun powder you will be hooked and will never look back welcome again.

chipglock
10-15-2004, 00:23
Thank you for all the warm welcomes sirs! :)
I never expected such a supportive and friendly community, always ready to lend a hand and give advise. Kudos to you all! :)
Unfortunately, Im heading to the province-cagayan de oro, this sunday and wont be back until monday pa. Sayang nga e. Ill be joining you gents on the next shooting day nalang if thats ok :) Sana mahaba pasensya nyo sakin kasi wala talaga akong alam but im willing to learn from the masters :)
Deenoh, wow thats a very attractive price sir, can i give you a ring after ive tried out the other models na? I hope this is not too much of a hassle, I just want to make sure the First gun i get will be the one i keep for a long time :) And napaisip ako doon sa comment ni mc baka nga all-steel hahanapin ng kamay ko so better try everything out muna :)

By the way my names Chip, taken na kasi yung Chip na username e hehehe
More power to the BOGs! :)

batangueno
10-15-2004, 01:23
You know there are also some BOGs in Cagayan De Oro. :)

;F

mikey177
10-15-2004, 01:37
In the meantime, Chip, if you haven't already done so, you should do some research on gun safety. Practice the 4 rules of gun safety (http://www.thehighroad.org/library/rules.html) until they become second nature to you.

There's a lot of detailed information on this topic, like this link from the NRA (http://www.nrahq.org/education/guide.asp)

Remember, in shooting, safety should always come first... and if you don't believe me, just look at the thread on Close Calls (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297272) :)

deenoh
10-15-2004, 09:03
Originally posted by chipglock
Deenoh, wow thats a very attractive price sir, can i give you a ring after ive tried out the other models na? I hope this is not too much of a hassle,

Chip, no problem. Wala naman expiration date ang baril namin :) hehehe... pero until supplies last lang ;f Hope to see you on the next fun shoot pero if you can postpone your trip, try to kasi minsan lang na ganito ka dami ang pupunta on Sunday sa Armscor. Sayang yun chance.

;F

glockomolly
10-17-2004, 23:39
Chipglock, im from Makati area too & also a newbie in this hobby. I go to Northstar whenever there is spare time. Mssg me when you have your gun already, probably we can shoot together sometime.

glockomolly
10-17-2004, 23:39
Chipglock, im from Makati area too & also a newbie in this hobby. I go to Northstar whenever there is spare time. Mssg me when you have your gun already, probably we can shoot together sometime.

ppts799
10-17-2004, 23:44
glockomolly : you've been with us for some time now (original thread?), hope you could join us one of these days, be it funshoots or dinner.

PhiberOptik
10-17-2004, 23:47
Welcome to BOG's chipglock!! Be safe always!!

chipglock
10-18-2004, 20:46
Thank you for all the warm welcomes and suggestions sirs, Ive started reading up on gun safety and I must admit its all pretty simple yet very important. :)
Sorry I wasnt able to join you last sunday, i couldnt postpone the trip e. Next time, pupunta talaga ako so that I can learn from you guys. :)
Glockmolly, great suggestion sir, I shall give you a ring once I have my gun na, at least may kasama na rin ako sa MCS, thanks :)

To the BOGs, thank you for all the help sirs and I look forward to meeting you gentlemen.

Cheers,
Chip

glockomolly
10-18-2004, 23:30
Originally posted by ppts799
glockomolly : you've been with us for some time now (original thread?), hope you could join us one of these days, be it funshoots or dinner.


Thanks for the invitation ppts799 :) Yah, I'd like to meet you BOGS and learn more about the sport. Maybe one of these days - I'll show up with your funshoots ;f

mbclubph
10-19-2004, 03:10
if your planning to buy glock or paraord get it from urban better prices available glock 19 42k less 10% cash prize and g26 paraord p16 standard blue 62k less 10% cash prize look for ana :) :) :)

zorkd
10-19-2004, 03:37
so hindi si chip yung big guy na naka red shirt?

oh wait, nalito ako, kala ko si chip yun.

deenoh
10-19-2004, 06:37
Originally posted by mbclubph
if your planning to buy glock or paraord get it from urban better prices available glock 19 42k less 10% cash prize and g26 paraord p16 standard blue 62k less 10% cash prize look for ana :) :) :)

Pero Chip, if you want to help a fellow BOG member out, maybe you'll still consider getting from Weapons Systems Corp ;f ;f

The guy in the red shirt was Raul

julianz
10-19-2004, 07:31
Originally posted by deenoh
Pero Chip, if you want to help a fellow BOG member out, maybe you'll still consider getting from Weapons Systems Corp ;f ;f

The guy in the red shirt was Raul


yah ..Deenoh can probably cook up a good deal.

