Dell Trouble? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dell Trouble?

glockess56
10-20-2004, 23:22
Has anyone had trouble with their DELL pc's? I've had mine for six months and it goes off and I can't get it back on. I've called/emailed, etc about five times. They tell me to plug/unplug it from the wall and to unplug/plug it from the cpu tower, etc. After that, it doesn't work again. I get a new computer and I have to do all that to keep it up and running? Has anyone else had this problem with DELL pcs? Mine is the DELL Dimension 8300. I'd be anxious to hear any suggestions. I get tired of call their tech service people and waiting for ever on the phone.:soap: :soap:

MrsKitty
10-21-2004, 00:09
Bad power supply?

I would call and "suggest" that they start attempting to REPAIR my computer. If calling don't work, write.

BikerGoddess
10-21-2004, 09:40
I've found it can take upwards of 45 seconds for mine to come back on after I've opened the lid. Is yours doing that or does it just go out while you're working?

I have the Latitude and have been though several (almost a dozen swaps in 3 years). Last time I wasn't able to run it on the power supply, battery only. Fortunately, it's a work machine and I just take it in and ask for a new one.

Laura

Glock Bob
10-22-2004, 11:04
I've had my 8100 for over 3 years. Best PC I've ever had.

When you say it "goes off", do you mean after you shut it down, or it just shuts off by itself?

glockess56
10-22-2004, 18:53
My desktop dimension 8600 shuts off by itself if I don't shut it down. Then, when I push the little button in the middle to activate it, nothing happens. Some times a uh uh groaning sound happens. Sometimes, though, it even works. The last two days it has worked. That's what I mean by it shutting down.