Warm-Up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Warm-Up

Fonzy
10-15-2004, 22:54
How do you warm-up before a match, club shoot, etc. (assuming you're in the firing range already)? Anung physical preparation, last minute equipment check, tweaks, etc. bago kayo sumabak :)

What's your routine?

Thanks,

:cool:

Eye Cutter
10-15-2004, 23:03
a lot of guys shoot fouling rounds to get their timing in gear and to get the pistol broken in.

some like to start with the short courses while some like to start with the long courses. nothing beats a good sprint to get the blood going. me, i usually start with medium courses na puro papel lang.

paltik45
10-15-2004, 23:28
Just relax and dont think that its a life and death situation. If you have a chance just do some draw and fire routine if the situation permits (some R.O. dont allow this.) One more thing "NO CAFFEINE" atleast three days before the main event. It can couse tremors and anxiety attacks.:cool:

Allegra
10-16-2004, 03:10
Originally posted by paltik45
Just relax and dont think that its a life and death situation. If you have a chance just do some draw and fire routine if the situation permits (some R.O. dont allow this.) One more thing "NO CAFFEINE" atleast three days before the main event. It can couse tremors and anxiety attacks.:cool:

Do ako pwede dun :)
Addict ako sa coffee, 15 mugs a day, 3 before sleeping
I'm not sure gaNUN sya kaimportant for ipsc kasi ang lalaki naman ng target. Sa rifle comps siguro or precision pistol etc.

No need for warmup for me
Pampatanggal ng nerbios kelangan ko hehehe
Seriously, getting your mind focused is more important than warmups
Pag nasanay ka sa fouler ek ek , pano kung big match bigla hindi pinayagan?
Ivisualize mo nag fouler ka ganun na rin yun :)

Eye Cutter
10-16-2004, 04:02
hahahaha!!! i-trash talk mo silang lahat para masindak! naks! bokya na sila, di ka pa man din nakakapag-umpisa pumutok! hahahaha!!!

glck17
10-16-2004, 04:14
dry fire at the safety area.

doc ec, hinde kayo natuloy sa pma level 3?

Eye Cutter
10-16-2004, 04:43
hindi na ako nakasama sa tropa, saka hindi rin pwede kapatid ko na dapat kasama ko. sa susunod na lang. madami pa naman magagandang laban!

ogiebb
10-16-2004, 05:44
dry fire and dry grips on the safety area ...napulot ko lang yun sa mga Top Dogs e..since addict din ako sa caffein. cofee and energy drinks for the whole day helps me... it freakin works;f

mc_oliver
10-16-2004, 07:51
Hmmm....'di yata ako pede pag bawal fouling shots. Won't be able to verify kung yung bago'ng experiment eh gagana yung baril. ;f

Seriously, ako stretching pede na. During the course of the match palaging nagpa-pump ng grip sa baril from the holster.

9MX
10-16-2004, 14:10
1. stretch
2. pick an "easy stage"
3. shoot away

but i gotta have my coffee in the morning or i go berzerk;z

Fonzy
10-16-2004, 16:38
i tried chewing gum to relieve tension, even top athletes do it (pero di ako top athlete ha ;f ).

any battle cry you recite to yourself, just to psyche you up or pump that adrenalin, ahehehe! :)

Allegra
10-16-2004, 20:38
Originally posted by Fonzy
i tried chewing gum to relieve tension, even top athletes do it (pero di ako top athlete ha ;f ).

any battle cry you recite to yourself, just to psyche you up or pump that adrenalin, ahehehe! :)

NO id no entry!!! corny
Baliktad ako , I dont psyche myself up nor try to pump my adrnealin
Pumapangit galaw ko and I tend to hurry my shots
Nirerelax ko nga sarili ko halos nakakatulog nako

jasonub
10-17-2004, 06:13
most have already said it above. me i just stretch, do some jumping, then dri fire at the safe area. If there is a chance ill do 1 bill drill.

i also chew gum

julianz
10-18-2004, 10:00

try this BOBO mga Kalaban ko..Kaya ko to...wag mo lang paririnig at baka putukan ka;f ;f ;f

julianz
10-18-2004, 10:01

try this "BOBO mga Kalaban ko..Kaya ko to.. puro porma lang mga to"...wag mo lang paririnig at baka putukan ka;f ;f ;f

New_comer
10-18-2004, 11:06
I'd just wear my gear, listen attentively to the walk-thru given by the RO, then imaginate/pretend that I have a plan how to shoot the stage, wait my turn then commit one blunder after another. ;P

Then I move on to the next stage... ;)

Fonzy
10-18-2004, 16:32
Originally posted by New_comer
I'd just wear my gear, listen attentively to the walk-thru given by the RO, then imaginate/pretend that I have a plan how to shoot the stage, wait my turn then commit one blunder after another. ;P

Then I move on to the next stage... ;)

;z

ganda rin topic yung recovery after 'failing' a COF. pag pangit putok, sunod-sunod na minsan. just like golf, sometimes all it takes is just one wrong swing, then it's all downhill from there.

Allegra
10-18-2004, 18:46
;z

ganda rin topic yung recovery after 'failing' a COF. pag pangit putok, sunod-sunod na minsan. just like golf, sometimes all it takes is just one wrong swing, then it's all downhill from there.

Dali yan
Pag pangit putok mo sa unang stage
Inisin mo yung kalaban mo para pumangit din putok nya

Kay BE ba galing yun? Treat each stage as a seperate match
Pagtapos na yung stage, maganda o pangit, burahin sa utak and focus on the next stage