Pag di ko nagustuhan HS2000 (my next project) ill go to Deenoh for GLOCKS


ok na sig line


DEENOH FOR GLOCKS

Valor1
10-19-2004, 08:23
Get your Glocks from Deenoh. He's a great guy and I met him na kasi. Personally, if the price difference is a few thousands and your buying from a friend or someone you know, okey na yon. Any concerns after the purchase is easily addressed. Sometimes naman kasi good service may be a bit expensive but worth it. Sipsip.

deenoh
10-19-2004, 08:31
julianz, thank you for the support sir ;f

Valor1, it was great meeting you. Too bad those people from the bank arrived, had to cut our **** chat session short. Always nice to meet a fellow BOG.

Valor1
10-19-2004, 08:38
No problem Deenoh. See you sometime. Probably over a few bottles, food and a great view. he he he

mbclubph
10-19-2004, 12:48
sorry sir deenoh hindi ko napansin and wala naman rin g17 sa urban paubos narin stocks nila hehehe :) :) :)

mbclubph
10-19-2004, 12:52
KAY DEENOH KA NLANG MAG AVAIL NG GLOCK YUNG WARRANTY IMPOTANTE SA LAHAT KAYA NI DEENOH YAN :) :) :)

v1ct0r
10-19-2004, 16:52
Originally posted by Valor1
Get your Glocks from Deenoh. He's a great guy and I met him na kasi. Personally, if the price difference is a few thousands and your buying from a friend or someone you know, okey na yon. Any concerns after the purchase is easily addressed. Sometimes naman kasi good service may be a bit expensive but worth it. Sipsip.

^ What he said. :)

Pepe G Boy
10-20-2004, 19:38
After numerous researches from this thread as well as other forum posts, i decided to get a Glock. I was originally thinking of an HS2000 but this thread convinced me otherwise.

Thanks guys, for all your help.

deenoh
10-20-2004, 19:44
That's what we're here for :)

Welcome to the BOGs Pepe G Boy

;F

mikey177
10-20-2004, 21:19
Originally posted by Pepe G Boy
After numerous researches from this thread as well as other forum posts, i decided to get a Glock. I was originally thinking of an HS2000 but this thread convinced me otherwise.

Whew, that's a relief. I though that after reading the threads here, you were convinced to get a SeeSay :)

9MX
10-20-2004, 22:09
Originally posted by Pepe G Boy
After numerous researches from this thread as well as other forum posts, i decided to get a Glock.

Get it from WSC, pm deenoh!;)

Pepe G Boy
10-21-2004, 00:08
Heard there will be a gunshow this november. Will it be cheaper to purchase there?

Eye Cutter
10-21-2004, 00:19
Not really. the AFAD is a cartel. Prices are set among all members para walang cut-throat competition. But if you get your unit during the last day or after the gunshow, you can haggle for better prices or for some extras like ammo or accessories.

Ngayon pa lang dapat nag-ca-canvass ka na ng unit na gusto mo kunin then ask if it will be discounted next month.

If you're planning to get a glock, get it from deenoh. They're giving the best prices for glocks nowadays.

chipglock
10-21-2004, 03:50
Sorry sirs di ako yung big guy in red, im actually a lil guy and im kalbo so no chance na ako yon hehehe
deenoh, ill give you a ring sometime, may inaasikaso lang ako. I want to be able to enjoy my new "baby" immensely when i finally get it.
Thank you for all the advise sirs :) more power to BOGs! :)

cebuboy
10-21-2004, 04:06
Originally posted by mikey177
Whew, that's a relief. I though that after reading the threads here, you were convinced to get a SeeSay :)

hi mikey, why? whats wrong with them czeskas? i just found out that they are nice guns too:) although i think the jericho version is much better, may night sights na:)

ppts799
10-21-2004, 20:58
I CONFESS! I GOT FROM DINO!;a

i called URBAN, they only have G19s, no G17s. their price is 42K but PROCESSING is an additional P4,500. so that's 46,500 all in. i asked for a discount, i mentioned other gun stores can give a lower price. they said they couldn't go lower. i asked if they could lower the price if i pay in cash, they said they only accept cash, no credit cards.

