Ronin asano... Many Thanks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ronin asano... Many Thanks

Wulfenite
10-22-2004, 13:05
Thanks to the info you provided I finally got tough with earthlink and hammered out my email issues.

Here's the story.

I started out as a JPS customer, Onemain bought JPS, the Elink bought onemain. Along the way onemain decided that my email address was not a sufficient user ID so the assigned me a new user ID that was impossible to use becasue it was a bunch of mostly meaningless numbers and letters. I jsut kept using the previous mail address. When I got bought into earthlink both address came over but the meaningless address was the primary. Here's where the problem occurs. When I logged into create additional email address I didnt log in as the account user; I logged in as the alias which was actually my original mail address. So all the successive accounts I created were more aliases not new, standalone profiles. Since I never logged in under the primary name I never saw the screen that allows the creation of new profiles.

After talking to half-a-dozen out sourced workers in India, and a couple state-side tech people I got all the aliases transfered into profiles and now I'm a happy camper.

For the record the Indian tech people were more knowledgeable and helpful than the American workers I talked to. One state-side girl clearly had know idea what I was talking about, got frustruated, and hung up on me.

Once again..... Thanks.

ronin_asano
10-27-2004, 09:46
cool.

i was going to ask you if you had an update on this, i think i saw you post in one of the hk threads or something, but i didn't want to hijack the topic.

glad i could help.