21 and looking at Law Enforcement - Need to Get into Shape, Can you field my ?'s [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 21 and looking at Law Enforcement - Need to Get into Shape, Can you field my ?'s

Phoenix_III
10-20-2004, 18:51
I am finishing my senior year at college and I am trying to get into shape as some LE agencies have pre-reqs before they put you through their own PT.

What I would like to be able to do

A good 60 pushups non-stop
A good 100 situps non-stop
1.5 miles in 12 minutes

I can do 30 good pushups non-stop
I can do a good 75 situps in a crunch machine I have, which I think is harder than it should be (you slow your descent to keep from banging your head, so you use muscle on the way down).
Running - I can jog two laps (half a mile) without stopping, but that's about it. oy. My weak point there.

I had a pair of push up bars (broke, will return to Modells) that allowed for a deeper pushup. I saw a technique on TV for sit ups (on back, legs up, knees bent, like sitting in a dinner chair, on your back, and then doing the crunch) that seesm good if I had one of those blue mats (could get one from Models I think).

Here is what I have available to me.

1) Full-Size, lit up, outdoor track.
2) Full-Size pool, open late.
3) Sparing with my roommate (he will be doing these things with me), which gets one winded pretty quick (Kendo).
4) a gym with weights, stair climbers, treadmills... though beginning of the semester they put down a noxious rubber floor (replaced) so if it doesn't smell to the point of gagging it is an option.

I am looking for a plan or accepted modes of increasing Stamina, primarily... the pushups and situps I have been doing have noticably increased my respective abilities in each. Anything else to consider would be appreciated. I eat moderately well, my girlfriend is nice enough to cook with vegetables and whatnot to put some variety in my diet save from hamburgers, peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese, and steak... and soups. =)

Thank you all.

California Jack
10-21-2004, 19:00
Go HERE! (http://www.crossfit.com)

mossy500camo
10-25-2004, 20:36
Go to http://bodybuilding.com there are cops there that can help you.