armscor .38 Spcl. revolvers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : armscor .38 Spcl. revolvers

antediluvianist
10-15-2004, 22:23
Guys, am thinking of buying an Armscor .38 spcl. revolver as a cheap backup to my S&W686Plus - it's faster than using a speedloader, especially in the dark - or simply just for the hell of it.

Caloy Tuason says they are OK, but mainly used by security guards (well, that's OK.)Only costs about P9000 for the cheapest one.

Does anyone here own/use/have experience with one of these Armscor .38 Spcl. revolvers? I'm thinking of the cheap 2-incher.

doctabako
10-15-2004, 22:54
Our bank's security guard has one. I've brought him to the range a couple of times as he wants to practice with his duty arm and I've tried it. Its a great revolver for the price. Trigger pull feels like a stock Taurus.Accuracy is okay, workmanship is passable. It would make a nice back-up gun.:)

Eye Cutter
10-15-2004, 23:19
it's an excellent back up revolver. all armscor revolvers i've seen uses the locking mechanism similar to the Colt's. you pull the latch release instead of pushing it forward.

kerwin
10-16-2004, 03:35
I have an old armscorp .38, squires bingham pa ang tatak nito. Its very reliable. lock up is indeed similar to colt. It makes a very nice car gun. No safeties to fumble with, just point the revolver to your intended target and squeeze the trigger. Kaya lang, kung di mo pa na neutralize ang target mo after firing six rounds, patay kang bata ka. I have a speed loader and a pair of speed strips that goes with it every time i decide to bring it along.

antediluvianist
10-17-2004, 00:04
Kerwin, may i ask : your speedloader for the Armscor revolver - is it the standard HKS speedloader for J frame? K frame? Do you have the code number?

Second question - anybody fire +P .38 special rounds in it?

kerwin
10-17-2004, 04:03
antediluvanist, its hks 10. i never tried +p on my squires, i dont know if it can take it. The hks speedloader that i am using used to be the spare for my colt official police, i dont remember the frame size. I think its a k frame.

vega
10-17-2004, 12:24
kerwin - That squires bingham is a keeper. I believe those early productions have german barrels unlike the Armscor brand. My Dad used to have a rifle (22LR) with the same marking but he sold it when I was out of the country. I tried buying it back and I offered twice the amount he bought it but he doesn't want to sell it back. Lucky dude uses it for hunting.

vega

jundeleon
10-17-2004, 22:57
Ante

Why did you pick the armscor 38 as back up?
For a little more, I think you could get a taurus 7-shooter 357 also.
Pwede yata same speed loaders for the taurus 7-shot and the SW 686plus.
Just a thought.

antediluvianist
10-18-2004, 00:27
Thanks for the idea, Jundleon. The Armscor .38 is less than P10K; that's quite a bit cheaper than even the Taurus. Anyway, I appreciate the idea.

kerwin
10-18-2004, 00:48
vega, the revolver is still in good condition, specially the barrel. I don't know if it is indeed German made, but i guess you are right, the revolver is a keeper.