9MX
10-21-2004, 22:18
Originally posted by cebuboy
hi mikey, why? whats wrong with them czeskas? i just found out that they are nice guns too:) although i think the jericho version is much better, may night sights na:)

definitely nothing wrong with the CZs;z ahhh errr..except for a premature slide lock every now and then

mikey kc has that sissy satin nickel plated CZ combat pero mas feel niya maging ala Deputy Marshal Shepard;f

mikey177
10-22-2004, 01:47
Cebu Boy,

There's nothing wrong with the CZs, in fact I like my 85 Combat very much. I was just making a joke about the conclusion that Pepe G Boy would reach after reading the BoG Forum, which I find kind of amusing given that this is a Glock forum but a lot of us have CZs as well as Glocks :)

Sensya na po, medyo mahirap mag-joke a Internet, di makuha yung facial expression. Maybe I should've used this infamous smiley ;z

julianz
10-22-2004, 02:21
;F Pepe G Boy. you will enjoy it here man lots of first hand info you can rely on..by the way what does G means Government bayan parang sa G.I. welcome again these guys are great.

CZ are nice but for small handed people like me its a bit of a problem.

If your planning to get the HS2000 why dont you give it a go and let me/us know how it performs ;f
what the heck get a CZ also.

That is after you get your Glock from Deenoh

DEENOH for GLOCKS

cebuboy
10-22-2004, 04:12
hi mikey, 9mx:) hahaha it looks like mag band of cz na kayo:) thanks for the info, they look like solid guns. the slide is in the frame, most pistols the slide is over the frame. oh btw, i heard that the slide stop pin in cz75 is prone to breakage, is this true??

Pepe G Boy
10-22-2004, 04:24
thanks julianz. already got from deenoh. ;f might have to postpone the hs2000 for the meantime.

ppts799
10-25-2004, 00:34
after observing my 4 month old baby, i came to realize that the bond between mother and daughter(baby) is like no other.

therefore . . .

mikol
10-25-2004, 01:56
Originally posted by ppts799
after observing my 4 month old baby, i came to realize that the bond between mother and daughter(baby) is like no other.

therefore . . .

naks...bosing ppts ganda ng mag-ina mo a! kailan kaya ako makapag-asawa at magkaroon ng anak na ganoon ka gandang. ;)

bosing baka gusto mo pa-ampon yung 17 mo mahilig kasi ako sa bata ;e ;a ;e

mikey177
10-25-2004, 09:53
Father Pio, what is the skateboard tape at the bottom of the trigger guard for?

I like your family... i hope you have a grandchild soon (G26) :)

9MX
10-25-2004, 09:58
Originally posted by cebuboy
hi mikey, 9mx:) hahaha it looks like mag band of cz na kayo:) thanks for the info, they look like solid guns. the slide is in the frame, most pistols the slide is over the frame. oh btw, i heard that the slide stop pin in cz75 is prone to breakage, is this true??

hehe, mikey, casmot and i are also members of the CZ forum. Band of CZars or BoCZ, sama pakinggan. BoCZya na lang;f

heard the same about the slide stop, but mine has yet to break;z

9MX
10-25-2004, 09:59
Originally posted by ppts799
after observing my 4 month old baby, i came to realize that the bond between mother and daughter(baby) is like no other.

therefore . . .

wala mga fake glocks yan, pula kasi ang letra;f

ganda ng decal grips ng 17 mo ah, kanino mo binili yan?;a

Eye Cutter
10-25-2004, 16:46
boring dun sa CZ fortum. mas ok dito

3M tape yata nakakabit sa 17 ni ppts

mc_oliver
10-25-2004, 20:26
Sexy pi, ganda G17 mo ah. Kaso mey crack yung slide...

ppts799
10-25-2004, 20:32
yup, the g17 has the 3M tape.

mikey: the g19 has the decal grip(c/o jmy) and all the parts came in a package, including the thing below the trigger guard. it adds friction to the pointer of my weak hand. i learned the hard way that it shouldn't be placed too near the grip for the middle finger of the strong hand to hit - after many draws, sasakit ang mga daliri mo.

ppts799
10-25-2004, 20:41
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Sexy pi, ganda G17 mo ah. Kaso mey crack yung slide...
9mx: parang flashlights ko lang yan - made in china.

kahit na may crack, pumuputok parin;a

gunfool
10-26-2004, 02:29
Originally posted by ppts799
after observing my 4 month old baby, i came to realize that the bond between mother and daughter(baby) is like no other.

therefore . . . Sir tanong ko lang kung yung sights ng G17 mo are the original sights (front & rear) or aftermarket sights na. thanks.......

ppts799
10-26-2004, 02:36
Originally posted by gunfool
Sir tanong ko lang kung yung sights ng G17 mo are the original sights (front & rear) or aftermarket sights na. thanks.......
rear is stock adjustable sights. front is AO night sights (not the big dot) c/o jmy din.

gunfool
10-27-2004, 03:10
Originally posted by ppts799
rear is stock adjustable sights. front is AO night sights (not the big dot) c/o jmy din. Sir thanks. Medyo curious lang kasi ako at iba yung front sight doon sa G19 mo.

Ganda ng mother and daughter mo sir! Anyway, malapit na din yung sa akin. heheheh... Kaya lang sacrifice muna yung single stack project. Lagi na lang nau-udlot. Kasalanan lahat ni Deenoh to.;f

deenoh
10-27-2004, 08:12
Originally posted by gunfool
Sir thanks. Medyo curious lang kasi ako at iba yung front sight doon sa G19 mo.

Ganda ng mother and daughter mo sir! Anyway, malapit na din yung sa akin. heheheh... Kaya lang sacrifice muna yung single stack project. Lagi na lang nau-udlot. Kasalanan lahat ni Deenoh to.;f

Single stacks will always be there sir. Yun Glock sale namin malapit na matapos ;f Kaya tara na! Bili na ;f ;f Ok, enough advertising for me.

Thank you to the BOGs who helped/will help us dispose of our Glocks ;Y

darwin25
10-28-2004, 18:39
For some, its a hobby. Others take it as a passion;z

mc_oliver
10-28-2004, 19:50
Originally posted by darwin25
For some, its a hobby. Others take it as a passion;z
...and quite a few are bordering on obsession. ;f

PMMA97
10-28-2004, 20:53
Originally posted by 9MX
hehe, mikey, casmot and i are also members of the CZ forum. Band of CZars or BoCZ, sama pakinggan. BoCZya na lang;f

heard the same about the slide stop, but mine has yet to break;z

Kasali din ako dun... masid masid lang;e

gunfool
10-28-2004, 21:03
Originally posted by deenoh
Single stacks will always be there sir. Yun Glock sale namin malapit na matapos ;f Kaya tara na! Bili na ;f ;f Ok, enough advertising for me.

Thank you to the BOGs who helped/will help us dispose of our Glocks ;Y
I'll difinitely see you next week sir. Approved na ke misis lahat basta no change daw yung price. ;f Sir reminder lang i-reserve mo na please yung isang G17 sa akin. Sa totoo lang di na ako makatulog. Saka na lang muna yung single stack project. Kelangan ko ma convince uli si wifey.

julianz
10-29-2004, 00:10
Originally posted by PMMA97
Kasali din ako dun... masid masid lang;e

dun din po ako pero mas enjoy dito , besides i dont have the hiram CZ anymore( originally owened by my leo cousin-the bastard got transfered) so i bought my own not CZ.

mikey177
11-17-2004, 19:52
Originally posted by ppts799
after observing my 4 month old baby, i came to realize that the bond between mother and daughter(baby) is like no other.

therefore . . .

I couldn't let Pio have all the fun, so... I had an impromptu pictorial with my new baby, or is it mother?

mikey177
11-17-2004, 19:55
Here's a more artistic shot. The new G17 (thank you, deenoh!) went to the range for the first time last Tuesday. 150 rounds and no malfunctions. What more could a daddy ask for :)

ppts799
11-17-2004, 22:08
GREAT PICS MIKEY!

pero bitin... that's the mother and the kid, where's the daddy and the baby?

teka, mas mabilis yata lumabas yung unit mo kesa sa akin ha... may galit yata si dino sa akin. my unit took 2 weeks and 4 days. ;)

gunfool
11-17-2004, 22:28
Originally posted by mikey177
I couldn't let Pio have all the fun, so... I had an impromptu pictorial with my new baby, or is it mother?

Nice pic sir! Di bale malapit na din siguro yung sa akin. Mother nga lang muna saka na yung daughter pag nalambing ko uli si misis. BTW sir, I noticed wala yung "U" shaped like (sorry di ko alam tawag) doon sa end nang grip. Ano ba tinapal mo doon?

mikey177
11-17-2004, 22:40
Originally posted by gunfool
BTW sir, I noticed wala yung "U" shaped like (sorry di ko alam tawag) doon sa end nang grip. Ano ba tinapal mo doon?

