PTT problem settled already?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PTT problem settled already??

mikol
10-18-2004, 05:02
Hi to all BoG's,

Here's the update of that PTT problem in our region.

THAT PTT PROBLEM. Speaking of gun policies, Supt. Rey Lyndon Lawas, the head of the PNP firearms unit here, held a meeting with some gun club officers and members last Monday to discuss his new policy on the issuance of Permits To Transport (PTTs.)

Some officials of the Philippine Practical Shooting Association (PPSA) were present in the meeting but, from what I’ve heard, they merely bowed to the totem pole.

A PTT is a legal permit that allows licensed gun owners to transport his or her firearm from the home to a firing range for practice or sport shooting. It costs P120 and is valid for a month.

Lawas’ new policy limits the coverage of the PTT from the gun owner’s home to the gun club the owner is a member of. If the gun owner decides to shoot in another club, he needs to pay for another PTT.

The policy drowns to death in fees those sport-shooters who attend PPSA matches that are held four times a month on the average.

Lawas offered a solution: Get all gun club presidents to agree to allowing the members of other gun clubs to enter their range and he’ll resume issuing general PTTs again.

Sir, wasn’t this the status quo before you implemented your PTT policy?

Well, let’s see what happens next.

9MX
10-18-2004, 08:07
jeez! ih ope the virus doesn't spread here in manila. just renewed my ptt last sunday. we'll see this coming weekend;)

mikol
10-18-2004, 13:51
Originally posted by 9MX
jeez! ih ope the virus doesn't spread here in manila. just renewed my ptt last sunday. we'll see this coming weekend;)

hope it doesn't 9mx. i am even praying that the good Supt. will resume the issuance of what he called the "general PTT's" again. i really thank my freind karlon rama for giving me and all those shooting fanatics some updates of this PTT thing happening in region-7.;f

but if ever this things will not change in our region...e di sama nalang ako sa wifey and stay for good nalang dyan sa cavite where she is from. makaka tropa ko pa kayo di ba? what do the palaging busog & armscor team think?;)

horge
10-18-2004, 17:52
Originally posted by mikol
palaging busog

;z ;z ;z

mikol
10-19-2004, 01:29
Originally posted by horge
;z ;z ;z

hi horge,

seriously i really admire your guys.(pb & armscor team & to those individuals in the shooting arena) for us newbies you are the reasons why our interest in this hobby grows stronger every day. ;f
we learn alot of new things from you each day. just can't wait to put in action all the things i pick up in this forum.;f :cool: