Help needed for Firefox [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for Firefox

Romadoc
10-20-2004, 12:04
I had been happily using Mozilla-Firefox for several months. Last week I downloaded Netscape so as to be able to access my online bank as well as fully use HSN. Now, Firefox has disappeared and I am unable to locate it (with all the info loaded therein). The desktop simbol will not raise it. I have looked at the sequence of Start..Programs and likewise failed. I locate the program, but it will not open. Any suggestions would be welcome. Firefox contained some passwords which functioned and now I must struggle to remember. Any suggestions would be welcome.

CheesyD
10-20-2004, 13:31
If it were me I'd use the "Add or Remove Programs" in the Control Panel to uninstall Firefox. Then download and reinstall Firefox.

Romadoc
10-20-2004, 15:20
I have held off using "uninstall" due to the fading hope someone can help out and the finality of "uninstall". The "uninstall" and re-download will be the final option when all other means have failed.

fastvfr
10-20-2004, 17:19
You mean, like your Favorites and such?

Right click the Start button and navigate to Program Files> Mozilla> Firefox and locate the bookmark file there. Move it to the desktop or My Documents, then reinstall the program.

That way you won't lose anything but your settings, skins, ect. Which you can save as well by snagging those folders along with the bookmarks.

Good luck,

FastVFR

nigneil146
10-20-2004, 19:07
Actually, all your bookmarks, history and all is in your profile folder. In XP, your profile is in C:\Documents and Setting\Your User Name\Application Data\Mozilla.

If you uninstall and reinstall, you will not lose anything in your profile folder. Just back it up first to be sure if you are that worried about it.

Hope this helps.