If you're talking about the G19, I didn't make any mods to the grip. Its an older C-series (year 2000, I think), and the grip really doesn't have the "U"-shaped cut-out in front. Maybe the "U" cutout was a feature added in later years.

Does anyone have a new G19 for comparison?

gunfool
11-17-2004, 23:12
Originally posted by mikey177
If you're talking about the G19, I didn't make any mods to the grip. Its an older C-series (year 2000, I think), and the grip really doesn't have the "U"-shaped cut-out in front. Maybe the "U" cutout was a feature added in later years.

No sir, your G17. I noticed there's "U" shaped cut on the front when Dino showed me the unit for demo. Napansin ko din may konting play yung "mag" pag nakasalpak. Ganun din ba sa 'yo. I mean lahat ba ng glock ganun?

chipglock
11-18-2004, 04:05
Originally posted by mikey177
If you're talking about the G19, I didn't make any mods to the grip. Its an older C-series (year 2000, I think), and the grip really doesn't have the "U"-shaped cut-out in front. Maybe the "U" cutout was a feature added in later years.

Does anyone have a new G19 for comparison?

in 15 working days hopefully ill have my new baby! :) i confess, i got from deenoh hehehehe :D
sorry couldnt make it to the annive gentlemen, had a lot to do during the long weekend kasi e :)

btw, thanks deenoh :)

mikey177
11-18-2004, 04:09
gunfool, from the picture that Pio posted, I noticed that his G17 has the U-shaped cutout, just like mine. It looks like a design enhancement to make the mags easier to forcibly remove if they ever get stuck.

And yes, there's a bit of play when you insert the mags, since Glocks were apparently made to be a bit "loose" to enhance their reliability. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is all speculation on my part.

deenoh
11-18-2004, 04:21
Originally posted by mikey177
Here's a more artistic shot. The new G17 (thank you, deenoh!) went to the range for the first time last Tuesday. 150 rounds and no malfunctions. What more could a daddy ask for :)

Originally posted by chipglock
in 15 working days hopefully ill have my new baby! :) i confess, i got from deenoh hehehehe :D
sorry couldnt make it to the annive gentlemen, had a lot to do during the long weekend kasi e :)

btw, thanks deenoh :)

Thank you mga sirs for choosing WSC ;f

deenoh
11-18-2004, 06:58
Mikey, I got inspired by your picture so I tried it myself. Here's the result of the picture of my new baby. BTW, I'll call you tom. I'm so in love with your second shot of the 17 and 19, I think we can use that soon. Let's talk about it tom.

Anyway, here's my version:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/9100nyIuX/196626.jpg

gunfool
11-18-2004, 17:52
Originally posted by mikey177
gunfool, from the picture that Pio posted, I noticed that his G17 has the U-shaped cutout, just like mine. It looks like a design enhancement to make the mags easier to forcibly remove if they ever get stuck.

And yes, there's a bit of play when you insert the mags, since Glocks were apparently made to be a bit "loose" to enhance their reliability. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is all speculation on my part.

I see, It could be my tired eyes maybe. I thought you had put something to cover that cut. Yeah it could be a design enhancement. Sorry for my stupid questions regarding glocks as am used to 1911 and revolvers only. Once my unit comes, I'll try to familiarize everything.(I confess got it from deenoh also) Better tabi kami (g17) matulog kasama yung model ko habang nasa labas ng room si misis hawak yung .45 ko.;f

julianz
11-20-2004, 01:33
Originally posted by deenoh
Mikey, I got inspired by your picture so I tried it myself. Here's the result of the picture of my new baby. BTW, I'll call you tom. I'm so in love with your second shot of the 17 and 19, I think we can use that soon. Let's talk about it tom.

Anyway, here's my version:

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/9100nyIuX/196626.jpg
okey tong pic mo Deenoh pang guns and Ammo magazine;D

mikey177
02-15-2005, 19:37
Originally posted by ppts799
GREAT PICS MIKEY!

pero bitin... that's the mother and the kid, where's the daddy and the baby?

Here's a pic of the daddy. I'm still trying to put together a decent family picture. This gun photography thing is tricky, and its challenging to compose good shots.

Eye Cutter
02-15-2005, 22:19
Mikey: Very Nice!

darwin25
02-15-2005, 23:41
Very Nice Mikey and Deenoh.

Move over Ichiro Nagata;f :)