Looking for a Online shooting game to play [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Online shooting game to play

GlockGuy24
10-19-2004, 20:06
I want to play a game that has to do with the army and guns and stuff like that. I tryed America's Army and I don't care for it because of the lag. All the servers lag alot. Also I want the game to be free. Anyone could help me out?

DigitalRaptor
10-20-2004, 02:23
Unfortunatly, America'a Army is pretty much it for free shooters. Most other "Free" shooters are mods to games that you have to go buy.:cool:

DigitalRaptor
10-20-2004, 02:37
Ah...I take that back. Go to activisions website and download Enemy Territory. It's WW2 multiplayer.;a

chevrofreak
10-22-2004, 03:38
I love WolfET

DigitalRaptor
10-22-2004, 03:57
Never could get into it myself. I'm currently addicted to Red Orchestra, which is a mod for UT2K4.:cool:

FoxMustang
10-24-2004, 13:57
A bunch of my friends are hooked on Day of Defeat, a very fast-paced WW2 mod for Half Life. You'll need a copy of Half Life, but they're like $10 anymore.

JohnCT
10-24-2004, 14:20
Try day of defeat as mentioned above. There is a newer version coming out soon so if you like the 1st version, you'll have a sequel to play as well. There are also plenty of servers available so you shouldn't have too many issues.

fastvfr
10-24-2004, 16:55
Well, Glockguy, there's Unreal Tounament 2004, which has a demo version you can DL which has good online shoot-em-up action, as well as being a bargain!

I play Battlefield Vietnam and its free expansion, the WWII Pacific Theatre mod a lot...both are cool.

You seriously eliminate most of the really good OL shooters by not paying anything, IMHO...

Good luck, and have fun!

FastVFR

PS. What sort of Net connection are you running?! I usually get under 100 ping with no perceptable lag to most servers for the three games I mentioned, as well as AA...

Tvov
10-24-2004, 18:41
Originally posted by fastvfr

PS. What sort of Net connection are you running?! I usually get under 100 ping with no perceptable lag to most servers for the three games I mentioned, as well as AA...

What kind of connection do you have? I have "slow" DSL, but can usually can get a bunch of servers under 100 ping for a variety of games, especially Halo (which I am STILL addicted to!).

Rocnerd
10-26-2004, 07:02
Go get a copy of medal of honor. Great single player and multiplayer online. It isn't free, but well worth the money. I bought a copy two or three years ago and still play.

Tvov
10-26-2004, 07:08
You should be able to get Medal of Honor real inexpensive, especially through online sales. There is still a lot of online play for it. I've found that the expansion packs, though fun, have little online action.

JesseCuster
10-30-2004, 12:33
Were you looking for something squad-based like America's Army, or something larger in scope?

I think Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield is the best squad based shooting game online.

Joint Ops: Typoon Rising is
larger in scale. You play to capture bases, and respawn when you die after a certain amount of time has passed. You can drive a few vehicles like a jeep and a Stryker, plus helicopters and boats.

The weapons are fun to use in both games. Joint Ops has a bunch like the M4, M16A2, MP5 and AT rocket launchers. Rainbow Six 3 is also well stocked with hardware.

Tvov
10-30-2004, 12:57
Originally posted by GlockGuy24
I tryed America's Army and I don't care for it because of the lag. All the servers lag alot.

Again about the lag, what kind of online connection do you have? I have basic DSL, and when I play Halo I routinely have 20+ servers come up that have under 100 ping, which translates into very little lag. I have not played America's Army, so I don't know about their servers. You are going to get some lag with online play, almost no matter how low your ping is. Someone else can join with a slow connection, and then everyone else gets lag. The point is to try and get as little as possible.

GlockGuy24
11-17-2004, 19:06
Originally posted by Tvov
Again about the lag, what kind of online connection do you have? I have basic DSL, and when I play Halo I routinely have 20+ servers come up that have under 100 ping, which translates into very little lag. I have not played America's Army, so I don't know about their servers. You are going to get some lag with online play, almost no matter how low your ping is. Someone else can join with a slow connection, and then everyone else gets lag. The point is to try and get as little as possible. I have DSL and I have 0 ping. All the time. Then it goes to 16 ping but stays at 0 most of the time I play. I don't lag inside I lag when I'm outside running around with the 203.