More wireless networking issues [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : More wireless networking issues

dave5339
10-23-2004, 07:09
Hi all,

Ok, now that the new laptop is here and I have a working wireless router and PCMCIA card, (Dlink G series) I have another question or three.

I've been trying to connect the laptop into the cable modem.

First I tried an old hard wired 4 port router. The desktop was fine, the laptop would not connect. It would see the cable plugged in, but it would not allow me to access the net.

I even tried coming straight off the cable modem into the laptop, no go. IE tells me no connection active....

So I set up the Dlink system this morning. The router configured fantastic. The card setup in the laptop went great. I've got the little green signal strength icon, says good signal.

Guess what, IE still bombs out. What do I need to set on IE in order for it to see the net connection?

Help, I'm tired of going insane!

Thanks,
Dave

fastvfr
10-23-2004, 07:32
Can you ping the router's IP addy from a command prompt?

Did you run the Network Setup Wizard on the laptop, and configure it to connect through the AP?

A setting isn't set yet, is the most likely problem. Sounds like the hardware is 100%...

dave5339
10-23-2004, 08:19
Was just a WEP key issue. After putting the 26 character in 457 times it's now stable and running like a bat out of hell.

Semper Fi